Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up To Today? #5

Page 400 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 398 399 400 401 402 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 9,870 Replies | 67 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,544
Points 417,019
gini replied on Tue, May 1 2012 12:00 PM | Locked

Donna, i'm sorry to hear of all your family issues and hope a good outcome will be found for the nieces

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Tue, May 1 2012 12:01 PM | Locked

Thea:

chocake2:
ans said "I TELLED YOU 'NO!!
Oh my - this little girl is very angry - does she accept her little sister now... I sure hope so!

Well, they're both grown now, and out of the house. I can't say that they were ever great friends, but they seemed to tolerate each other, so I guess she adjusted.  They often ganged up on their little brother when they were all growing up, so they at least shared something. LOL   

Thankfully my 3 seem to all be happy about the new baby. Jr is the most nervious about the changes it'll bring, but not in a negative way. It's just that he's never been a big brother before. When we found out the family was expanding we waited a few weeks to tell the kids, and kind of get adjusted to the news ourselves, Then we set up a treasure hunt for the kids that ended at the baby's crib with a note hanging on it that said something like "I have tiny hands to hold you with, ten itty bitty toes to tickle, and a button nose,... but best of all I have a smile made of sunshine just for you."  It took them a minute to get it, but boy when they figured it out, they were excited!!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 986
Points 24,705
MaryLeeHayden replied on Tue, May 1 2012 12:12 PM | Locked

Working in my office/sewing room. I like that I can turn from my computer to my sewing machine to my cutting/pressing table without much rolling on my chair. When one has a tiny room for all their hobbies, one must find things to be grateful for. Doesn't take much to get it disorganized as it's small but that's another great thing...it keeps me from getting too disorganized or cluttered.

I've worked a bit organizing. Now I'm sewing HST from the MQ6, step 2, together. Not sure what I will use it for but hate to see them go to waste. Gonna work on retreat blocks and VB retreat quilt finishing. Practicing my FMQ as I haven't done it in many, many years.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,900
Points 69,300
Bonita replied on Tue, May 1 2012 1:20 PM | Locked

chocake2:
"I TELLED YOU 'NO!!""  

I can relate to that one. My 31/2 year old DGD tells me all the time "I told you no Grandma". Her new word of the week is "NEVER".

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,900
Points 69,300
Bonita replied on Tue, May 1 2012 1:25 PM | Locked

Donna, so sorry to hear about your SIL.Alzheimer's is worse on the family as it progresses, my 2nd to the oldest DS died a few years ago it was hard to see her just drift away from her family.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 374
Points 9,355
Nan replied on Tue, May 1 2012 1:48 PM | Locked

Craftsy says they have approx 60 more boxes for Maddie. So definitely looking for help making quilts. Hope to get fabric that is here organized prior to arrival of next boxes.

woke up feeling yucky, maddie had it yesterday. Quite dizzy, or shall we say dizzier than normal. cap key on computer is sticking and now it says it needs new battery, considering option of new laptop vs fixing this one..

think it best not to sew today.

nan

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 79
Points 3,415
Rachel Young replied on Tue, May 1 2012 1:58 PM | Locked

Nana - the Juliet bag is so cute! You said it was easy. "Easy" for you because you're experienced or "easy" for someone that hasn't been sewing for very long?

I found a pattern I was gonna get (I SOOOO wanna make one of those for myself!):

http://www.quilterswarehouse.com/p-19255-juliet-bag-pattern-me-and-my-sister-designs.aspx

Agnes: your Dresden is stunning. I have a few that I found of my grandmothers and have been toying around with doing something with them but haven't yet. You've given me renewed enthusiasm.

Rachel in East Tennessee

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,709
Points 248,377
Thea replied on Tue, May 1 2012 2:08 PM | Locked

chocake2:
Well, they're both grown now, and out of the house. I can't say that they were ever great friends,
I guess that says it all when she said No - teehee...

