Top 10 Posters

Magic Bobbin Washers

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 23 Replies | 10 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
8 Posts
Points 115
ladyof2 posted on Sat, Jan 14 2012 3:09 PM

Does anyone know what else to use instead of going to buy these magic bobbin washers?

• | Post Points: 80

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
Female
9,579 Posts
Points 139,858

ladyof2:

Does anyone know what else to use instead of going to buy these magic bobbin washers?

If you have a high dollar, precision machine I'd be leary of using anything like this. Usually any stitch problems can be worked out with a slight tension adjustment, needle change,  re- thread, and making sure your bobbins are wound properly.   

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,221 Posts
Points 41,055
Answered (Not Verified) Donna B replied on Sat, Jan 14 2012 10:40 PM
Suggested by Carolynne

Judy Lee:

Good evening Elizabeth,

The Magic Bobbins reduce the heat and friction as you longarm quilt.  It is supposed to prevent backlash as well.  I bought them when I had all the tension problems and all the bird nesting on my quilt. I was willing to try almost anything since I had long since pulled out all my hair! LOL!  I can tell a difference when using them and not using them.  The bobbin washers go into the bobbin holder and then your bobbin goes in next.  I don't sew without them.

Judylee

I agree JudyLee,  I use the Magic Bobbins in my Bernina and have not had any backlash problems since.  I also use the Supreme Slder and find it very helpful with FMQ.  I would highly recommend them for anyone doing a lot of FMQ on their machine.  I got them in a kit (from Leah Day's website) that included the Magic Bobbins, Supreme Slider and Machingers (gloves).

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
25,035 Posts
Points 369,017
Kris replied on Sun, Jan 15 2012 3:25 AM

I have some bobbin washers. They go in the bobbin case and if your machine has a sensor that tell you when the bobbin is running out they block it. I hate running out of bobbin thread and not knowing so I only use them in the machine on the frame. I can see when that thread runs out.

Not Ranked
Female
2 Posts
Points 60

I am also new to site and a bit backwards in coming forward, but concerning the bobbin washers, I use them all the time on my A1 longarm, I have no need on my two Berninas and one washer lasts months on the longarm.  Fixed my tension problems, you take out the spring and use a drop of oil.  Love them.

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
8 Posts
Points 70

Carol, I use the slider  mat for the free hand motion on my quilts and it helps a lot and it relieves the aches and pains in your arms.  Although, my shoulder was sore maybe it is because my posture was not correct or something... As for the bobbin washers, I'm still working on it.  It seems that on my machine it doesn't work right.  Just don't know.... 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
9,443 Posts
Points 127,624

Hi carolebrunet and welcome to QCA!

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
9,443 Posts
Points 127,624

Hi Carolynne and welcome to QCA

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
28,537 Posts
Points 416,944
gini replied on Sun, Jan 15 2012 7:45 PM

hi carolynne, welcome to the group

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
28,537 Posts
Points 416,944
gini replied on Sun, Jan 15 2012 7:45 PM

carolebrunet,  love your name   welcome to the group

gini in north idaho

Page 2 of 2 (24 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use