Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up To Today? #5

Page 622 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 620 621 622 623 624 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 9,870 Replies | 67 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,402
Points 119,641
Patti replied on Mon, Aug 6 2012 9:23 AM | Locked

Today's weather prediction is "dangerous dry lightning" for Eastern Washington.  Not a good thing.  I don't like fire season. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,834
Points 248,814
Barbara replied on Mon, Aug 6 2012 10:02 AM | Locked

Patti ,I hope with all my heart that you don't have this happen ,we have had way to many fires in this country this year ,and I pray it doesn't happen ot you .. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Mon, Aug 6 2012 10:57 AM | Locked

Patti:

Today's weather prediction is "dangerous dry lightning" for Eastern Washington.  Not a good thing.  I don't like fire season. 

Yep, this Red Flag warning is for all of Eastern Washington (includes Patti, Marge P, Tami in WallaWalla, and me...and probably more I don't know about).  And, I think Gini (in Sand Point, Idaho) and Jacey (in Idaho) too.  As bad as it is, we are "kind of" used to it and most of us have taken precautions...like Patti's rock garden around her house.  That is a great fire break!  We have cleared all the sage and bitterbrush at least 30 feet away from the house, we have a rock barrier closer in  and then everything close up is watered every day.

Our Senior Exercise Class is cancelled this morning.  The hall where it is held is not air conditioned and it was 90 degrees inside when my co-leader went to set up the chairs at 7:30 am.  I need to get on the phone and call my half of the list!  I am actually glad about this because I was thinking about the storms and wishing I could stay home and "house-sit"...just in case of a fire nearby.

Our cucumbers are finally getting large enough for pickles, so put up 2 jars of dills this weekend (cold pack method).  Also made fresh pesto and froze it is small yogurt containers...just the right size for "pasta for two" or a small pizza on the BBQ.  Our tomatoes and peppers are just starting to ripen (finally) and the corn should be ready in about 3 weeks.    I think I am going to be a little busy in the next couple of weeks!  (The berries (strawberries, raspberries and blackcaps) are just finishing up.)  We try to do our gardening in the early morning and then I can quilt in the afternoon. 

I finally got Jacey's Row for the Leavenworth Retreat Row Quilt finished.  I hope to take and pm the picture this morning to others making rows for her.  Hope she likes it!  I started Judy's Row last night and need to get that finished asap as we now have plans to go to Oregon mid-month for DB & DSIL's Surprise 80th Birthday Party. 

Have a cool and quilty day everyone...

Winthrop, WA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Mon, Aug 6 2012 11:39 AM | Locked

Here in Northwestern Nevada we have been under a Red Flag warning for the past two days...lot's of wind, but no rain, and luckily, so far, not many wildfires, at least not near us.  They've been able to contain a couple of small ones rather quickly.  Today it looks like it's going to be a nice day, so far no wind, but they promise us 100+ degrees,

It's our 46th anniversary and after I take the two youngest grandsons to swim lessons, we'll head into Reno where DD2  is preparing to give birth...looks like DGS4 will be born on our anniversary.  So I imagine we'll be spending most of the day in the hospital.  The boys are really excited to see their new little brother and want to skip their swim lessons, but grandma paid for them so they will be going.

Hope everyone's day is good and that those of you in Eastern Washington and Western Idaho and Northern Nevada don't get too many wildfires.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,708
Points 248,357
Thea replied on Mon, Aug 6 2012 12:17 PM | Locked

The whole state of Oklahoma is under a burn ban - we have had 2 horrific fires this past weekend - and what is sad is that both of these were purposely started - took homes and animals - but because of the no rain and high temps we are horribly dry - the rain that came on Saturday that soaked my quilts on the front porch - well they were all dry within about an hour of me finding them - I had waited till Jay got up and was going to take them in to wash and dry - although rain water wash is fantastic - but I wasn't going to be able to lift them - well anyway - they were bone dry when I took him to get them - so we just left them out... 

I hate the fires though and we watch very carefully... we are in the middle of the town so if it got to us it would probably mean the whole town of Enid was going up but a watch went out on the news for people to watch for a guy throwing burning newspapers out of a black suv... so sad that people can be like that...

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,541
Points 416,959
gini replied on Mon, Aug 6 2012 12:40 PM | Locked

we're still pretty green here, but a big lightening storm could cause fires if it came with a lot of wind.  our high fire season usually comes in late august through early october

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Mon, Aug 6 2012 12:46 PM | Locked

The whole country is just burning up. So sad. Some homes in Atlanta were torched by somebody. Said on the news at noon.

