Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up To Today? #5

Page 640 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 638 639 640 641 642 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 9,870 Replies | 67 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,700
Nana replied on Mon, Aug 13 2012 7:37 PM | Locked

Thanks for the well wishes everyone.  That ole tooth came out without a problem.  So far I am doing well except I would like some real food.  On cold liquid restrictions until morning.  Hope everyone has had a great day and all those that aren't feeling well get better soon.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,760
Sukochi replied on Mon, Aug 13 2012 7:56 PM | Locked

Joni, your floors are beautiful. I love them.

Ginny, I am better. God heard you. He always hears us. But, prayer from others helps a lot, too. Jim didn't make it to the Church. Forgot to take his morning pain meds. Then, by the time he did feel better, rain moved in.  So metal detecting is on hold for a couple weeks, as he will be recovering from his hernia surgery. That surgery, which I said is tomorrow, is actually on Weds. I have been thinking it is Tues. all day today. Hate when that happens. You didn't scare me. I know better but sometimes I don't give in soon enough. Even when I know I should.

I so appreciate all of you caring so much about me. It means more then you will ever know.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,705
Points 53,630
Ginny replied on Mon, Aug 13 2012 9:01 PM | Locked

Sukochi,  I hope that your husband has a much quicker and less comlicated recovery from his hernia surgery than I am experiencing.  I'm sorry that he didn't get to do and detecting today.  It will be exciting to hear what he finds when he does his search.

Which reminds me, I should have my son get his out to see if he can find the shed key that the neighbors cat stole and carried off 2 years ago.  Ginny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,013
Points 250,829
Barbara replied on Mon, Aug 13 2012 10:03 PM | Locked

Sukochi, yes I did get it I have seen the article but have not read it yet, I will give it look again, have just been busy ,busy busy ,LOL   .thanks for bringing it to my attention , Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,013
Points 250,829
Barbara replied on Mon, Aug 13 2012 10:04 PM | Locked

Joni, your home is so clean ,I need you to come and do mine ,it is a disaster esp,now with all this fabric I have no place to put. LOL  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,092
Leslie replied on Tue, Aug 14 2012 2:41 PM | Locked

Karla, received my Birthday surprise from you, thank you very much love the card and fabric

[Ava, Missouri

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,760
Sukochi replied on Tue, Aug 14 2012 2:59 PM | Locked

Geez, what a busy day. Got Barbara's block done for the Parasols and Fabric Birthday Block. Started my August block for Borderlines in Butternut and Blue.  Rearranged furniture for the Mantle headboard in our bedroom. Then had to do a little more shifting to get the Mantle screwed into the wall. We had a problem as there is a electric plug right where we should have put it so it is a bit not in the center of the room. It will have to do.

Now, have to get supper done and the ironing done for tomorrow. We have to check in at the Hosp. for Jim's hernia surgery at 6:15. Should be back home by 11:00.

Talked to our Pastor for a bit. One of the ladies in the church is at the Hosp. with her Dad who is in the final stages of lung cancer and his heart is failing. So sad. Dianne is our Pastor's wife's BF and so she is there with Dianne.

Y'all have a great evening. Will be back on here tomorrow aft.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,762
Points 180,443
Marie replied on Tue, Aug 14 2012 3:16 PM | Locked

Sukochi, prayers going up for Jim for a successful surgery and a quick recovery.

My carpal tunnel surgery is scheduled for 3:30 tomorrow afternoon and they expect me to fast from midnight tonight until then.  Good grief, I'm going to waste away to nothing by then.  : )

P.S.  I could probably live off my FAT for at least six months, gotta do something about that.  Do you lose weight if you just think about it????  No fair!

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,760
Sukochi replied on Tue, Aug 14 2012 4:47 PM | Locked

Marie, Prayers right back at 'cha for your surgery outcome tomorrow. We are such a falling apart group of old ladies.  Well, except for Kris and CC. They are not falling apart or old.

Is there an Old Quilters Home somewhere?. Lot of sewing machines, rotary cutters, mats, pins, design walls, longarm machines, and tons and ton of fabric? Or, is that Quilters Heaven!?!?

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,762
Points 180,443
Marie replied on Tue, Aug 14 2012 5:30 PM | Locked

Definitely Quilters Heaven, Sukochi!

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,760
Sukochi replied on Tue, Aug 14 2012 5:58 PM | Locked

Where is everybody today? No one but us few chickens on here. Not even any funny happenings coming out of  CC. Surely she is not having a boring day. She always has such interesting days. Where is everybody???

Nan just reported to me that she has lost 25 pounds being sick for so long. Wow. . She said Maddie got the Non Profit now. for Quilted Hugs By Maddie. I told her Maddie  better get out there and beat the bushes for some kids needin' hugs made of fabric.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Tue, Aug 14 2012 7:39 PM | Locked

Marie:
P.S.  I could probably live off my FAT for at least six months, gotta do something about that.  Do you lose weight if you just think about it????  No fair!

If you could lose fat just by thinking about it, I would be nothing but skin and bones.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,387
Points 29,300
Marsha-SM replied on Tue, Aug 14 2012 7:40 PM | Locked

Nana:

I am getting ready to go to the dentist.  Have to have a tooth pulled.   Really not looking forward to this visit...LOL>   I probably will come home a nap most of the afternoon.   Unfortunately anytime I have to have even the smallest procedure done it causes the fibromyalgia to go into overdrive...yuck.

Hope you feel better after having your tooth pulled than I have.  I had one pulled last Wednesday and still am having problems from it.  The way I felt that morning I should have postponed the appointment, but stubborn me, I went.  My jaw muscles were very tight before he started and I couldn't relax them.  The muscles in my whole face and neck hurt for several days afterwards and I had a nagging headache - all because of fibromyalgia!!  The whole mess set off a major flare up along with nausea and light-headedness - one of my usual reactions.  Hope you do much better! 

I am feeling a little better today, so maybe I can get to the pile of 12 finished wheelchair quilt tops that are waiting for me.  Need to finish these before I do anything I really want to do, like FMQ practice.  I couldn't stand long enough to sandwich quilts - headache and aches returned every time I tried.  Need to be ready for the next Mystery quilts that start this fall.  Hope at least one will work for another college quilt for one of our grandchildren.

You have the right idea - take a nap.  I didn't, so I paid!

Marsha - Western New York

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Tue, Aug 14 2012 7:45 PM | Locked

I've been busy...yard work this morning and then picking pears.  We have two pear trees that were rather prolific this year....we've picked about 12 grocery bags full of pears that we're now trying to ripen.  After the yard work (and it was hot out there) I came in and took a nap.   When I woke up I finished the binding on Logan's quilt (I'm attaching a photo of the finished quilt).

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,700
Nana replied on Tue, Aug 14 2012 7:49 PM | Locked

Marie

I will be thinking about you tomorrow.  Hope your surgery goes well.

Vinton, Virginia

Page 640 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 638 639 640 641 642 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use