Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up To Today? #5

Page 644 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 642 643 644 645 646 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 9,870 Replies | 67 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,105
Points 109,540
chocake2 replied on Thu, Aug 16 2012 8:41 PM | Locked

Feel better soon Sukochi. I'm glad Jims surgery went well and I hope his pain lessons quickly.

Marge, Congradulate your DGS on a job well done. He's making us all proud.

I just took the last batch of 'mators out of the canner. The way I figure it, this one is free. LOL I've only put up a 3 month supply. I should put up another lug... My hads are stinging from the acid in the tomatoes, so I think I'll give it a few days before idecide whether it's worth it or not.

I was called in again today. Bossman waited til I got home  yesterday and right in the middle of things to call me and say "He-e-lp!"  His DD was scheduled to work the desk today but she announced that she was going to the field and her daddy could work the desk. She somehow managed to disregaurd his schedule, and far be it for him to tell her No. So I bailed him out...  No. Actually, I bailed DH out since Bossman had to do the prep for hubby's vacation today. Without me, it wouldn't have happened, and then DH wouldn't get to go on his summer trip.   (Yeah. I can live with that!)

Anyway, I was annoyed today to go into the gallery and discover that people had been drawing in the dust on our display cases!! You'd think that her royal PITA would realise that it ain't cool to charge folks to see bad housekeeping. But judgeing by the condition of the bathrooms, she's decided that she ain't the maid.  She announced 2 months ago that she "Ain't the docent". I'm forced to wonder what exactly she figures it is that she was hired to do? How odd that our job descriptions are exactly the same.

*Deep Breath* Steppingoff the soap  box now.

I get to get my kids back tomorrow!! Got a 4 hour drive ahead of me to meet up with my brother and pick them up. They'll be tired puppies by the time I get them home. LOL

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,201
Points 239,087
Thea replied on Fri, Aug 17 2012 12:24 PM | Locked

CC - take it easy on that drive - how you do all you do is besides me - I pray for you each day!  Lord give CC lots and lots of energy... he seems to take mine away and gives it somewhere else so hopefully some of it comes to you.

Sukochi - hope you feel better real soon - I hate to read that you are having another tough time and glad DH is recovering nicely from his surgery and no I would not put my hand near his guardian.

Me... well I am doing what i can each day - I am working on getting the house ready for the visit of the lifetime - my grands... have it almost ready for them - and am sewing on 3 projects right now... so shame on me - I think I have about 20 in some stage or other but am working diligently on 2 so I can get to the 3rd...lol... and 4th... some day I will get caught up when I don't see anything new that just has to be a quilt by Thea...lol  

I need to get Reese's top sandwiched so that that Christmas present is done - I really liked this quilt when I bought the material for it but have decided from now on I will look very carefully at the size of the quilt - I do not like this now as it is 60x90 and seems overly long to me - but there is no way now to do anything to it to change it - so I'll just finish it up and remember from now on to look a the size... this probably wouldn't bother anyone else - just seems strange to me... too long and skinny!

I shocked the pool yesterday and got the little chlorine thingie to bop around the top but that is hard when we have the solar cover on it all day long which I don't want to take off as DH put the pool under the pecan tree - why - well I don't know - but he didn't think that anyone but me would be out there each day cleaning all the leaves out - so now they drop on the cover and when we take it off to use we have to make sure that 2 of us do it so the leaves and PECANS don't fall in the pool... I would have liked it out in the yard where there are no trees but was not arguing with him... he did have to dig the base to make it level... and was concerned about running an extention chord out to the middle of our back yard... so he had good points... it will all work!

One of these days it will be warm enough for me to get in...lol... I keep thinking each day - that this will be the day but hasn't happened yet - DH has swam almost every night!

Well that is all the news from this crazy quilter's home - here's a warm quilty hug and a great day to all!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 47,700
Frances replied on Fri, Aug 17 2012 1:03 PM | Locked

Barbara:

Sukochi, sound like you need to invest in a snake for your plumming problems , The snake is a tool not a real snake,LOL  Sorry to hear of your cold and hope you both get to feeling better here real soon. Try and keep his wound clean so there is no infection. Barbara

Barbara,

You should have seen my face when you said this, i had visions of you holding a rattle snake and putting it where you needed it to solve your plumbing problem, (its a very comical picture).

lots of love

Francesxx

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,843
Points 85,675
Sukochi replied on Fri, Aug 17 2012 1:13 PM | Locked

One of those rattlers with the little tool belt and his crack in full view. OUCH!!!