MARGE and JONI:  Are you going to the the big quilt show and market at the Georgia 400 Antique Market in Cumming the weekend of Sept. 22-23?  Has a big shopping area at the quilt show, too. Sounds like my kinda Sat. Have the church picnic on Sunday so can't go then.

Ran all the errands this morning. Worn out now. Got it all done though. Now to get up the energy to clean the bathroom and the bedroom. Cleaning the wall and everything else.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,708
Points 248,357
Thea replied on Mon, Aug 6 2012 2:29 PM | Locked

Still running on zero energy today - the temps went back up and the barometric pressure is rising and  falling and sending my arthritis into over drive... what next right...lol... I did get the wash that I was going to do done today - it is Monday so the bathrooms were supposed to get done - think they will get pushed to Wed as tomorrow have the neurosurgeon appointment - I figure just another doctor visit - but a friend tells me he is really good and should help me out - I am not getting my hopes up though... the temps here in Enid are back to triple digits today and the humidity from the rain makes it like a sauna all over...

Our pool should be in to be picked up by Wednesday - looking forward to that - Jay is preparing the ground for it so that there won't be any rocks underneath - have to get myself a floating chair now...teehee... the hot tub situation is on the back burner till the temp drops and an electrician will actually come to work on our problems... this house is an electrical nightmare... do not understand how they did this or why the electrician who originally did it got away with what they did... it is a mess though... But Jay says soon...lol... he says soon so often and it has been 12 years that I have been waiting for the Soon on the work he did in the front rooms... but now that we are moving he will have to make Soon a reality...lol

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,702
Points 179,708
Marie replied on Mon, Aug 6 2012 3:04 PM | Locked

Thea and Ginny prayers going up that your pain will subside.  Thea with your early morning phone call I bet you were pain free for that wonderful moment you heard you'd be a grandmother again.  So happy for you.

Prayers going up for all my quilt-y friends across the country who are feeling the effects of this horrible weather pattern.

Millbury, MA

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 3
Points 60
Alice replied on Mon, Aug 6 2012 3:09 PM | Locked

Just returned from Cape Cod vacation with extended family.  Great time except I found out that Heartbeat Quilts is closing.  Happy for the owner who is getting married but will continue her fabric line but sad for all the customers and staff.  It's a lovely large store that I looked forward to visiting every year.  The silver lining is that I went to a quilt show sponsored by the Bayberry Quilters and found the name of another great quilt shop.  Back in MD now and the temperature and humidity are energy drains.  Hope to get going on projects anyway.

Alice 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,702
Points 179,708
Marie replied on Mon, Aug 6 2012 3:11 PM | Locked

Karla:
It's our 46th anniversary

Happy anniversary, Karla and congrats on your new grandson, what a wonderful anniversary present he will be.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,702
Points 179,708
Marie replied on Mon, Aug 6 2012 3:19 PM | Locked

Nana:
We spent the weekend getting DD and SIL moved into our house.

Nana, you shouldn't be moving heavy furniture around, let the young'uns do it.  You just provide food and drink, that's what I do now when heavy work is needed.  Just tell the kids if you get hurt they'll have to take care of you, works like a charm every time.  : )

Millbury, MA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,224
Points 16,470
Susan replied on Mon, Aug 6 2012 4:27 PM | Locked

Karla, Happy Anniversary! And congratulations on your new GS. That is the precious gift you could ever receive. Show us a pic, when you get a chance. I will say a little prayer for you and your family.  Susan

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,541
Points 416,959
gini replied on Mon, Aug 6 2012 4:53 PM | Locked

Karla, congratulations on your new grand baby and your anniversary.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,708
Points 248,357
Thea replied on Mon, Aug 6 2012 6:04 PM | Locked

Karla - congratulations on the birth of the newest grand son - I can't wait to find out what we will be adding to our family but that will be a few months yet - but the anticipation and the excitement are putting big smiles on my face...

didn't get anything done but the laundry today - just could not keep myself awake - napped everytime I sat down...not sure what this is all about - DH is home and I am making dinner now... 

hope to get at least 8 of my 9 patch blocks done this evening... they will get done sooner or later - there is no rush - and now to start designing a new baby quilt - what fun this one is going to be... so so happy!

Page 622 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 620 621 622 623 624 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use