Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up To Today? #5

Page 515 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 513 514 515 516 517 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 9,870 Replies | 67 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 986
Points 24,705
MaryLeeHayden replied on Tue, Jun 19 2012 1:05 PM | Locked

I'm looking into options. I looked at one place in the area but we make too much to qualify for the low cost spay. Funny...there's never enough money but we are responsible pet owners. All 3 of our fur babies are due to go to the vet next week for yearly check up and shots. One more is so not in the budget but we will figure it out. What choice do we have? Like I said, she had me at "meow".

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Tue, Jun 19 2012 2:23 PM | Locked

Ditto.  My last one had me at "Hiss, smack"

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,760
Sukochi replied on Tue, Jun 19 2012 2:33 PM | Locked

Marge, Didn't spend much today. But, wasn't looking for much AND there were a million (well, maybe not THAT many) ladies there. A quilt appraiser was in there today. I saw two ladies carrying in what looked like a totaly of about 20 quilts. Pam said they had already done 25 when I got there. And, there was a bus touring Georgia quilt shops, so that place was humming. I got the two yards I had come for and got out of there. I usually go in, sit on the floor in front of the Civil War fabrics, and just play. Not today.

On my way to town. I was driving merrily along and came around a curve. Alas! In front of me was a tree laying in the road. There was just enough room for me to squeeze by the tree top. There was a man in a pickup, on the other side, headed in the direciton I was, but the tree limbs were resting in his truck bed. He was so lucky.

Well, might take a little snooze then get some other stuff down before time to make dinner.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,132
Points 28,645
Wendy replied on Tue, Jun 19 2012 2:51 PM | Locked

just wanted to give each and everyone of you this yellow rose of friendship out of my garden.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985
MaxNTopeka replied on Tue, Jun 19 2012 3:21 PM | Locked

Hot, dry, humid, and windy. Uck!  No significant rainfall in ages, ground has cracks so wide the lawnmower wheels keep getting hung up in them. Wind is blowing at 20 mph, gusting (frequently) to 40 mph. But so far today it's only a balmy 92 degrees.  I've filled all the birdbaths with fresh water, filled the grape jelly dish for the orioles (who share with a squirrel and catbirds), and tossed a handful of chopped peanuts and sunflower seeds on the wall. And sat down to eat and watch the birds.  I started to run a blackbird off the wall, cause they gobble up all the nuts before the other birds can get to them. But something didn't look right about him, so I stopped and watched him for a minute.  He wasn't a blackbird at all...he was a robin!! A robin eating peanut chips!  Is the ground so hard and dry the robins can't even find bugs and worms to eat?? They are being reduced to eating peanuts? 

I took pity on him, and tossed a few roasted mealworms out with the peanut chips. He came right back to the wall, and went right back to eating peanut chips.  I've been feeding birds for way over 60 years in about 30 different states...but I've never seen a robin eat peanut chips.  Anyone else?

FInished sewing one more block on the Harry Potter POD last night.  Getting closer, oh so close! to having them all done on this mess project!  Afraid I won't get much done this evening as DH has aunt/cousins/whatever coming in from out of town. They are gathering at his sister's house for dinner. DH's ankle still looks awful, still swollen, and painful, but he is planning on going to see them. Guess who gets to drive him there? He can manage to drive to work each day, walk on it all day, but the second he gets inside the door it becomes nearly impossible for him to stand on it??? Hummm...me thinks he thinks he has me fooled!   Oh, well! I tell myself he would do the toting 'n carrying for me if I was lame.

Ya'll have a wonderful day, hope those who are weary gets lots of rest, and those that are troubled find peace.

Max

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985
MaxNTopeka replied on Tue, Jun 19 2012 3:22 PM | Locked

Thank you, Wendy!

Here's a sunflower from Kansas!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,589
Points 24,045
Susie replied on Tue, Jun 19 2012 3:48 PM | Locked

Max-How funny about the robin eating the peanut chips.  We try NOT to feed the birds.  All we get are the little tiny sparrow things.  They hop around on our little patio and drive the cat totally nuts.  I caught him climbing the screen door trying to get to one of them.  So, nope..no feeding the birds. 

We do, however, toss out our leftover popcorn, bread, etc. for the geese down by the pond.  I will let the girls give some of it to the squirrels.  They think it's fun to sit inside and watch the squirrels chase each other over a couple crusts of bread (noone in my house will eat the crusts.)

I love the Harry Potter quilt that y'all are working on.  I think it would be so much fun to do.  But the thought of it terrifies me!  I"m just barely learning applique.  I can't imagine trying to learn the paper piecing at the same time.

Chicagoland, Illinois

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 41
Points 1,835
BarbaraJ replied on Tue, Jun 19 2012 4:32 PM | Locked

Went to Goodwill today and bought some plaid  all cotton men's shirts to cut up and use in a quilt.  I was surprised how many all cotton shirts there were, I thought most of the shirts would be cotton/poly blends.  Anyone else do this?  Do you prefer any particular brands? 

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Tue, Jun 19 2012 4:37 PM | Locked

You all may love this.  Even though this is the desert vve still get lots of birds and they don't seem to mind our 110 degrees plus (yuk), but the City of Scottsdale has novv placed a ban and $750.00 fine for feeding birds and ducks at all the city parks.  Seems people have been toting boxes of old bread, etc. and tossing it into the lakes (for the ducks and geese) and garbage bags of stale bread products on the ground to vvatch the hundreds of birds clammer for it.   The parks novv have a cleanup problem from all the bacteria in the lakes and on the ground from the bird "debris".  Too much people food gives those poor birds indigestion problems as evidenced by the tops of the picnic tables and sidevvalks. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,763
Points 180,463
Marie replied on Tue, Jun 19 2012 5:25 PM | Locked

CC, you are anything but useless, think about it and all you do.  You, like Thea, need a good night or two or three of sleep.  If you pump Sprouts milk will hubby or DD get up once in awhile to feed him?  What you need is a good MIL like me to help!   I said , "like me" so don't freak out.  : )

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,763
Points 180,463
Marie replied on Tue, Jun 19 2012 5:27 PM | Locked

Linda, such good news about your vocal cords, I'm doing the Happy Dance for you.  God Bless!

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,763
Points 180,463
Marie replied on Tue, Jun 19 2012 5:31 PM | Locked

Wendy, your yellow rose is so beautiful, thank you for sharing it with us.  Here is one of my beauties to share.

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,942
Points 69,780
Bonita replied on Tue, Jun 19 2012 6:14 PM | Locked

Wendy, thanks for the rose it's beautiful.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,942
Points 69,780
Bonita replied on Tue, Jun 19 2012 6:20 PM | Locked

Love the sunflower Max. Marie that's so pretty. What is it?

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,402
Points 119,641
Patti replied on Tue, Jun 19 2012 7:30 PM | Locked

looks like a peony

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Page 515 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 513 514 515 516 517 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use