What Are You Up To Today? #5

Page 421 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 419 420 421 422 423 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 9,870 Replies | 67 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,188
Points 21,955
Beth Weigt replied on Tue, May 8 2012 11:43 AM | Locked

Barbara - Love all your new treasures!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,483
Points 28,975
Marsha replied on Tue, May 8 2012 11:51 AM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

THANK YOU, JESUS. The car is NOT totalled.  So, now we wait for the repairs to be done and the achy old bodies to heal.  Dh said this a.m. that he doesn't know what is a pain from the accidnet or just a regular pain!! Don'cha love getting old.  ; 0

Good news, Sukochi,  at least you don't have to go through the stress of buying a new car.  Love your DH's comment - the only way we can tell is by the bruises!  I feel like I have tangled with a truck or freight train most days, but do find bruises from whatever I have bumped into without even knowing it!  I don't need a car accident.  Both of you take care don't overdo too soon.  The way both of your health has been going lately, neither of you needed this!

NO!  I DON'T love getting old!  What ever happened to the GOLDEN YEARS?  That gold seems to go to doctors, drug companies and hospitals. 

Please, no more accidents, stress, hives, stress, stress.................

Marsha - Western New York

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 86,340
Sukochi replied on Tue, May 8 2012 12:02 PM | Locked

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,483
Points 28,975
Marsha replied on Tue, May 8 2012 12:03 PM | Locked

Debbie-do:
Wegmans has made it to MA?  It was one of the highlights that year I lived in Rochester, NY.  I fell for the same expensive lunch, but it sure was good!

Debbie, I a REALLY dating myself.  I remember when in the 50s Wegmans only had a few stores and their produce was produced locally.  They didn't have the eat-in or deli areas then.  I lived in Irondequoit, NY for my highschool years and one of their first stores was within walking distance from our house on the "preferred" walk to school.  We took a shortcut through a neighbor's yard to make the walk shorter (of course with her permission).  Memories---She had an apricot tree by her garage.  We used to pick her apricots for her some times as payment for the shortcut.  Of course we were allowed to eat them also --- so juicy and good.........

Marsha - Western New York

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,330
Points 18,765
erindipity replied on Tue, May 8 2012 12:05 PM | Locked

Today I am setting up a sewing room. It's almost done, just have to wait till DH gets home from work to help move the table in there. I'll head to WalMart later and pick up some clear totes so I can "see" what is in them for easy access.

Happy quilting everyone :)

Piece, Love, Quilt

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,881
Points 180,148
Marie replied on Tue, May 8 2012 2:05 PM | Locked

Erin, I'm so excited for you setting up a new space and getting ready to fill it up with all your treasures!

Millbury, MA

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 492
Points 9,255
Darlene replied on Tue, May 8 2012 5:16 PM | Locked

Barbara-looks like you had a great time on your shop-hop.I wish we had those around here.Did you need a pack mule to get all those goodies home.Meeting up with Terri and Nancy was another wonderful perk.They are both wonderful ladies.I'm sure you will be churning out some of your new projects within days

take care

Darlene(2manyhorses) 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Tue, May 8 2012 5:39 PM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
The car is NOT totalled.  So, now we wait for the repairs to be done
Sukochi - sometimes after a car takes a "GOOD hit" and is repaired, it is never the same.  I remember a Buick we had back when I lived in Michigan.  XDH lost control on the ice and slide into a huge tractor parked in a farm driveway.  That car gave us problems after it was repaired until we finally got rid of it.  I hope you have better luck.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Tue, May 8 2012 5:43 PM | Locked

Barbara - you made a great haul.  The layout / article about A Scarlet Thread in Quilt Sampler was really done well.  Karin Smith - the resident decorator in charge - does a great job making the shop look so pretty.  Sherrie Curtis makes most of the quilts that are displayed. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Tue, May 8 2012 5:51 PM | Locked

Hurray!!!!  We are getting some much needed rain.  We got a nice bit last night so that we didn't have to water all the plants and the new grass today.  I opted not to hang clothes out 'cause I figured just about the time I got everything hung out, it would probably rain as there was a 60% chance today.  The dark clouds didn't arrive until it was time to take the dogs for a walk.  I took one look at those big black babies up there and decided to wimp out.  Good thing as it started to pour about 20 minutes later --- when the dogs and I would have been the farthest from the house! 

Chris and Ed have been here all day doing prep work for a sidewalk.  We have had a gravel path with stepping stones since we got the new house put in back in 2005.  Soon we will have a nice concrete walkway from the garage all the way to the front porch.  They are taking the big 4" x 4"s that lined the gravel pathway and using them to build up the little flower garden area we have by the garage.  My hopes are that Chris and Ed will go next door and finish up on Jaimie's bedroom redo before they leave again.  They started it last year when they were here doing our garage and it never got finished.  :o(

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 78
Points 1,100
Cathy J replied on Tue, May 8 2012 6:03 PM | Locked

I had such a great day. I resently started working again and it was a treat to be off.

I weeded and watered my garden this morning. I hope watering will bring the rain but so far that has not worked, lots of clouds but no rain... 

I worked on my Wildflower Rhapsody BOM all afternoon. It amazes me how much I have learned working on this quilt. I love my sewing/craft room. I think I'm finally satisfied with the arrangement.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Tue, May 8 2012 6:20 PM | Locked

Maddie with her first kid sized quilt finished and ready to donate this weekend. My sunroom with peacock blue paint, the new mini livingroom, and the view from my sewing machine window.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Tue, May 8 2012 6:23 PM | Locked

Maddie with her quilt and my view did not show uop so i will try again.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 208
Points 3,505
Pearl replied on Tue, May 8 2012 7:19 PM | Locked

Precious girl!.  Awsome quilt!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,403
Points 119,661
Patti replied on Tue, May 8 2012 7:55 PM | Locked

Started the day cleaning up after last night's guest.  He had a party. 

Started the day cleaning up after last night's guest.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 95
Page 421 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 419 420 421 422 423 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2016 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.