Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up To Today? #5

Page 470 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 468 469 470 471 472 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 9,870 Replies | 67 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,368
Points 19,465
safrmaz replied on Fri, May 25 2012 8:04 AM | Locked

Nana:

Thanks to everyone for all the birthday wishes.  They are much appreciated.

I missed this yesterday.  Happy Birthday, Nana!!  Hope you had a wonderful day.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Fri, May 25 2012 10:29 AM | Locked

Grrmmble-grumble, growl Grrowl....

I got the kids off to school this AM and decided that since Sprout was asleep, I would take advantage of the quiet and catch a few Zz's myself. Hrmph. What was I thinkin'?  The phone rang as soon as I drifted off. Shoulda seen it coming...  The up-stairs teacher called last night while I was occupied with the little guy, so my DD answered. She politely explained that I couldn't come to the phone and offered to take a message. It consisted of "call me back."  Well, I forgot all about it until about 10PM. Bad me. I sorta figured she wouldn't much appreciate a call at that hour so I let it slide. Bad bad me. This mornings call was to tell me that the boys had been safely dropped off at their transfer point, but that the bus that takes them from ther to the school isn't running today  because of the last day of school)... which is what she called about last night (Now wouldn't you think she could have told DD that!?? Or better yet,informed us of this last week??). She said I needed to drive 8 miles to  pick them up to take them the last 3 blocks to school. Before I could reply that they had my permission to walk, I heard a commotion in the back ground. One of thier classmates Moms had picked them up and transported them when she had to get her own boys there.  End of crisis.

....I need caffeine. Anyone else feel like joining me for chocolate cake and coffee for breakfast?

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,550
Points 46,960
Debbie-do replied on Fri, May 25 2012 10:37 AM | Locked

chocake2:

Grrmmble-grumble, growl Grrowl....

the bus that takes them from ther to the school isn't running today  because of the last day of school)... 

....I need caffeine. Anyone else feel like joining me for chocolate cake and coffee for breakfast?

Oh My... Seems to me a SCHOOL bus would run on the last day of SCHOOL or am I missing something.  Sounds like that woman has it out for you.  I have a perfect chocolate mint coffee to go with that cake!

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Fri, May 25 2012 10:56 AM | Locked

It's not just me, Debbie.  i know that not all of the kids who ride the "hop"  got notified.  I got the impression that several parents were only called about the lack of transportation this AM, because the mom who got mine sounded almost as grumpy as I did!  But since it only runs a little less then 3 blocks to the school, it shouldn't have been an issue. The kids can walk that far without trouble, and they're in plain veiw of the school the entire way! Shucks, a teacher could have gone over and walked with them if it was that big of a deal. Now if the main bus hadn't been running, I could understand the upset. But this?? It's peanuts!

Choc mint coffee sound perfect. Bring it on over! We'll cuss school systems/  poor communication and plan new sewing projects!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,398
Points 175,538
Marie replied on Fri, May 25 2012 11:20 AM | Locked

chocake2:
We'll cuss school systems/  poor communication

That's what I was thinking CC.  Could I take a rain check on that invite?

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590
MaryLeeHayden replied on Fri, May 25 2012 11:38 AM | Locked

I'm having a great time at Chez Diana. She and her DH are wonderful hosts. I highly recommend this establishment. The price can't be beat and the accommodations are 5 stars.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,532
Points 51,090
Ginny replied on Fri, May 25 2012 11:48 AM | Locked

Mary, have a wonderful time at Chez Diane's.  It sounds awesome.  My friend and I are leaving this afternoon to head or the north part of Michigan - Mackinaw City. We are taking the Harley and going on an adventure to the UP and Lake Superior, probably Copper Harbor, and Taquamenon Falls.  We will be back late Monday.  Only problem?  No quilt shops--Darn    Ginny

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Fri, May 25 2012 1:09 PM | Locked

Marie:

chocake2:
We'll cuss school systems/  poor communication

That's what I was thinking CC.  Could I take a rain check on that invite?

Of course. You're welcome anytime... And if you call ahead, I might even leave you a piece of cake! :)

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Fri, May 25 2012 3:48 PM | Locked

Happy Belated Birthday wishes to Darlene and Nana.  Maybe I better wish Susie an early Happy Birthday!  At least one will be timely. LOL

Hope you had a relaxing day where you did what you wanted to do!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,407
Points 415,669
gini replied on Fri, May 25 2012 4:04 PM | Locked

happy belated birthday darlene

gini in north idaho

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 403
Points 4,864
Marge Campbell replied on Fri, May 25 2012 4:08 PM | Locked

Today, I am trying to press and trim, and trim and press a customer quilt seams.  Trying to make sure my machine will go over them when I start quilting it.  Looks like I will use a panto instead of the Qbot...that way I can pencil in and go around seams as needed.  Such fun!  It's the customer's first quilt, and she knows it's not perfect..but I know I can make it look great!

Margie Campbell
margecam52@valornet.com
TinLizzie18 LS
Littlefield, TX

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Fri, May 25 2012 4:29 PM | Locked

Happy Birthday Susie.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Fri, May 25 2012 7:04 PM | Locked

Marge Campbell:
It's the customer's first quilt, and she knows it's not perfect..but I know I can make it look great!

I wish I had your confidence in my quilting ability.  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140
Elaine Phillips replied on Fri, May 25 2012 9:37 PM | Locked

Well, I worked today at the LQS, and some lady came in looking for jelly bean fabric. She went to the back room to check out the sale rack (we have no jelly bean fabric). I went back to make sure she was doing OK, and she said, are you Elaine? And I answered Yes, and she said, I'm Maxine.!!! I finally met Maxine. I was so glad to meet her that I gave her a great big hug. I had almost given up seeing her in the shop on Fridays. Max, I love you!!!!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, May 25 2012 9:51 PM | Locked

Elaine Phillips:
I finally met Maxine. I was so glad to meet her that I gave her a great big hug.

What?  No pictures???  You know the rest of the club loves to see pictures of QCA meet-ups!  So you and Max live near each other?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Page 470 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 468 469 470 471 472 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use