Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up To Today? #5

Page 621 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 619 620 621 622 623 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 9,870 Replies | 67 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Sun, Aug 5 2012 9:15 PM | Locked

CC any time .I'd be happy ,as long as its in my realm of  learning ..LOL  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Sun, Aug 5 2012 9:16 PM | Locked

Thanks Gini ,I'm trying really hard to learn what I can,I try to pratice everyday .. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Sun, Aug 5 2012 9:18 PM | Locked

Marge thanks You really should try it ,it is alot of fun. This time last year I was scared to death of it. Now I'm a junkie.LOL   Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,412
Points 62,115
Bonita replied on Sun, Aug 5 2012 9:24 PM | Locked

You sure have come a long way in just a short time. Do you have two machines set up or do have to change settings and feet everytime?

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Sun, Aug 5 2012 9:36 PM | Locked

Bonita I change feet and stuff everytime. I have other machines I can use but this is my favorite and it's worth it to me ..a pain  but worth it ..LOL   Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Sun, Aug 5 2012 10:22 PM | Locked

It has been a really long day and now I think I am going to bed.   We spent the weekend getting DD and SIL moved into our house.  I hate moving furniture...esp heavy furniture.  I am really ready to have time for some quilting.  Sounds like everyone has had a busy weekend.   Thea and Ginny sorry you are having pain...hope it improves really quickly.   I know how it is to have chronic pain...no fun.   Of course then I help move furniture and the joints and back tell me I am insane for doing that kind of thing.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,354
Points 31,930
MaxNTopeka replied on Mon, Aug 6 2012 12:20 AM | Locked

Wow, Barbara!!

You have really been practicing hard.  Your FMQ is looking so good....love those echoing feathers.  You will get a lot out of the class you are taking because you are dedicating so much practice time to it.

The PP compass points are stunning!  I've been doing PP, but my points never get close to looking as nice as yours...I am just dripping with envy!

Keep practicing...your progress is amazing!

Max

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Mon, Aug 6 2012 6:26 AM | Locked

MaxNTopeka:
You will get a lot out of the class you are taking because you are dedicating so much practice time to it.

That is the key, I'd say!

Keep up the good work, Barbara.  So far, I like your echo feathers the best.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Mon, Aug 6 2012 7:02 AM | Locked

Thanks Max,  Just keep working at that PP you'll get those points down  It just takes time .don't give up.. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Mon, Aug 6 2012 7:04 AM | Locked

Nancy thank you . I 'm working hard at it. the last lesson is a whole cloth quilt so I want to do good on it .   

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,372
Points 48,740
Ginny replied on Mon, Aug 6 2012 7:19 AM | Locked

Nana thanks for the concern. I am ready to be done with this. Originally I thought -Piece of cake- Hernia surgery is next to nothing- How wrong I was.  What I had was very complicated, but I sincerely hope things are on the right track now, but I am as weak as a new-born kitten.

I hear you on having chronic pain and then suffering the aftermath, I keep doing silly things like that too.

Now I have another problem to deal with. My closest cousin,s husband died last week. My cousin and I were like sisters.  The funeral is this coming Friday as they had to get some of his kids back from Wasington, California and Arozona.  I am not going to be able to go because I am still too weak and not able todrive that far and all of my kids are not able to take off work for it.  The relationship is too far from immediate family for them to ask for DIF days, so I feel so bad for it.  Ginny

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 458
Points 9,535
chicagosinger replied on Mon, Aug 6 2012 7:30 AM | Locked
Hi Nana! I've moved so many times that I've become an old hand at it! Only one problem with that, my body screams "STOP! What in God's name are you doing? If you don't stop, I'll make you pay, BIG!" And of course it does cause I don't listen to it! It's hard for me to admit to myself that I'm no 'spring chicken' anymore. I've found a way to resolve it though, DH and I had sworn off moving! No more moving, no more pain, right? HAH!!!!! Anyway, hope everyone recuperates from their weekends!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,233
Points 35,340
Linda replied on Mon, Aug 6 2012 7:30 AM | Locked

Hi everyone! Gosh here it is after 8:00 am and I'm still in my pj's. I am getting lazy. I think today I'm going to finish Joshua's birthday present and get it posted. I'm a bit late since his birthday was July 25. That fall has really put me behind. Then I need to finish something I'm working on for the Amish retreat....ssssh can't tell. It's a secret. Then I suppose I should pay a bill or two. Those people always want money.So do I but tell the government that one!!!!  Then I have to call the alarm folks again and get my new med alert online. It would have been nice if the original one had worked in the first place instead of my having to drag myself to a phone at 2:00 am.

Then I need to start packing clothes for Amish retreat. I already have 4 bags + sewing machine bag packed. Well the sewing machine goes in last...I sew up to the very last minute. If I could sew on the way down I would!!  Got to call one of the docs for a prescription refill.

So that's my day so far. Happy quilting this week everyone and keep smiling!

God's Blessings.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,933
Points 233,972
Thea replied on Mon, Aug 6 2012 8:10 AM | Locked

Nana - I feel for you and the bad part is you don't feel it all the next day but the next day after that and the next day after that - and the pain gets worse before it gets better... but then there is the knowing that it will stop - I keep knowing that someday it will stop and I'll be shocked...lol... I hope you have a good cream to rub into those joints.

Chicago singer - I used to be used to moving being in the AF but have been settled here for almost 16 years now - wow doesn't seem possible... and we are contemplating a move in 2 years - I am slowly going to be prepared for it though and getting rid of things now - seriously looking at the things I have and deciding I haven't used something in a long time so it goes... DH said he was very proud of me... I am happy too to get out of that category of hoarder...teehee... 

I am so looking forward to the move to MN though - be close to my grand kids as they are growing up and being close to my son again - I truly have missed being close to him and although this will be a big sacrifice it is one of those that I am truly happy about making... especially now that we got the good news...

The phone rang at 6 am this morning... first thing I heard was WE ARE SORRY TO CALL SO EARLY - so I said that's okay what's up - "Well, we wanted to let Pop's know before he went to work that you are going to be Grandparents again!!!  Nope didn't mind being woke up for that news at all.. 

So excited... starting the new babies welcoming gifts already...

Linda... please take it a little easy - and pj's at 8 a.m. is not being lazy...lol... I sometimes wear those casual pjs all day long... that to me is the epitome of lazy but is okay in my book... Have fun at that retreat - I so wish I was going to be there - can not wait till October to get away to the Walnut Place Retreat... 

So although the pain is still here bothering me in OK - I am smiling smiling smiling - and am sending warm - very warm - quilty hugz and thoughts to all my quilty friends.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Mon, Aug 6 2012 8:13 AM | Locked

Thea, You are going to end up with a whole parcel of grand kids ,LOL   what fun.Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Page 621 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 619 620 621 622 623 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use