Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up To Today? #5

Page 507 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 505 506 507 508 509 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 9,870 Replies | 67 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 11
Points 85
Cookiequilts replied on Fri, Jun 15 2012 11:58 AM | Locked

I stay at a campground near my home most of the summer in an Airstream trailer. Love it, can go home any time I like (15 min) and still be at my summer getaway. I get a lot of quilting done here, no interuptions and not a lot of houswork. My husband pops in and out during the day and comes for dinner in the evening.

So....back to the original question, I made some spaghetti meat sauce for dinner, still have another lb left and a dirty pan so I am going to make some taco meat to freeze. Then it will be quilt,,quilt, quilt! I am presently working on a "Talking" quilt (also with photos) for my DGD for graduation and I just started the Grandmother's Garden quilt by Elenore Burns. So I will be working on both today and of course spaghetti for dinner.

Happy Quilting

Cookiequilts,

Midwestern Michigan

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,359
Points 242,262
Thea replied on Fri, Jun 15 2012 1:13 PM | Locked

I couldn't go to sleep last night - a major thunderstorm came through - had no idea we were going to have one - should have been listening to my body as it was hating me this week and that is usually a good sign that a major storm is on its way.  

I kept hearing banging on our roof and the power went off momentarily but came back on.  The lightning and thunder went on for at least 4 hours... to get out of the painful body I was in I went over to my sewing machine and started working on the flying geese blocks for this wall hanging... It did help to make me forget what was going on within and without... Finally, at 5 am I went to bed - exhausted but able to sleep - I woke about 8 am and had to take my pain pills to get out of bed.  I sat in my chair with heat on until about 11 am... then I went to the front porch to empty the dehumidifier on my plants out there...

It looked like a war zone - one of my hanging baskets had torn from the over hang and was in the garden - tree branches - big ones were all over the front yard and by my car.  I went out and started pulling them into a pile - it is about 6' high now... DH will have to figure out what to do... After I got done out front I went out the back door as that is where I heard all the banging on the roof - again big branches from the Maple are down in the side yard - these are bigger then I can move so DH will have to do this work and go up on the roof and drag the ones up there down.

This was a horrendous storm - scary - but so glad this house is so solid that I didn't feel anything within.  I am tired today and staying in my chair - I will go visit Mom about 6 this evening - not taking her DD tonight - will take Cocoa again tomorrow - tonight will spend some time up in her room and see what she wants to do - how things are really going now that she has done one full week of rehab.  they plan on just 2 more days next week - Monday and Tues as they do not do anything on the weekends.  I am hopeful that she will get better - if not I will have to find out what the cost for help within the house will be as I do know that I am not capable of doing this... not with this body hating me so much...

I am hopeful though!  And glad the storm is over - the pain from the hip is receding and the leg didn't give me any problems today... More sewing tonight - get the rest of that wall hanging put together this weekend... those are the goals...

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Fri, Jun 15 2012 3:33 PM | Locked

What a fun birthday. Got up and headed to this awesome antique/consignment shop in Woodstock about an hour away. Such a neat place. In the old Hobby Lobby building. Each dealer had made a "store front" for their booth. It is so imaginative. Had the cutest stuff. My sister bought a little table for outside their motor home. I bought a few small items. Just had so much fun. Then to Taco Mac for lunch and head north. Stopped at the Family Christian Bookstore for my birthday gift to ME. A large print Life Application Study Bible. Then we went to Books A Million and then on north to home. Had some Mailbox Surprises and BOM blocks waiting in the mailbox. Chinese for supper then early to bed. I am one tired 62 year old lady.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Fri, Jun 15 2012 4:05 PM | Locked

Kinda lazy day.  Had to take Dave for his test at the hospital by 8 this morning.  I had a heck of a time staying asleep last night.  I slept in the extra bedroom because Dave would be getting up a lot thanks to the prep work.  Molly slept with me and kept giving me dirty looks when I was tossing and turning but she never did jump off the bed.  Stubborn cat! 

I have been fiddling with all the bags of scraps that Sherrie had for me since we got back home.  I'm tired so I don't want to try anything that takes too much concentration.  And yet I still can't fall asleep - tried to when Dave kicked back in the recliner for a snooze. 

