Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up To Today? #5

Page 613 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 611 612 613 614 615 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 9,870 Replies | 67 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Thu, Aug 2 2012 11:08 AM | Locked

gini:
bigger brother Calvin was delighted that his new baby brother was so thoughtful to get him some new legos. oh to be so innocent and actually belive a 4 hour old brother could get you some legos.

What a great idea!!!!  Wish I would have thought of that with my third boy...lol.

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Thu, Aug 2 2012 12:41 PM | Locked

Cool Gini!! How fun for you! Great idea to give the big brother a gift from the baby!  (Do you suppose the baby had those legos hidden in Mommy's tummy all this time??)

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Thu, Aug 2 2012 12:49 PM | Locked

I still haven't gotten the floor mopped, but I'm on the second load of laundry for the day and I managed to sneak out and gather seeds from the flower garden for the lady who planted it. She misses it something terrible, so i thought i'd do what I can to give it back to her. Her hubby is addiment that she not dig anything and transplant it, so seeds will have to do.  I've got daisies, poppies (2 types); phlox; columbine (2 colors); and delphiniums for her. Oh, and some fun little purple/lavender star shaped guys that I don't know the name of... If she succeeds in getting half of them to grow, I'll be impressed! I just hope they make her smile.  While I was collecting them, It occured to me that I should just have hubby till up a section along the fence where I hate to mow and toss all of the seed heads out there. Maybe we'll get a wild flower garden that way... ( Call it Lazy Lady Horticulture. LOL)

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,740
Points 419,899
gini replied on Thu, Aug 2 2012 12:49 PM | Locked

I'm pretty sure Calvin thinks so.   Where else could they have come from?

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,864
Points 181,703
Marie replied on Thu, Aug 2 2012 1:33 PM | Locked

gini:
 it's a happy family, and i get another baby to squeeze.

Gini, I'm so jealous!  Extend my congratulations to the family of Bruin for me.  Maybe you'll get him earlier than the other two for swim lessons, no fear at two or three.

Millbury, MA

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 41
Points 685
gidget replied on Fri, Aug 3 2012 12:22 AM | Locked

gini:

chocake2:
Would you be able to walk away from those sweet baby smiles in favor of doing the laundry and mopping the floor?

not me, that's why my house was never clean when the kids were little.

and we have a new baby,  little Bruin was born yesterday,  big brother Dexter was all grins as he is not the baby brother any more, bigger brother Calvin was delighted that his new baby brother was so thoughtful to get him some new legos. oh to be so innocent and actually belive a 4 hour old brother could get you some legos.  it's a happy family, and i get another baby to squeeze.

congratzzzzzzz on baby Bruin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,760
Sukochi replied on Fri, Aug 3 2012 7:33 AM | Locked

Mornin' Glories!

Have to go to the Dr. for lab review today. : (  This usually doesn't go well. High triglycerides and he always fuss's at me about that.

Time to being the re-do of our whole house. A friend from Church does organization and cleaning. Think I will ask her to come take a look at my disaster and see what I can do to make it better. With the new floor, and right now, each room being pretty much of a blank canvass, nows the time.

Nice cool mornin'. Imagine that. We have had some really nice rains lately. Maybe our drought is over? Praying for that.

Nan got home but all is not well, She has fallen out of the bed and her whole left side is in agony. Poor thing can't win for losing.  Keep her in your prayers.

Have a beautiful, quilty day.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Fri, Aug 3 2012 8:20 AM | Locked

Today is run errands day....LOL>   Going to JoAnns to see if I can find fabric for some curtains in one of the bedrooms.  And have to go to the grocery store...yuck.   Hope to get some sewing time in as well.   I have been working on my quilt top that I am doing with the fall charm pack exchange.   The fabrics are so pretty and the top is coming along rather quickly.  Hope everyone has a great day.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Fri, Aug 3 2012 8:25 AM | Locked

It was cool and overcst all day yesterday. It's been so warm lately that 73 felt cold... Last night it rained. A nice long gentle soaking rain! I hope the weather continues on and works it's way down to you folks who so despirately need it!

I woke up this morning to the cheerful little coos and chuckles of my baby greeting the sunshine. It was so nice to just lie there and listen to him welcoming the new day  ...and then hubby opened the door and 75 lbs of exhberant puppy crash landed in the middle of the bed. Make that exhuberant WET puppy. And I was occupying the space she crash landed on.  She started her day playing in the mudpuddles, and appearently thought she needed to share. She knows she's not allowed on the furniture, but, gosh, she was just so giddy she couldn't help it.    I'm so very blessed with happy off-spring and a happy canine too! LOL  

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,800
Points 31,720
Annie replied on Fri, Aug 3 2012 8:30 AM | Locked

Good mOrning all and Happy Friday,

Just got my Pfaff back from servicing.  My machine is new, bought in January and I have had issues with thread breaking, inconsistent stitches and thought all along it was "operator error"  well, the repair man Eddie said that many of the factory settings were off, some by a lot.  So he re-adjusted them and I can't wait to get home from work to day to try it out.  I hope I can see a difference.  Eddie said he was surprised that I could sew at all with the feed dogs set so low and pivot point off.

