Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up To Today? #5

Page 643 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 641 642 643 644 645 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 9,870 Replies | 67 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,837
Points 248,874
Barbara replied on Thu, Aug 16 2012 7:17 AM | Locked

Sukochi, happy to see hubby did well through his ordeal. Looks like form your photo  that is is in good hands.. I wish him a speedy recovery .Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Thu, Aug 16 2012 8:52 AM | Locked

Thanks, y'all for the good wishes for Jim's recovery. He is in some pain today and his would is oozing. YUCK!  I have a terrible cold and am trying to cough up a lung, I think. Feel terrible, no energy

. Now, one of our toilets is stopped up. Constantly using the plunger on it. but that is not working. With a septic tank we can not use the drain openers. I will call our neighbor later, he sleeps late, and see if he can refer me to a plumber. Just what we need right now.

At least it is a beautiful day today. have errands to run. Library, Walmart, P.O. Standard stuff.

Y'all have a beautiful day today.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,837
Points 248,874
Barbara replied on Thu, Aug 16 2012 9:29 AM | Locked

Sukochi, sound like you need to invest in a snake for your plumming problems , The snake is a tool not a real snake,LOL  Sorry to hear of your cold and hope you both get to feeling better here real soon. Try and keep his wound clean so there is no infection. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Thu, Aug 16 2012 10:31 AM | Locked

I hadn't thought of a snake, Barbara. I try not to think of them. Living in the woods. Jim said, just now, that he has one but does not know how to use it. A man admitting he has not idea how to use a tool? He must be delirious!!  I will ask our neighbor. he know everything.  Well...HE thinks he does, anyway.

Need to get in the shower and out of here to get my errands done.

Later, all.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,117
Points 29,755
Ramona replied on Thu, Aug 16 2012 10:39 AM | Locked

Sukochi,

It does sound like the snake would work for you. Hope you're neighbor can help. DH us has used one several times. Want me to send him to help? LOL Anyway, using one can scratch up the finish on the toilet so ask them to be careful.

Sorry you are sick and trying to be a caregiver too. That'll take it's toll. Hubby looks like he's being well taken care of.  Glad he is doing well.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,529
Points 31,110
Diana replied on Thu, Aug 16 2012 1:03 PM | Locked

Sukochi,  Hope DH feels better soon and you too.  It's hard feeling lousy and being a caretaker for another.  Been there, done that.  Did you know that a bit of honey on a wound makes it heal faster and better???  Old farmer's remedy.  Honey is nature's antiseptic.  Neighbor had hysterectomy and her wound wasn't healing well, so I suggested honey and her dr. was amazed how well her incision was healing.  She told him about the honey and he said he'd heard of it, but never actually knew anyone that had actually done it.  Grandfathers' both used it when they had bad scratches from haying, or wounds from general farming.  Sounds weird, but it actually works.  Just don't lay outside where the ants are...LOL

Diana in East Tn.  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Thu, Aug 16 2012 1:45 PM | Locked

Mary:

Thank you all for your kind words. I'm better today...at least I'm not crying all day so far. I'm sorry I bothered you all with my garbage. It's so hard when you have nobody close to reach out to. Sometimes you just have to put it out there trying to find a lifeline to grab. I shouldn't do that here and I'm sorry.

Mary - I haven't been on the computer since last week so i am trying to catch up on news here.  AS far as "shouldn't do that here" --- NONSENSE.  This is where ou can let it all hang out with no fear and have all of your quilty sisters there to pick you up and brush you off.  :o)  I hope as I go through more pages of messages that I find you are feeling better.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Thu, Aug 16 2012 2:00 PM | Locked

I am trying to catch up here before we leave for Fort Benning.  David Jr graduates from infantry school to his "Turning Blue" ceremony this morning.  I was supposed to work today so our plans were to go down this evening.  As it was, I traded days with another gal who needed Weds. off so we will leave soon. 

Had to make a run to the doctor's office this morning and see the PA.  Got a roaring case of poison ivy on my calves and ankles.  I must have picked it up on one of the doggie walks but I don't remember seeing any.  I usually avoid it like the plague.  They gave me a shot in the behind side plus prescriptions for a dose pack and some ointment.  I sure hope it works fast as i haven't had a good nights sleep all week thanks to the itch. 

I am working on a quilt for a customer.  It is just a panel - a map of North America that needed borders plus sandwiching and binding.  I will quilt around the United States and channel quilt the border.  She will be doing some hand quilting around the little motifs in the individual states.  She stopped in the shop yesterday to talk about the quilt and it looks like I may be making another one for her when I get this one done.  Whoda thunk it. 

Well - gotta run and do one last critter run next door and take care of my doggies before we head out.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Thu, Aug 16 2012 2:09 PM | Locked

chocake2:
I was thinking of Spud again today. I haven't heard any up-dates on her in a while. I pray she is doing well.
I checked my Facebook page today and I found a post from Spud's daughter.  Spud has had another "cancer free" check - up ----- SIX months now.  Hooray!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,092
Leslie replied on Thu, Aug 16 2012 2:13 PM | Locked

Marge, that's fantastic news.    Yippee Spud

[Ava, Missouri

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Thu, Aug 16 2012 3:11 PM | Locked

Hooray, Spud. I am so happy to hear this. we love you, Spud. If you are lurking, speak up, Girl! We miss you.

Take care of the Poison ivy, Marge. That is nasty stuff. The Prednisone should take care of it, don't you think?

I told Jim about the honey idea. Worth a shot. He is in a lot of pain. The surgical nurse said an inguinal hernia is a painful one to heal from.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Thu, Aug 16 2012 3:25 PM | Locked

Almost forgot. the owner of mu LQS has come up with a great idea. We will have a  quilt row swap. I will up load the pattern photo. 12 of us will each draw a number from 1 -12, that will tell us which of the 12 rows we will do. We make 12 of the assigned row and have a swap party. i suggested a Christmas Cookie swap to go with it. Pure holiday fun!!

Sukochi

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,117
Points 29,755
Ramona replied on Thu, Aug 16 2012 4:43 PM | Locked

Marge,

Ooooo, poinson ivy. I hope I never encounter it. We have a lot of poison oak around here. I've been lucky to avoid. Hope it's better soon. Sounds like the PA took good care of you.

Hope we see pictures of the US quilt. Sounds wonderful. Have a safe trip and congrats on his graduation.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,117
Points 29,755
Ramona replied on Thu, Aug 16 2012 4:47 PM | Locked

Sukochi,

The honey is a great idea. My Dad always used bacon greese. That probably doesn't work as well as it used to.  You can get a heavy antibiotic cream to put on there. Probably should get some just to have around the house. I hope DH is taking his pain meds so he will heal as he should and he isn't doing too much. From that last picture, I don't think the little doggie will let him. LOL

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Thu, Aug 16 2012 8:12 PM | Locked

Marge (AKA Dimples):

chocake2:
I was thinking of Spud again today. I haven't heard any up-dates on her in a while. I pray she is doing well.
I checked my Facebook page today and I found a post from Spud's daughter.  Spud has had another "cancer free" check - up ----- SIX months now.  Hooray!!!!!!!!!!!!

YIPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Page 643 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 641 642 643 644 645 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use