Yesterday Joni and I went to the "flood sale" at A Scarlet Thread.  The classrooms was packed with tables full of bolts of fabric (and people!!)  All the fabric was $4.99 a yard.  If you bought the end of a bolt, you got 10% more off.  If you paid with "real" money, you got another 10% off. I ended 3 bolts, bought 3 yards of seven more fabrics plus one "froggy" panel.  I spent $130.00!  (Like I really needed any more fabric)  I think Joni said she spent around $120.  The sale runs through Sat. but I wonder how much was left after yesterday the way the fabric was flying off those tables.  I didn't even look at the books and patterns that were marked down or the Florian stabilizers.

I also sent Joni home with a chunk of upholstery fabric that she thinks she can use to redo an ottoman.  I was debating whether to cut it up to stuff pillows but really didn't want to because it was a nice piece.  It wouldn't have been good to make the outer pillow from as I think the pets could get their toe nails caught in the texture.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,359
Points 242,262
Thea replied on Fri, Jun 15 2012 4:20 PM | Locked

Marge - great buys - I try to keep myself away from those sales anymore cuz everything just looks so dang good to me.  You did awesome though and can't wait to see pictures of your haul - you are going to share with me aren't you !!! Need some eye candy to look at...

I sewed my 80 flying geese today and will take them to the hospital to trim the bunny ears off - plus put together the squares for the half square triangles and will take them with me to draw the lines on the diagonal - then come home and sew them tonight - I think I will make my goal of having the top for the Peacock wall hanging done by the end of the weekend - then get it quilted by next weekend - kicking butt and taking names I am... although at the moment am running a fever - feel lousy and don't want to go anywhere... will get myself together shortly though and visit with Mom - thinking DH needs to make dinner for me tonight or stop by KFC and get me some chicken... hungry - not really but saw the ad for KFC and am drooling for something simple...lol

DH should be coming in the door so better get my bag packed so I can leave out - leave him to clean up the rest of the mess from the storm and to talk to our neighbor across the street and see if we can put our limbs with his - he works for the city so they pick up stuff for free for him - it would help out - he usually offers to do this so we shall see if he is being generous with the city's money again... if not, I'll talk to my other neighbor and we will go in halfsy's to call them out to pick it up.  Used to do this (the city ) all the time after storms but now they charge us an arm and a leg and don't do clean-ups at all anymore... aggravating - where is my tax money going... in someone's pocket I think.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Fri, Jun 15 2012 5:08 PM | Locked

It's been a rather unproductive day today. Sprout was up a 3:30 to be fed and changed. Instead of going back to sleep, he decided we should stay up and watch the sunrise. No fussing...unless I tried to put him down.  he wiggled and grinned until 6:45, when we finally got back to bed... Just in time for DH and DD to get up and get ready for work!! I finally got back to bed at 8:30 and caught a few Zz's but was up again at 10...in time for the lady DD babysits for to arrive. I'd just poured myself my first cup of coffee,  stepped on a lego, stumbled, and nearlly put myself through the wall,  when she knocked.  I greeted her wearing a frown,  the coffee and my bathrobe with my hair sticking out every which away. She actually dared to comment that it was sure late to just be getting up.  *Grrrumph.*

My brother is already harvesting his pie cherries. Ours have only just finished blooming here! He sent me 4 gallon bags of them this week, so I am now up to my ears in fruit to pit and preserve.  Naturally, my cherry pitter vanished when we moved, so I had to run to town to buy a new one. While we were there, we got flagged down by one of the school mom's. Her daughter won a new bike in a reading contest, and she didn't want or need it. She's been trying to reach us to see if DH1 would like to have it. We had a deture to pick it up. He's on cloud 9!

On the way home we had to stop at the shop and show off the snazzy new wheels to the bossguys, of course. A new shipment of toys came in while we were there and the boys got to be testers. Such fun!!   DS1 says it's his luckiest day ever!!