Have  a great day and weekend

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,760
Sukochi replied on Fri, Aug 3 2012 8:45 AM | Locked

chocake2:
I'm so very blessed with happy off-spring and a happy canine too!

CC, I see you put a positive note on Jenni jumping on the bed...wet. Now you can add wet sheets to wash. 

I know listening to Sprout cooing in the morning is wonderful. Would get your day off to a beautiful start.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,760
Sukochi replied on Fri, Aug 3 2012 8:45 AM | Locked

chocake2:
I'm so very blessed with happy off-spring and a happy canine too!

CC, I see you put a positive note on Jenni jumping on the bed...wet. Now you can add wet sheets to wash. 

I know listening to Sprout cooing in the morning is wonderful. Would get your day off to a beautiful start.

Sukochi

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 546
Points 11,066
Happy replied on Fri, Aug 3 2012 8:53 AM | Locked

Off work today so hoping to get in my sewing room it has been 2 weeks because my mother In law was here for a week then we went on a short vacation we went camping and my mother inlaw can with us so I could not take a sewing machine with me. Some time I do 

Happy

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,258
Points 254,064
Barbara replied on Fri, Aug 3 2012 10:38 AM | Locked

Happy Friday to everyone. Been up since 4am , got to sewing , and have accomplished a lot so far . Got my new Paper pieced compass finished ,and I'm now working on my fabric swap charm pack tops . just finished getting half of a border on one of the wall hangings . that was a pain,as they are not straight . I used a 3 in tumbler patterns so had to modify the boarder some,I am making two wall hanging out of mine charms. they are looking pretty good .

Have my first Quilt University Class this evening ,so I'm excited about  that, and I have a birthday block to get done. so I have lots to keep me busy.  To hot to go outside suppose to get to 100 today ,so gotta stay cool .

CC ,I just know the best part of a mornign was listening to your little one welcome in the day. ,Made my heart sing to hear it ..

Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 14,126
Points 252,502
Thea replied on Fri, Aug 3 2012 12:25 PM | Locked

Happy Friday is right!  I had such a bad day yesterday - couldn't log in to QCA - well I could log in but couldn't do much else - it seemed like it took 10 minutes to load a page and the way I was feeling I didn't have that patience.  Didn't understand why I was feeling so bad - but it was a horrendous day - Jay and I both listened to the wx man and he just said hot hot hot... trip digit record breaking temps for the weekend - even though he was forecasting a cold front coming down from Canada - it was just supposed to reduce us to 100-105 instead of 110 - 115...Jay said any relief would be great - but why was I hurting so bad - this day was no different from any other day until this morning... I had put the water on the garden and then the front lawn last night as they truly needed it - DH had forgot to turn it off this morning - so I went out to do that and was getting wet - I looked and the road was wet - WHAT - did we waste that much water - nope - the skies had opened up and were giving us a rain storm that the wx men - not one of the wx men said anything about rain... but I am sure that is what has my body hating me...So I know what is the problem and can deal with it now - extra warm heating blankets to get the ache out of the muscles...

Jay still doesn't have the electric fixed so that I can get the hot tub fixed - but oh that would have been so nice today to go soak and get that massage - hopefully he will be able to get it done this weekend... all the electrician friends of his have told him - not in this heat - they are all staying inside... we have a full job for them - they are going to have to pull wire through out the whole house and redo the box outside to the meter - they double tapped the wiring when they did it - totally illegal - I asked him if that is why our electric bill is so high - Jay isn't sure but is going to ask one of the guys - I keep our house at 80 - our neighbors across the street keep theirs about 70 and our houses are about the same size - ours is a little bigger but not that much and they also run electric to their barn structure - but our electric bill is almost twice what theirs is... I am trying to find ways to cut this down - keep both Mom and I comfortable during the day - I don't mind the heat as much as she does... but this is exasperating to me...

Barbara - I am so excited for you in your class tonight - you need to call me and tell me all about it...

CC - I love the stories about Sprout... I wouldn't get anything done if he was here and smiled and googooed at me - it would be all over...

Gini - congrats on the newest grand child - we hope to be saying the same thing next year - I am impatiently wanting another grand... C & B say they want a couple more and it will be so much fun as we hope to be up there with them in 2 years - then I get to really see my grands grow up each day... I really can't wait for that...

I am working on a quilt - last night when I hurt so much - I couldn't sit - stand - or lay down - so sat at the edge of my sewing chair and sewed strips that will be cut into pieces for a 9 patch quilt - it is all rainbow colors with black as the background color - I hate working with black but I love the quilts that you make with it as a background fabric... so I did that till I positively could not keep my eyes open and went and laid down - sometime around 4 this morning... I did fall asleep but was awake when DH got up to go to work...tried again to go back to sleep - hahaha...

But I am sending warm quilty hugz to all of my quilty friends here at QCA and a big big smile...

• | Post Points: 50
Page 613 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 611 612 613 614 615 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use