Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up To Today? #5

Page 506 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 504 505 506 507 508 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 9,870 Replies | 67 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 20
Points 385
Marilyn Webb replied on Thu, Jun 14 2012 7:50 PM | Locked

Today I went to the quilt shop, Hickery Stick that is 4 blocks from my house.  It is always fun to go there, and buy fabric for a project!  It is hard not to want to bring most of the fabric home with me, but today I bought a cartoon pannel that I think I might use some of it in my round robin blocks.  Some "Mark Twain" print fabric, and the red - green fat quarters I had planned on buying.  Oh the temptation, and the feast for my eyes!  The new quilt tops and ideas to see,  Managed to wash and press all the fabric that I think I am going to start cutting tommrow too. 

54490-238-82709ACF8509E3BC1FOCFDB04EA66E

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 20
Points 385
Marilyn Webb replied on Thu, Jun 14 2012 7:58 PM | Locked

Back in the late 1990"s Jean Ray Laurie put out several books that were about quilting that my DH thought were just a hoot, and he read them to me till he got to the part about "once your family gives you space for your quilting"  it was about never ever giving it back, and at that time I had the dinning room table full of fabric, a piece of plywood on a coffee table in the living room with a quilt project going and the kichen table with another on going. plus the ironing board up in the dinning room.  For some reason he quit reading to me when I worked on quilts!  Now we are in a 3 bedroom house that has 2 bedrooms and dinning room with fabric and/or yarn in them.  (This is the man who thought he was going to move my studio in a weekend.  It took him 2 weeks)

54490-238-82709ACF8509E3BC1FOCFDB04EA66E

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,281
Points 413,714
gini replied on Thu, Jun 14 2012 8:39 PM | Locked

I can't/won't think about how long it would take to pack up my sewing room.  Hurts my head.

We didn't have to go to charleston, yippee, less butt time.    We are spending the night in grundy,after our garmin sent us on a side trip that took a very long time on windy roads,    It is so pretty here and the drive was cool even if it was curvy.    Nana we waved to you, we almost were in Roanoke.   I love the names of the roads here,   Bear hollow, chicken neck loop,  too funny.   Sam spent the morning crawling around in old boards,but now we have three days to play in Kentucky.  I might even talk him into Paducah to see the museum.  I think it is on the way.    

So whiskey tours, horse tours here we come.   I am also on the hunt for a new violin,   I hope I spot a luthier along the way. 

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,773
Points 247,869
Barbara replied on Thu, Jun 14 2012 8:43 PM | Locked

Gini ,sound likje so much fun ,wish I was with you I love that part of the country ,I have family in Williamsburg KY, Its alittle farther south but still pretty country . Take care and have fun,I hope you get to go to the museum. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,191
Points 238,932
Thea replied on Thu, Jun 14 2012 8:48 PM | Locked

MM - he is adorable.  It has gotten so much better here for appointments - not sure why... last September I went to that horrific appointment that I never seem able to forget - waited 2 hours to go in and then in there waiting another 30 minutes - to be insulted by the doctor - came close to saying good-bye to this world that day all because of some stupid doctor that has no business being a doctor - had a long talk with the base about him and put in a nice complaint - didn't help me to forget that day though... and I wonder now that they are seeing patients faster if some of those suits that have been brought against doctors are paying off.  I used to just walk out and tell them to reschedule me that my time was valuable... 

I am so so tired today - went and visited Mom this evening and only stayed about 45 minutes - she was tired and wanted to rest - she had a bad night last night - I think she was worried about my doctor's visit today and was glad to hear he didn't think anything I needed to really stress about - painful - no stress - teehee - they just do not fit in my vocabulary next to each other...teehee..

Jay is on day 4 of no beer in house -- still haven't said anything - don't want to break the spell - he went out in the yard and worked this evening... no breaking bubbles...

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,191
Points 238,932
Thea replied on Thu, Jun 14 2012 8:52 PM | Locked

gini:
 I might even talk him into Paducah to see the museum.
Gini - quilt shops galore in Padukah too - so you need to stop there - teehee - Eleanor Burns has a shop now... love to be with you...

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Thu, Jun 14 2012 9:24 PM | Locked

Thea:
ast September I went to that horrific appointment that I never seem able to forget - waited 2 hours to go in and then in there waiting another 30 minutes -

Here is a true waiting for the doctor story with a different twist.  It happened to a friend.  Well, she went in for her yearly exam, late afternoon.  Finally got in, stripped and put on one of those gowns, then the nurse had her on the exam table, scooted down and spread.   Nurse says she will be right back with the doctor.  Friend waits, and waits.  After about 30 minutes she gets up and peaks out the exam room door.  Only person left in the building is the janitor.  THEY FORGOT HER! 

I would find this hard to believe, except  this friend doesn't lie.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Thu, Jun 14 2012 9:27 PM | Locked

Donna B:
We are counting on you coming here on the 25th for our Quilty Day!!!

I am not giving up the 25th. Gotta have some priorities.   So far no word, but maybe next week I will hear something.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,696
Points 436,345
Nana replied on Thu, Jun 14 2012 9:30 PM | Locked

Gini

Wow Grundy....you are getting into coal mine country.  You guys are really seeing some country on this trip.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,105
Points 109,540
chocake2 replied on Thu, Jun 14 2012 9:44 PM | Locked

Marie:
I think I might put down another rule for myself, no friends children or grandchildren.

Does that mean Sprout is off limits??  Poor guy... I know he was looking forward to marie smootchies and hugs.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,191
Points 238,932
Thea replied on Thu, Jun 14 2012 10:37 PM | Locked

CC - I think anyone here who has made that rule will make an exception for Sprout - he is always welcome at my house and he will get big quilty hugz too!!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,843
Points 85,675
Sukochi replied on Thu, Jun 14 2012 10:43 PM | Locked

I worked for a G.P. once. A male patient came in and the nurse put him in a room, told him to strip from the waist down and the doctor would be in in a minute. Just as she started to leave the room, he squeaked "But...but...I'm here to have my ear cleaned". True story.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,843
Points 85,675
Sukochi replied on Thu, Jun 14 2012 11:02 PM | Locked

Has anyone heard of, or bought, a Himalayan Salt Lamp? We are thinking about it. I bought the salt chunks that you put in water and take a teaspoon in the morning, then drink 8-10 glasses of spring water during the day. Supposed to take away pain. Thea, you should try it. I will let you know if it works. The lamps are beautiful. It will help with my asthma, pet dander and dust. Also the drink will help my reflux. Our Pastor has three in his houe...BIG house...and they have now no dust in that house what so ever.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,465
Points 49,915
Ginny replied on Fri, Jun 15 2012 6:20 AM | Locked

I have had one for 4 years.  I think that I have much more dust in my house than I ever did. Don't see any benefits that you talk about from it.  If you take the teaspoon of salt water in the morning,  You are just taking more salt into your diet as far as I can see.  Just IMHO   Ginny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,249
Points 172,978
Marie replied on Fri, Jun 15 2012 11:37 AM | Locked

chocake2:
Does that mean Sprout is off limits?? 

Yup!  But I'll save him lots of maternal smootchies and hugs.  You could give him some virtual ones right now for me.  xxxxxxxxooooooooo

Millbury, MA

Page 506 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 504 505 506 507 508 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use