Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up To Today? #5

Page 633 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 631 632 633 634 635 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 9,870 Replies | 67 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Fri, Aug 10 2012 7:50 PM | Locked

Mary:

you are right. I need to shut up and deal...thanks for the smack upside my head. I will just stop sharing now.

Mary

Never stop sharing.  Sometimes we just need to get it off our chest.   It is hard knowing that you are the reason finances are tight and there isn't a darn thing you can do about it.  But just know that you are loved and are a productive person whose life touches many others in a good way.   Life is never easy but it is always rewarding.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 789
Points 20,020
Carol replied on Fri, Aug 10 2012 9:50 PM | Locked

Leslie :

I'm pooped got home from my shop hop around 6 had alot of fun.  The most wonderful part tho was I got to meet one of our members Carol, it was so nice to meet you and your friends

We all enjoyed it too - my DH asks if we had enough fun to last us until the next quilting day!  Really nice to meet you in person! We got home a little earlier than you, and all found the goodies  we were looking for!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,396
Points 415,524
gini replied on Sat, Aug 11 2012 7:02 AM | Locked

Mary, hang in there.  I wished I lived closer so I could give you a big hug

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,396
Points 415,524
gini replied on Sat, Aug 11 2012 7:08 AM | Locked

My little quilt that I started at the smokey mama retreat got four ribbons, pretty cool.   My angel quilt got second.   I'll take pictures of our show later today.   Right ow I am line sitting for a Kenny logins concert tonight.  Symphony and wine tasting tomorrow, then a few days of rest.  It is co-old waiting in line. I have my long pants a wool hat and quilt.  I am still cold. Sam only brought one sleeping pad, or I would be on the ground snuggling up for warmth with him.   It is just now starting to get light.  We have been here since three.  The line is already 100 folks long.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 80
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sat, Aug 11 2012 7:13 AM | Locked

Gini ,is this for the concert or for tickets? if for the show you are all more into it then I would be ..LOL  Either way ,have fun..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sat, Aug 11 2012 7:28 AM | Locked

Gini, you have the most fun life. Kenny Loggins? Wow. Wish I was closer. Sounds like Woodstock with only one musician.

Gonna be a really nice quilty day in No. GA. Mtns. Kinda cloudy makes things even more cozy in my house. Coffee to get things going.

Already have the dishes done and emptied the dish washer, one load of laundry done, too. Moving right along. Jim sleeps very late so I have a quiet, peaceful early morning to myself.

Today, Wes comes to help Jim install the wall of paneling in the kitchen then that wood stove that has taken up residence in the middle of my kitchen goes back to its home in the corner. Kitchen table and chairs coming back in, too. I want a new kitchen table and chairs. Will look around the local antique shops to see what I can unearth. One shop has gorgeous furn. but it is too fancy for my little country primitive house. Also need headboard. Thinking of idea for that. Wish I could find an old wooden gate. SIL has one on their master bedrm in their lake house. It looks so great.

Have a happy, lazy Saturday. If you have a local farmers market, stop by. That is fun on a lazy Sat. a.m.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Sat, Aug 11 2012 7:54 AM | Locked

Congratulations on your ribbons.  I am not surprised as your work is always beautiful.  Have fun at the Kenny Loggins concert.  I used to love listening to him.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Aug 11 2012 9:55 AM | Locked

gini:
My little quilt that I started at the smokey mama retreat got four ribbons, pretty cool.   My angel quilt got second.

Ah, we have a star in our midst!  I guess we knew that.  Congrats!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Sat, Aug 11 2012 10:23 AM | Locked

Mary:
my anti-depressants, are too expensive right now.

Mary, google the name of your anti-depressant and "patient assistance" and you may be able to get them for free or very little cost.   Also, you can google the pharmaceutical company that makes them, and "patient assistance." 

anti-depressants do not "mask the truth."  they work on problems with the neurotransmitters, receptors, etc.  While depression and difficult circumstances often occur at the same time, clinical depression can occur when everything is going right, and people often wonder then, why am I depressed? 

anti-depressants often help people in dealing with the truth, and resolving issues that may have been too difficult before. 

Anti-depressants themselves are often effective, but in combination with therapy, much more successful.  Been there, done that.  And it changed my life.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,108
Points 109,585
chocake2 replied on Sat, Aug 11 2012 10:28 AM | Locked

Prayers going up for you, Mary.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,108
Points 109,585
chocake2 replied on Sat, Aug 11 2012 10:31 AM | Locked

Good morning,

It's a beautiful sunny day.

I going to spend the day trying to tidy up the house.   SIL arrives with her white gloves tomorrow evening, so I hope to make good progress. We'll see how far I actually get wit the kids running around...

I haven't told the munchkins about their aunties visit yet. It'll be a great suprise for them.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Sat, Aug 11 2012 10:35 AM | Locked

About time to get dressed and go to the quilt store to get backing for the bargello.  Not quite done with the top, but that should happen today, and tomorrow I want to start quilting it. 

Sleeping outside tonight on the lawn.  Meteorite showers.   Sometimes it can be quite a show.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590
MaryLeeHayden replied on Sat, Aug 11 2012 12:06 PM | Locked

Thank you all for your kind words. I'm better today...at least I'm not crying all day so far. I'm sorry I bothered you all with my garbage. It's so hard when you have nobody close to reach out to. Sometimes you just have to put it out there trying to find a lifeline to grab. I shouldn't do that here and I'm sorry.

• | Post Points: 95
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590
MaryLeeHayden replied on Sat, Aug 11 2012 12:11 PM | Locked

Patti:

Mary:
my anti-depressants, are too expensive right now.

Mary, google the name of your anti-depressant and "patient assistance" and you may be able to get them for free or very little cost.   Also, you can google the pharmaceutical company that makes them, and "patient assistance." 

Funny...If I had no insurance, I'd get help. Because I have insurance but cannot afford the copay, which is hefty, I'm SOL. Too bad I'm not on welfare, huh? Because we don't drain the government coffers, we are left hanging in the breeze. Gotta love that.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sat, Aug 11 2012 12:56 PM | Locked

Mary, we are always here for each other. You bring it to us and we can talk you though it. And, best of all, send quilty hugs. We have a group for Depression and mental health in Ellijay that meets once a week to just talk about things and vent and cry when they need too. Perhaps there is one in Maryville. Check into it. Hearing what other's in your situation say, might help you. And, they also have  assistance available, if the need is there. Check your newspaper. Talk to your pharmacist. When I run out of a med early, they will give me a few to get me through. Sometimes your pharmacy can hook you up with a service for getting your prescriptions at a discounted price when you are low or out. Also, when you get paid, one of the first things you should do is be sure to put aside the money for your month of meds!  That way you do not run short.

Now have a happy day. Quilt some, if you can. That will put a smile on your pretty face.

Love you, Miss Mary. (((((HUGS)))))

Sukochi

Page 633 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 631 632 633 634 635 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use