Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up To Today? #5

Page 444 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 442 443 444 445 446 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 9,870 Replies | 67 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,760
Sukochi replied on Tue, May 15 2012 6:36 PM | Locked

Ms MoomMist:
I use a motorized cart at Wal-Mart

My DLMIL tried using those motorized carts. But she only weighted 98 pounds soaking wet and they need more weight then that to make then work.  My DSIL's Mom used one and ran right into a tall stack of canned green beans. And the tower tumbled!!!   Ladies in Ellijay that are so large they can not longer walk are the ones who use them at our Walmart. So, the elderly have to hobble along on their own.  There should be a law.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,662
Points 49,385
Debbie-do replied on Tue, May 15 2012 6:41 PM | Locked

Let me ask you grandmas and newmas out there a question... I just talked to one of my girls, asking how her sister and baby are doing (ended up having a c section).  She said the baby was screaming until the nurses gave him some formula.  Seems he emerged starving... after which he calmed right down.  Momma's planning to nurse him.  My gut reaction is, What were they thinking!?  How could they give him formula when they know it's her intention to nurse!?  It just seems wrong to me on several levels.  Am I misguided in my thinking??

Southwest of San Antonio

• | Post Points: 65
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Tue, May 15 2012 6:46 PM | Locked

Growing up in Mary;land we had 3 crabapples. in fall my mom or grandmom made crabapple jelly. mostly my mom would use if it her 4 layer rainbow cake between one layer. i can just about taste that cake now!!

Nan

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Tue, May 15 2012 6:47 PM | Locked

Marsha, I did a fast image search and came up with tons of hits for family tree quilts. These are a few that caught my eye: http://www.victorianaquiltdesigns.com/VictorianaQuilters/PatternPage/MyFamilyTree/Members/MembersQuilts.htm

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,408
Points 29,750
Marsha-SM replied on Tue, May 15 2012 7:09 PM | Locked

chocake2:
Marsha, had you thought of laying out the family pictures in a family tree type of arrangment? It might help her to keep a handle on who's who is who. If your machine is capible you can even embroider the names under the picts.   I'd love to see your DD's art quilts. Tjey sound beautiful the way you have described them.

I vaguely had an idea of grouping the pictures.  This is a perfect idea.  Thanks a lot.  I don't have embroidery capability on my machine.  The pricetag for the attachment was way to high for me at the time (and now!).

If it works, here is a link to my daughter's website.  She has other links to her blog, etc on there.  She hasn't kept her blog up lately, but if you go back far enough, there is a beautiful picture of a sunflower she has printed and embellished.  Most is on her winter's studio cleaning and rearranging - It is nearly as small as mine! 

http://www.andrusgardensquilts.com/ 

Most of her communications are on Facebook now.

Marsha - Western New York

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,408
Points 29,750
Marsha-SM replied on Tue, May 15 2012 7:15 PM | Locked

Debbie-do:
How could they give him formula when they know it's her intention to nurse!?  It just seems wrong to me on several levels.  Am I misguided in my thinking??

Sometimes they give the baby formula when the mother's milk hasn't come in yet.  They start nursing with more success the first time if they are'nt starving.  In our day they gave them SUGAR WATER!  To me that was worse than formula.  With me, I wanted that baby to nurse as soon as it was born because I could have nursed many babies I had so much milk. 

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,408
Points 29,750
Marsha-SM replied on Tue, May 15 2012 7:21 PM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

Ms MoomMist:
I use a motorized cart at Wal-Mart

My DLMIL tried using those motorized carts. But she only weighted 98 pounds soaking wet and they need more weight then that to make then work.  My DSIL's Mom used one and ran right into a tall stack of canned green beans. And the tower tumbled!!!   Ladies in Ellijay that are so large they can not longer walk are the ones who use them at our Walmart. So, the elderly have to hobble along on their own.  There should be a law.

The "large ladies" - that is a nice way to put it - also bug me.  There have been days when I should be using a motorized cart, but I leave them for those more disabled and lean on a regular cart.  Then I see them used by those who "disable themselves".   Some of us can't prevent our conditions, but some of them could have or CAN!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,870
Points 181,808
Marie replied on Tue, May 15 2012 7:28 PM | Locked

Debbie, Richard James is soooo precious!

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,760
Sukochi replied on Tue, May 15 2012 7:40 PM | Locked

How does one determine that a baby, just having beeen born, is so hungry?  I never heard of this before. I thought they were screaming because of their rude introduction to the new world.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,408
Points 29,750
Marsha-SM replied on Tue, May 15 2012 7:44 PM | Locked

Patti:
I have never seen nor heard so many hummingbirds at once.[

Finally got this to work.  My computer seems to HIDE things like pop-ups from QuickTime BEHIND the page I am reading.  That is just what happened this time.  I moved the window over to the side finally to see if that is what happened, and found a pop-up asking me if I want update!  I already had updated a few days ago!!!!!  As soon as I checked no, the birds started flying - at least I could HEAR them.  Then I had to find your message again.  They look more like a swarm.  I have never heard that much noise from hummingbirds - usually just the hum as they dart for my head!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 594
Points 24,155
Liz S. (AKA QCA Liz) replied on Tue, May 15 2012 8:28 PM | Locked

Mary:

Barbara:

Marie and Liz now don't foget to make your quilting bible ,I know its alot of work but you will love having all the stitches to see when you need them , , so look foward to see your books Barbara

Okay...what's a "quilting bible"???

Mary, I was asking that exact same question. And Barbara, thanks for the photos of yours. I will definitely have to concoct something similar when I get my Janome this weekend! Thanks to all of you for the notes...I don't have kids, so this new machine might be the closest I'll get to having a baby! (With apologies to you CC for the comparison - I bet Sprout is a thousand times more wonderful than any sewing machine!)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,536
Points 48,680
Angele replied on Tue, May 15 2012 9:33 PM | Locked

Karla so sorry to hear that your MIL is so I'll.  I will add her to my prayers.    Big hugs to you and your family.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,536
Points 48,680
Angele replied on Tue, May 15 2012 9:46 PM | Locked

Oh Thea, you always amaze me with your persistence! If you could bottle it, I would buy a truckload for my friend. She has given up on feeling better and did not follow Dr's instructions after back surgery.  You cannot get better if you stay in the same position, thats what we told her over and over. Who knows I pray that she gets herself moving.

As for you Thea, I hope the weather will change so that you can get relief from your pain.  I know that when you will get better, we will see some amazing things coming out of your sewing room.  ((((hugs))))

Angèle  from NWO

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,662
Points 49,385
Debbie-do replied on Tue, May 15 2012 10:25 PM | Locked

Marsha-SM:

Debbie-do:
How could they give him formula when they know it's her intention to nurse!?  It just seems wrong to me on several levels.  Am I misguided in my thinking??

Sometimes they give the baby formula when the mother's milk hasn't come in yet.  They start nursing with more success the first time if they are'nt starving.  In our day they gave them SUGAR WATER!  To me that was worse than formula.  With me, I wanted that baby to nurse as soon as it was born because I could have nursed many babies I had so much milk. 

Marsha, he was less than an hour old when they gave him formula!

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,662
Points 49,385
Debbie-do replied on Tue, May 15 2012 10:26 PM | Locked

Marie:

Debbie, Richard James is soooo precious!

Thanks Marie, I agree!  I can't wait to meet him but I have to get rid of whatever this bug is that's trying to get the best of me! :-(

Southwest of San Antonio

Page 444 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 442 443 444 445 446 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.