Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up To Today? #5

Page 636 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 634 635 636 637 638 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 9,870 Replies | 67 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Sun, Aug 12 2012 9:07 AM | Locked

Bad night. Started braking out in hives about 5 yesterday. I took 3 Benedryl. About 8 my throat started to swell on the left side. It swelled all night, until I got to where I could not talk but could breathe about 3 this a.m. Didn't think I needed to go to the ER cause I could breathe. Got up this a.m. and my face, neck, eyes are all really swollen. Throat is still swollen. Can talk but not much. Can breathe but it is kinda shallow. I think It is the rescue inhaler I was prescribed. I haven't used it much until last night. We don't know if I should go to the ER or not. My Dr. wants that CT before he does anything about my hives and this is probably linked to them. I am at a loss.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sun, Aug 12 2012 9:17 AM | Locked

Sukochi, if your throat is swelling you sohuld go before you get to a point you can't breath and then you're in trouble. . I would not wait to long .

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Sun, Aug 12 2012 9:37 AM | Locked

My throat is starting to go down a bit. my tongue swelled up at the very base of it in my throat, or wherever you tongue starts. But, that seems to be going down a bit. I will give it awhile longer. If it is caused by that inhaler, the longer I am from using it, the better I should get. But, I will go take a shower and clean up.....just in case. Jim said that last night, I was breathing just fine.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Sun, Aug 12 2012 10:07 AM | Locked

Sukochi, I don't think I will ever complain about having a mosquito bite again.  Only once have I ever had hives, but still nothing like you experience on a regular basis.  Hope your swelling goes down fast, and that you are feeling better soon.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,971
Points 27,675
Ramona replied on Sun, Aug 12 2012 10:14 AM | Locked

Sukochi,

I'm like Barbara, you should go when your throat starts to swell like that. You never know when it'll get to the point of no return. I know you continue to go through these episodes but goodness. I really feel for you. To have your throat swelling like that has to be frightening. Have they said anything about where you live being an issue? Should you be moving to protect yourself? I'm sure you have had every test out there and then some.   Maybe the CT will get some answers for you. Sending you a big quilting hug!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Sun, Aug 12 2012 10:40 AM | Locked

I have been doing some research online, (which my doctor tells me NOT to do), and it seems like this is Angioderma. A swelling of the face, eyes, lips, throat. Said it will go down with antihistamine. Took the Benedrly. Will give it an hour or two and, if not better, I will go to the ER.  I have an Epi Pen, if I need it. Just hope it doesn't come to that. Have had to ride in an ambulance two or three times in the last 10 years due to this.Once, I was so bad, and, scared to death of being intubated. Luckily the Epi helped and I did not have to be.  It is my immune system out of whack, I am sure.

God has got this. This I know for sure.

On a happier note, yesterday we went looking for something "different" to use as a headboard. I wasn't sure what that would end up being but knew I would know it when I saw it. Ever do that? So, went to our fave antique shop and nothing. Found two kitchen tables I loved and ma considering, but nothing that would work for a headboard. Went out in the County and to another shop we know of. Boy, I had forgotten that they were so high end. Couldn't afford anything in there. On the way out, I noticed a huge black cut out wooden Moose. I told Jim, jokingly, that THIS Moose was exactly what I wanted. He just looked at me like I had taken leave of my senses and kept walking to the car. Then we stopped at another shop ont he way back to town. Eureka, I found it. a mantle, old mantle, It is so great. The owner of the shop said that if came out of the Kirby House. A very old house in town that was torn down some years back. And, he even delivered it.  We have to figure out how to attach it to the bed rails. But, Jim will do that. I am so jazzed.  Now, for an old kitchen table and 4 mismatched chairs.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,669
Points 65,695
Bonita replied on Sun, Aug 12 2012 2:11 PM | Locked

WTG on your ribbons Gini, I remember the angel but what was the other?

