Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up To Today? #5

Page 438 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 436 437 438 439 440 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 9,870 Replies | 67 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Mon, May 14 2012 9:19 AM | Locked

Nancy - have a great "mini-retreat".  I hope you get a lot done.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,045
Nana replied on Mon, May 14 2012 9:20 AM | Locked

I think I may need to start building an ark today.  Boy oh is it ever raining here.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,144
Points 14,810
Dawn replied on Mon, May 14 2012 9:22 AM | Locked

Have our middle GD for the week.  She just turned 4.  She has a head full of the most fun curls!  I just hope I can manage them!  It takes a little finese!  I get to start bowling on my Mom's league, not sure I like being a "senior", but on bowling leagues, 50 is considered a senior.  I sure don't FEEL like a senior . . .   :-)  I guess that is good.  Going to leave GD at DD so she can take her nap.  Then after that, we bowl w/another group.  I will probably only bowl one game tonight.  Don't think I can handle 6 games in one day.  Happy Monday everyone!

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Mon, May 14 2012 9:23 AM | Locked

Mary and all the gals going to the Smoky Mountain retreat.  I have posted this over in the retreat group too.  I just talked to the owner of Holloway's Quilt Shop over in Cosby.  Way back last May, I had set up a tentative retreat with her and she didn't take it out of her book when I cancelled it.  Anyhow - long story short....... She would love for your group to come visit her shop.  She will do demos and door prizes.  The phone number is 423-487-3866 and the owner's name is Maria Holloway.  Call her and set up a time for a visit.  She has a nice shop.  I don't think you will be disappointed.  Added bonus - there is a great restaurant just down the road from her shop. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, May 14 2012 9:26 AM | Locked

Thanks Marge ,this sound great. I hope Mary sees this ,I'll send her a message as well . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, May 14 2012 9:28 AM | Locked

Dawn, sound likes a busy day, have fun bowling ,I use to love it , Arthritis won't let me do this any more as well as bad legs..  Have fun. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Mon, May 14 2012 9:29 AM | Locked

DH is off to the pulminologist and then will be doing his thing at the library this afternoon.  I am doing laundry and playing in the sewing room.  Not going to hang out today 'cause there is more rain in the forecast.  At least I don't have to water the new grass or the garden.  We have had some rain every day since early on Friday.  It has cooled off the temps so much that I actually grabbed a long sleeved tee this morning. 

I will be working Weds. and Thurs. this week.  On Friday we will head down to FL. - spend Friday evening with Dave's daughter and family.  Then on Sat, we check into the resort in Indian Shores.  We looked at our info yesterday and it doesn't say anything about wi-fi so I may be SOL next week as far as checking in to see what is going on.  :o(

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, May 14 2012 9:31 AM | Locked

Marge have a wonderful time ,sound like fun. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 594
Points 24,165
Liz S. (AKA QCA Liz) replied on Mon, May 14 2012 9:56 AM | Locked

Hi all...I just had to stop in and share that today I bought myself a new Janome 6600P machine...a huge step up from my basic blue Kenmore! I was test driving machines last week. Over the weekend I went out of town for a graduation but couldn't get the sewing machines out of my mind, so I finally took the plunge. I am very excited to have the room to do some real free motion quilting, plus dozens of other things that my current machine doesn't do.

So it may be a dreary day out today, but I am sunny inside. Looking forward to showing you all the projects I plan to finish this summer!

Have a great week!

• | Post Points: 80
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, May 14 2012 9:59 AM | Locked

Liz ,you will love you 6600,that is the machine I have and she is a great gal. the throat space is great for FMQ,  and all the extra bells and whisltes are awesome. have fun learning your new baby ,,We want pictures when you get a chance ..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Mon, May 14 2012 10:09 AM | Locked

No quilting for me yesterday or today probably as DMIL is in hospital.  Had to call 911 yesterday as it appeared she had a stroke.  She is 90 years old and the doctors told us we should gather up all of the family members.  It was not a good Mother's Day.  In addition to the possible stroke, she has a serious bladder infection and pneumonia and she was already suffering from congestive heart failure.  

Please keep us all in your prayers.

• | Post Points: 170
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 594
Points 24,165
Liz S. (AKA QCA Liz) replied on Mon, May 14 2012 10:23 AM | Locked

Karla, I am so sorry. I will definitely keep you and your whole family in my prayers.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, May 14 2012 10:23 AM | Locked

Karla,you and your family are in my prayers, this will be a tuff time , just know we care . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Mon, May 14 2012 10:57 AM | Locked

Oh, Karla. Praying for God's Will in the life of your MIL.  Praying for rest and support for all the family. Do not tire yourselves. Spell each other or all will be ill. Go for a brief walk, sit in the quiet and have coffee, tea or whatever you wish. Spend time in the hospital chapel. Ask for church wide prayer from your Pastor and hers.  I will put you all on our prayer list.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Mon, May 14 2012 11:02 AM | Locked

Dawn, Bowling sure brings back memories. A group of us bowled for fun our senior year in high school. I was shy as milk toast, and about died, when told by one of the girl's, who got it from one of the shy boys, that I had a "sexy" bowling technique. I still blush today thinking about it. He never got up the courage to ask me out, just always stood behind me when I was bowling. Oh, haven't thought of that in years. Thanks for the memory jog. and, have fun!!

Sukochi

Page 438 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 436 437 438 439 440 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use