Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up To Today? #5

Page 408 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 406 407 408 409 410 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 9,870 Replies | 67 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, May 4 2012 12:31 AM | Locked

Jenn, thank you for checking up on Spud and sharing the good news!  I guess we'll just have to keep sending those hugs and prayers her way until she feels well enough to get back online.  She sure is missed!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,175
Points 22,425
Beth Weigt replied on Fri, May 4 2012 6:13 AM | Locked

Jenn - Thank you for contacting Spudgrandma.  I hope your visit comes soon so that you can give her hugs from all of us

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,525
Points 48,505
Angele replied on Fri, May 4 2012 7:14 AM | Locked

Thea you are describing my Mom to a T.  She would bend over backwards to do things for other people, but we almost never hear a compliment, and we OWE heras in we don' do things out of love in her mind, we do it because it is owed to her.  I don't want Mom gushing at every turn, but she could say thank you or that was nice, I appreciate it , to my brothers and sisters that bend over backwards to keep them in their home because we all know how unhappy she would be in a senior's home. I think those simple words would make things much easier even on the rough days.  I pray for you every night that your Mom opens her eyes and heart to see how fortunate she is to have you.  After all you could have washed your hands of the whole situation and let her be placed in a seniors home.  Your heart is big and your soul  too.  As long as you remember that you can let off steam here things will be ok.

((((HUGS))))

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,760
Sukochi replied on Fri, May 4 2012 8:35 AM | Locked

Thank you, Dear Heavenly Father, that our Spud is still kicking and quilting.

Thank you , Jenns,  for letting us know this wonderful news. This just makes my day!!!

The praying won't stop ever!!

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 546
Points 11,066
Happy replied on Fri, May 4 2012 8:48 AM | Locked

Hoping to get the last broader on the quilt I am working on this week end going to a out door quilt show in Richmond Va 

Happy

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Fri, May 4 2012 9:14 AM | Locked

Patti:
She's a good kid.  Just remember that her brain is incomplete.
Are you sure about that? Sometimes I wonder if the brain is there at all!!  6 months ago she was so much more.... together.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,760
Sukochi replied on Fri, May 4 2012 9:23 AM | Locked

Beth, I was called to Jury Duty once. Got a blood clot in my leg while sitting for hours. Got taken off of being called for the rest of my life. Besides the fact, that they didn't want me as my DS was held up at gun point once and they guy threatened to kill him. Thank God, all he did was take the cell phone, $20.00 and Drivers Licence. DS had the locks changed on his apt. doors and is fine now. He went though a terrible depression right after, never ate and ended up  with an eating disorder.  Much counseling later, he is fine again.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,760
Sukochi replied on Fri, May 4 2012 9:25 AM | Locked

Marge, Thought of you when I saw your shops article. Great. I want to drive down and visit the shop....and YOU!

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Fri, May 4 2012 9:26 AM | Locked

It's a bright sunny morning! Looks like it'll be a beautiful day, but the weatherman's issued  a winter storm warning above 5k for tonight, so I could be wrong about that...

Hubby finally fixed the drafty window yesterday. He did such a great job of it that i felt like i was suffocating last night with no draft of fresh air!! He grew up in a nice tight cozy house, so that little puff of wind bothers him. I grew up with snow drifting under rattly windows.  ...He hates to be covered up at night. I burrow under my quilts.  LOL    No wnder we get along so well. Opposites attract! 

I see the hens have escaped the pen again this AM. As often as they do it, I suspect that they must  have help... DS1 is in charge feeding and watering in the AM. He feels sorry for them having to stay in their yard all day. I wouldn't mind so much but the crabby old barred rock insists that my patio is a bathroom! At least the chicks aren't out learning her bad habits.