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,971
Points 27,675
Ramona replied on Sun, Aug 12 2012 3:13 PM | Locked

Sukochi,

Wow! Sounds like an exciting day out hunting. Can't wait to see a picture of the headboard setup once DH is done with the project. Great find!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,695
Karla replied on Sun, Aug 12 2012 3:41 PM | Locked

Today, since I finished quilting Baby Logan's quilt, I'm going to work on binding it.  It is so hot, and this quilt is heavy, but I'm going to crank up the a/c (which will put hubby in a good mood, since he hates the heat) and get it done.

I signed up for a class at the LQS called "Hot Ribbon Applique".  Has anyone ever heard of this before?  The samples they had were gorgeous.  The class is next Saturday, and is a 6-hour class.  Hope the supplies aren't too expensive.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,971
Points 27,675
Ramona replied on Sun, Aug 12 2012 4:02 PM | Locked

Went to church and then to Albany for a Mexican lunch. Very nice weather in south central KY today. Low 80's with a very light breeze. Have not turned the air conditioner on in my quilt building today. Great weather to sit on the porch and enjoy a Sunday. Will work on a quilt a bit later and get it pinned on for quilting tomorrow after DH wakes up from his nap in my shop.  Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sun, Aug 12 2012 4:24 PM | Locked

HI all , I got my second half of my homework finished today, this one was really fun to do . I used red fabric under the bow to help bring it out ,and did close stippling again and this time I did feathers in my borders . I'm really thrilled with how it came out.. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 65
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,186
Points 15,875
Susan replied on Sun, Aug 12 2012 4:25 PM | Locked

Mary, You are not bothering us with all your garbage ! We care about you and want to be your lifeline while you are fighting this horrible bout of depression. You may not have family except your DH however you do have a Heavenly Father who loves you more than you can imagine and is just waiting for you to call out to Him. His only son Jesus Christ knows what it is like to suffer pain, shame, abandonment by friends and finally crusifixion  because he loved us so much and wanted to die for us. You included, Mary. I know from experience how depression makes you think and say things that are irrational and not really what you mean. I hope this has not stepped on your toes. I just felt led to say this to you . We are all here for you in good times and bad times. Isnt that what friends are for? If they only want  the sunshine and not the tears, I dont think they are real.  Im so glad you have the courage to reach out to us and hope you always will. Hoping for a speedy recovery and seeing you back to your good natured self, again.    Hugs, to you my friend.       Susan

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,503
Points 50,705
Ginny replied on Sun, Aug 12 2012 6:19 PM | Locked

Sukochi,   uit playing with fire like that.  When your throat and tongue start swelling like that  it can be a breath away from death.  If I scared you by this GOOD   I have taken care of a lady that did that 2 times, as she was right across the street from the hospital when it happened and passersby brought her in to the ER.  The third time she was not near our hospital, but near another hospital that is an excellent one, but she was too far away away from it to get her there and she died. 

Don't worry about them putting a tube down your throat just pray you can get there in time for them to be able to do it.   Very sorry to be so harsh but you need to know the truth. And as far as the doctor getting the cat scan, he is being a fool if he is waiting for some proof that there isn't a whatever before treating you.  I'm sorry but you need toquit paying around before you can't ever play around again.  There are more horror stories within my own family I could tell you about but hopefully something of what I have said will get you to act in time.   Remember, when your throat and tongue start to swell- use that epi pen and get to ER.   Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,503
Points 50,705
Ginny replied on Sun, Aug 12 2012 6:32 PM | Locked

Hi Everyone, I had just gotten home from a 2 1/2 hr trip to Houghten Lake for a family  reunion and then a 3 hour trip back home.  My son drove by the way. In my feeble state it was all I could do to sit in the traffic.  Since I couldn't make it to my cousin's husband funeral yesterday, I knew I could see them all today.  It was a beautiful day on the lake front.  Beautiful breeze and sun.  Absolutely great German food. Now although it is only 7:25pm, I am going to bed.  Nite all.   Ginny

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,971
Points 27,675
Ramona replied on Sun, Aug 12 2012 6:55 PM | Locked

Barbara,

Another excellent trapunto project!! It appears you are a pro/natural at this.  It is beautiful and love the red behind the bow and your feathers! I'm a bit envious, in case you can't tell. :-)

• | Post Points: 35
Page 636 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 634 635 636 637 638 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use