Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up To Today? #5

Page 473 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 471 472 473 474 475 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 9,870 Replies | 67 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sun, May 27 2012 11:56 AM | Locked

Looks great Barbara! I hope you and Thea giggle the entire weekend away!

This is what I woke up to this AM:

Poor lilacs...

Is it any wonder no one wants to visit me??  

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,725
Points 419,764
gini replied on Sun, May 27 2012 11:59 AM | Locked

Mary:

If Marie and Gini are leading a night of mischief, I'm there!

jiminy crickets,  how are we going to do our mischief incognito now?  mary, how do you think marie and i will look in our new black cat suits?   do you want one too?

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,725
Points 419,764
gini replied on Sun, May 27 2012 12:02 PM | Locked

CC, that's snow.  poor you.   i decided it was spring and i am wearing my spring clothes,  it's a bit brisk with shorts and flip flops but not as brisk as your weather.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 986
Points 24,705
MaryLeeHayden replied on Sun, May 27 2012 12:06 PM | Locked

gini:

jiminy crickets,  how are we going to do our mischief incognito now?  mary, how do you think marie and i will look in our new black cat suits?   do you want one too?

Only if the suit is along the lines of Marie's bikini. Catwoman's suit would not be kind to my figure. In fact, all those little seams would be splitting!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985
MaxNTopeka replied on Sun, May 27 2012 1:11 PM | Locked

CC,

It's the second day in a row for recordbreaking highs, humugity it horrid, and there's a howling wind out of the south.  I'm packing my bag and heading your direction!

Let's see...I turn at the stump where MacDonald wrecked his truck in '49?  Or was it the stump that the Jones boy kept thinking was a bear and shooting it? I get my directions mixed up!

Max

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985
MaxNTopeka replied on Sun, May 27 2012 1:15 PM | Locked

Elaine,

I think my DH suspected you were Jennifer's Mom because she had told him you worked at the store.  He was talking one day at work about taking me to some quilting stores over the weekend.

Max

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,492
Points 39,285
Linda replied on Sun, May 27 2012 1:43 PM | Locked

I've been cutting all week and this afternoon came to an abrupt  halt....I'm out of pins!!  So I guess that means I have to start sewing. Where do I begin?!? Think first I'm going to sew the binding to the back on the quilt that has to go back to church in az for auctioning. So I think a short nap is in order, then onto some hand sewing.

Have a good rest of the weekend.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,824
Points 43,844
Eileen replied on Sun, May 27 2012 2:47 PM | Locked

Barbara & Thea, have fun sewing & chatting! I can just picture the two of you cranking out quilts while listening to tunes & chatting away :-)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,824
Points 43,844
Eileen replied on Sun, May 27 2012 2:51 PM | Locked

Chocake, is it normal to get snow this late?!  I hope the lilacs make it through this.

Your weather is the opposite of Chicago - parts of the Chicago area could reach the upper 90's today - feels like it's right in my back yard! I have laundry on the line & with low humidity, it should dry pretty fast.

DH's niece is coming tomorrow to stay the night so today is house cleaning day. I haven't quilted in so long - have to wait til next weekend for a big chunk of time.  Took the dogs to the park early & now they're lazing about. It may feel like the dog days of summer but to them that means stay inside & sleep!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sun, May 27 2012 3:04 PM | Locked

Darlene:
Mine was yesterday
Oh Darlene --- sorry that my birthday wishes are so tardy!!!!  Glad you had a fun day with fabric!

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sun, May 27 2012 3:12 PM | Locked

Hey Elaine --- how great that you have gotten to meet Max!  She seems like she would be a really fun person to meet and spend some time with! 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sun, May 27 2012 3:31 PM | Locked

Joni:
  FYI The Atlantic is always cold,
When Dave and I went down to Melbourne Beach in July 2003 to spread ashes from his wife Georgia, the Atlantic wasn't all that bad. I actually got out into it without turning blue and Dave swam.  I grew up turning blue in Lake Michigan until you sorta got used to being in that water.  :o)

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sun, May 27 2012 4:01 PM | Locked

HI MOMS - I'm home!  And so glad to be here.  Dave and I hit the road at 7 A.M. yesterday to beat the hoards descending on the Gulf beaches.  I am sure that our nice quiet walks on the uncrowded beaches would be a thing of the past this weekend.  We took US 19 all the way home and it was wonderful.  We would run into a bit of traffic around some of the towns but other than that we pretty much had the road to ourselves.  We got home around 5 P.M.  Doggies and kitties were glad to see us!  Molly and Neko checked out every bag that we brought into the house to make sure we weren't smuggling in any more kitties.  Celeste did a great job in keeping our plants watered but I didn't ask her to water our new grass.  It looked a bit sad so I set up the sprinkler.  Our tomato plants got huge while we were gone.  Celeste and David had spent the day helping her Aunt and Uncle clean out her Grandmother's house so they weren't home when we got here.  I came out of the garage to move the sprinkler right about the time they pulled in.  They were surprised because they weren't expecting us until today.  I don't know which gift David enjoyed more - his redneck yacht club T-shirt or his hunk of fudge!  Celeste loved the goat's milk and olive oil soaps I brought her.  I have to admit - they did smell soooo wonderful. I had a hard time picking them out from all of the choices at the shop.  Jaimie got a T-shirt (from Madeira Beach) and  a small bright pink flamingo (from Silver Springs). 

Our new sidewalk looks so nice.  And no puppy dog footprints!.  They put the leftover cement down by the creek where our bank keeps washing out.  David said the doors and windows for their project are due in this week so Chris and Ed will be back.  Chris left a quote for our shed with David so I will give him the go ahead on that when they get back over here.  It will actually be bigger than the one I showed Chris from the Home Depot brochure but will cost the same.  To make the one in the brochure, Chris would be cutting some wood and wasting it.  I have no problem with bigger for the same price!  He is also going to get siding to match the house so I won't have to paint is (since my shed painter left me for the army :o( ) .

I have to work tomorrow.  The shop will only be open until 4 so that won't be too bad.  I did get to go into the sewing room for a few minutes to say "HI" to all of my fabric and my sewing machines but no actual work will be done in there probably until Tues.  I have to try to finish up stuffing some more of the pet pillows I have because the fund raiser is next Sat.!!!  I will get my work schedule when I go in tomorrow to figure out when I can deliver them to Jeanne. In all of our driving around the St Pete / Clearwater area, I didn't see any quilt shops.  (Not that I really NEED any more fabric)

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 315
Points 7,280
Georgia replied on Sun, May 27 2012 4:25 PM | Locked

Hello Everybody!!!

I've been kinda quiet lately because I've been so busy.  Over the last two months I've moved, started a new job and got a brand new granddaughter.  I haven't had much time to even think about getting online and I haven't even done much sewing.  My DH says the strain is showing.  He helped me get my sewing room situated a bit more today.  We put up lights and rearranged some boxes.  He put my cutting table together again and we have a plan for shelving and a design wall.  I even found my Bali Wedding Star project so now I can actually make some progress on that... The little bit of sewing I have accomplished has been a couple of flannel baby blankets and burp cloths.  I am so ready to get back in the groove.  My longarm is still in pieces but that will be our project for next weekend.  Well, just wanted to check in and see what everyone is up.  You WILL see more of me again!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sun, May 27 2012 4:32 PM | Locked

Good to see you again Georgia.  Good luck getting your sewing room all organized again.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Page 473 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 471 472 473 474 475 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use