Sukochi

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 305
Points 5,880
Aleta replied on Fri, Aug 17 2012 2:08 PM | Locked

Today I've canned spaghetti sauce using the tomatoes from my garden - mostly Roma.  (It is an old recipe and tastes awesome!  My Mom always made it when I was a kid.)   I'm waiting now to hear the "snap" of the lids.   This has been a busy summer, with the tomatoes (canned them, made canned spaghetti sauce, canned chili sauce) and the corn (froze it).  I was also up to my eyebrows in zucchini and made and froze lots of bread.

Today I've also done some piecing on a quilt I'm working on.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 47,700
Frances replied on Fri, Aug 17 2012 2:22 PM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

One of those rattlers with the little tool belt and his crack in full view. OUCH!!!

Well we have always been told that American women have a pioneering and adventurous spirit.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Fri, Aug 17 2012 6:25 PM | Locked

Whoopie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe Spud will make it to the Leavenworth retreat in a few weeks!   Oh, that would be so grand!

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,705
Points 436,495
Nana replied on Fri, Aug 17 2012 8:25 PM | Locked

Marge

Thanks so much for the update.  I think of Spud so often.  It is good to know that everything is still looking good.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,776
Points 247,884
Barbara replied on Fri, Aug 17 2012 10:18 PM | Locked

Frances, I can see how you might have thought  that, First time someone told me about a snake I thought the same thing. I'd never heard of it for plumming. ,but it works great ,and it's really not hard to use.. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,776
Points 247,884
Barbara replied on Fri, Aug 17 2012 10:24 PM | Locked

Frances:
Well we have always been told that American women have a pioneering and adventurous spirit

Frances , they told you right , Don't dare us cause we will do it , and so many of us have had to learn to do things on our own, but if I want to take off and do something on my own  I'm gonna do it.  Sounds like you are going to be doing the same heading over here this March and your great adventure , When you go see Marlene try and get to the Grand Canyon , it is so worth it, You be sorry if you miss it ,it is a wonder to behold .this is were my late hubby and I want our ashes put. It is truly one of gods greatest works.  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,105
Points 109,540
chocake2 replied on Fri, Aug 17 2012 11:39 PM | Locked

380 Miles and far too many gallons of gas later...We are all home safe, tired and happy

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,776
Points 247,884
Barbara replied on Sat, Aug 18 2012 7:00 AM | Locked

CC good to hear get some rest..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,843
Points 85,675
Sukochi replied on Sat, Aug 18 2012 8:49 AM | Locked

CC, glad you all got home safe and sound. I am not one for long trips anymore. With the bathroom breaks, a four hour drive would take us 6 hours. All you have to do is put me in a car and I have to tickle.

Wonderful cloudy, drizzly day. I love days like this. So cozy in the house. A great day to be quilty in my sewing room. Drizzle means cool temps.

Cold is still terrible. Have hardly any voice. Is that Jim I see doing the happy dance? I wonder if he is recovered enough for a few days in the shed? Hmm.....

Better go clean up. This will be a record as it is only 9:46 in the morning.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,105
Points 109,540
chocake2 replied on Sat, Aug 18 2012 10:36 AM | Locked

Good Morning!

It's a bright sun-shiney day!

I was supposed to meet my Bro & SiL in Butte yesterday when we did our "hostage exchange", but by the time I got to Helena, Brother had called and changed my destination so I ended up heading for the southern border of the state to meet them. It didn't change my milage that much and made the trip easier on them. We actually managed to pull up to our meeting point almost similtaniously! Not bad considering the distances traveled to get there. It must have looked like a covert gov't op with two big black vehicles parked bumper to bumper, in the middle of nowhere, with stuff being shuffled from one to the other...

I only just managed to unpack and see what all he loaded in my ride. I asked him to pick me up a lug of peaches... He brought me FOUR cases! 'Guess you all know how I'll be spending the next few days. *Sigh* Happy canning season. 

The kids each came home with a small mountain of fancy new clothes for the start of the school year. DS1 says "Mom, I make skinny jeans look GOO-ood!"  LOL. I never would have thought of buying skinny jeans, just cause they aren't really my style (Not to mention they aren't all that easy to find here) ...but I guess they are his. I'm so glad he got to shop. :)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sat, Aug 18 2012 2:11 PM | Locked

Karla - I love Logan's quilt!  It is so cheerful!

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Page 644 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 642 643 644 645 646 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use