Bro and SiL will be here sometime this weekend. I need to get after the house work so my grubby floors don't give SiL the heeby-jeebies. What I see as normal traffic dirt, she sees as 'filth".  Visable dust disconcerts her (Just how do you keep a monitor from getting dusty????) ...  She's gonna have a dreadful time when Sprout gets here and we have a diaper pail handy.  LOL

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,997
Points 250,167
Thea replied on Fri, May 4 2012 10:04 AM | Locked

chocake2:
  No wnder we get along so well. Opposites attract! 

CC sounds like my DH and I - we are polar opposites on somethings but alike on others - so it is nice...

We have thousands of miller moths flying around - you really can't move without them in your hair... I just smile and go on but DH is at his wits end - they keep getting in his truck and flying out as he is trying to drive to work...

I sprayed the front yard and garden for mosquitos this morning - have to do the back yard when DH comes home... I need to start working out there.

I took yesterday completely off - spent the day in my bedroom - steam cleaned the floor - re-arranged some of the furniture and then just laid on my bed reading a book... I couldn't face Mom - it was bad the night before if I told her a black pen was black she told me no it was not... so I just gave up and decided to let her be by herself for a day - her TV blared as she turned it up higher and higher to try and get to me but I just laid on my bed and read my book - ear plugs do wonders to drown out the noise...

DH came home and made his dinner... and he watched some TV - he knew I needed the respite - and it did work - today I was able to handle her without my BP climbing - although she was still being nasty - I have thought and thought about this and think that when I finally get that call back from the doctor I am going to ask him if she is maybe a bi-polar or manic depressant... and that maybe a anti-depressant would help her... plus, we have to make sure she is taking her meds each day - so our work is cut out for us but I (with the Lord's help) am up for the challenge.

I have found that I am better with some peace and quiet so it was great yesterday - and I'll get the back yard done so that I can go out there and sit - me the dogs and cats...teehee

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,139
Points 28,750
Wendy replied on Fri, May 4 2012 10:38 AM | Locked

Good morning everyone.

Just wanted to check in. Today is a down day for my family.   Today each family is  relaxing or taking care of things on their  home fronts.  I will write  my little speech today to share with everyone for the memorial that will be held Tuesday evening. Have to go shopping for something to wear. DS3 and I don't have any thing to wear to the memorial.

DB is coping right now.  He is still drinking though and this is a concern. I found two thirty packs and thee twelve packs of beer in the garage all empty cans. This is what he has drank sense she past on Saturday.

Can't decide whether to tell mom yet or not. She is getting tired.  She is 72 and has gone non stop for three weeks.  I worry because she has an auto immune disorder that can sometimes wipe her out.

It is good to sit here in the quiet drinking my tea and reading about all of you.

I am glad that contact has been made with spud. I too think of her daily and wish I was just a little closer her direction.  ((((hugs spud))) 

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Fri, May 4 2012 11:10 AM | Locked

Wendy

I hope you have a nice peaceful day.  Did your DB drink before his wife passed?  If he did it is normal to see more consumption now and hopefully it will level off after all the things involved with a death have ended and life has resumed to a somewhat normal pace.  I will remember you and your family in my prayers.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,997
Points 250,167
Thea replied on Fri, May 4 2012 11:18 AM | Locked

Wendy - thoughts are with you during this time.  I agree with Nana - as the stress of the situation dies down your DB will slow down - for some it is a needed respite - my DH drinks way more when stressful situations happen - he was really bad right after his DM passed... for the moment I would just say some extra prayers for him and be supportive.  We all deal in different ways!

Thinking of you!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 986
Points 24,705
MaryLeeHayden replied on Fri, May 4 2012 11:26 AM | Locked

So many things to do today but I'm going to take a little nap now that DH has left for work. The house and sewing will have to wait a while. I feel better after having spent most of last night in the ER at the hospital, but it wears me out. Need a nap.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Fri, May 4 2012 11:28 AM | Locked

Mary

Have a good nap.  Maybe the rest of your day will look brighter after having a good sleep.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 50
Page 408 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 406 407 408 409 410 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use