Bossman1 was up to his A$$ in Alligators when we arrived, but dropped everything to cuddle with the baby. I wish I'd had a camera. Bossman leaned over, with his sparce hair glistening on his big round head, next to Sprout , who was in a very simular pose, with the sun glinting off the few hairs on his big round head...  Just too glowing craniums enjoying each others company! LOL  I think I could have left them there for hours and they both would have been quite content.  Of Course, My little darling did all of his sleeping on that comfy shoulder, so now he's ready for play-time again, and all I want is Slee-e-e-ep.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Fri, Jun 15 2012 5:21 PM | Locked

chocake2:
Naturally, my cherry pitter vanished when we moved, so I had to run to town to buy a new one
Dating myself here - but do you remember the little thingies on garter belts and girdles that held up your nylon stockings??  My Mom used to save the metal part and we used them to pit our cherries with!

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Jun 15 2012 7:26 PM | Locked

Thea I saw on the Weather channel about the storms you guys were having ,and thought of you ,hope it didn't do to much damage to all your awesome trees. We need rain bad ,I thought we were going to get some of this storm as it was clear across the plains but when it got to us it fizzled out ,We need a good couple of days of nice even rain badly. Glad to hear you are working on your quilts, can't wait to see them , I have been busy busy here, got four quilts quilted this week and  trying to get my blocks finished for  retreat,  tomorrw going to a guild sew- in for a few  hours and then again on Monday . then I got to start getting stuff ready for  retreat, going to Branson Thrusday and spend the night at Gini's  DH, Sam's hotel and gini and I are leaving Early Friday and heading to Diana's in Tenn, gonna meet up with Nana at Diana's and we are going to the Cumberlin Gap on Sat, I can't wait, I hear it is beautiful . Should be tons of fun.  You take care and tell MOm hello for me . barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,737
Points 66,695
Bonita replied on Fri, Jun 15 2012 8:30 PM | Locked

Thea, sorry about the extra work the storm caused you. Not like you don't have enough to deal with. We had a big thunder storm here this afternoon heavy rains and marble size hail. This is the first time my 4 year old DGD has seen hail she was so excited to see ice fall from the sky. Afterward she wanted to know were it went.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,550
Points 46,960
Debbie-do replied on Fri, Jun 15 2012 10:00 PM | Locked

Days don't get much better than today!  Up at 6:15 to go shop hopping with my friend  through Hill Country ... put 250 miles on the car, visited 4 shops, attended 4 demos, bought tools from 2 of them, got twice the freebies because my friend doesn't sew and she gave me hers!  They were all batiks.   I was on sensory overload after shopping at Creations in Kerrville which was our second stop!  We picked out fabrics for her sister-in-law to make a quilt for her with and I found some fabric that insisted it come home with me!  We had a blast.  We got back to San Antonio just about 5:00 where I met up with another friend and her daughter for dinner to celebrate my birthday (yesterday)... guess what she gave me!?  FABRIC!!!    I stopped by the post office on my way home and there were two (fabric) gifts from my Mailbox surprises group and when I checked my email... I discovered I won a $10 gift certificate from Fab Shop Hop!! WoW!!!  Not only that, my 3 day weekend turned into a 4 day weekend when the person filling in for me at work told me she could work for me Monday too! 

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Jun 15 2012 10:06 PM | Locked

Debbie sounds like you had a great day to me, WTG on all the fabric and goodies. I love shop hops ,wish I was rich ..LOL  barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,405
Points 415,659
gini replied on Fri, Jun 15 2012 10:16 PM | Locked

Grundy was an interesting place, the country is beautiful.   We drove through the Kentucky appalachians, around horse country up by Lexington.   On our way to whiskey sampling, Sam was called to listen in on two conference calls, so we found a county park, and parked ourselves for a couple of hours I. The 94 degree heat, yuck.  We missed office hours at the distilleries. So here we are in elizabethtown, had a relish Indian dinner and are on to,Paducah tomorrow.   Sam thought I needed a quilting break after putting up with his business all week.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,405
Points 415,659
gini replied on Fri, Jun 15 2012 10:19 PM | Locked

Make that delish, the iPad has it's own dictionary and doesn't like mine.

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Jun 15 2012 10:27 PM | Locked

Debbie-do:
I was on sensory overload after shopping at Creations in Kerrville

Oh, I want to go shop hopping with you!  Of course that's the store I went a little crazy in followed by DH getting a little peeved by my excessive economy recovery efforts!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Jun 15 2012 10:29 PM | Locked

gini:
We drove through the Kentucky appalachians, around horse country up by Lexington.

A very pretty part of the country!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Page 507 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 505 506 507 508 509 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use