I didn't have the chance of having younger brothers and sisters - would have been nice I think to come from a big family - and I only have my son - so loving having lots of grand kids - even if they aren't all my own...teehee...

Working on Echo's dress - oh it is coming along - I am embroidering the feathers around the base of the skirt now - have 2 done and doing the 3rd one - think there will be about 8 when I am done - had to resize the design - love my embird software for that - makes it so easy - all I did was drag the corner in and set it to keep the same density - so so easy...teehee...

Mom is causing fits today - Oh - she asked DH to make her tomato soup the other day - she had asked him for some while I was gone to MN and loved it - so he went to store and bought another can of soup and made it - well she informed him it was the worst soup she had ever had - so he was making macaroni and cheese that night for dinner and made her some and again she told him it was the worst she ever had - so he has requested that he not make her any food for a while which I totally understand - so I told her today that she would have to tell me what she wanted for dinner as I just eat toast before I go out for pool night and if she wanted something she would have to tell me as DH will be making his own dinner and had requested not to make her food - she asked Why and I told her and she informed me that she never said there was anything wrong with the soup or macaroni and cheese - I just said fine but he has requested not to make your food and I have to abide with what he asks - I won't force him to be insulted - so told her that I was in the back room sewing and she would have to come and tell me if she wanted something or she would have to get her own dinner... she stuck her tongue out at me so I left...

Not sure what is going on but am trying hard to deal with it - it is hard though - and my Grace is quickly being tried... I have stolen her magnifying glass so she can't read her books - it was on her table under her papers - found it for her - but I had somehow snuck it back when she was sleeping or something - although she says she doesn't sleep... I hide her dog treats too - I have a drawer of them right in front of her chair - but I hide them... 

Is this a sign of alzheimers or just a woman being a brat!  

I am trying so hard!  I keep hoping that she will settle in - I had told her when she decided to move here with me that I am not strong enough to be a nurse or a care taker and she said she was taking care of herself and still could do it - but oh my DH thinks she wants to totally be catered to - I asked her today if she wanted to move to a facility as there is no where else for her to go - she says NO that she wants to be here... 

It has only been 2 months - so I am praying that by this time next year that all will be fine and this will be behind us...

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,703
Points 179,728
Marie replied on Tue, May 1 2012 3:19 PM | Locked

Diana, cute story!  Not so cute older sister, bratty sister indeed!

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,703
Points 179,728
Marie replied on Tue, May 1 2012 3:22 PM | Locked

chocake2:
"I TELLED YOU 'NO!!""

CC, thanks for the belly laugh, too funny!

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,703
Points 179,728
Marie replied on Tue, May 1 2012 3:25 PM | Locked

Thea, prayers going up for your Mom to see just how lucky she is to have a caring daughter like you and that she will settle in to her new life real soon.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Tue, May 1 2012 3:36 PM | Locked

chocake2:
"I have tiny hands to hold you with, ten itty bitty toes to tickle, and a button nose,... but best of all I have a smile made of sunshine just for you

And, WE are still waiting for the delivery of those hands, toes and nose. Is Sprout making an appearance anytime soon, do you think? How do you feel? Like heading to the hospital, perhaps?

Sukochi

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Tue, May 1 2012 3:55 PM | Locked

Thea, he really needs to not take it personally.  The best and worse part about older people is they don't remember from day to day so they can't really be held responsible.  It's like getting angry at a baby, You may have to get her checked to see if she is getting alzhiemers.  Best of luck to you both.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Tue, May 1 2012 3:57 PM | Locked

Thea, it's a simple matter to ask your mom's physician to do an evaluation. Explain her behavior (the stolen magnifier, dog treats, soup, etc) and tell him that you're worried - and it sounds like you are (with just cause). The test is simple - just answering a few questions, and then the doctor should be able to tell you whether your fears are grounded or not.

I had my hands full with my folks. Mom handled things gracefully - she knew that sometimes things slipped away from her, and accepted it as part of her desease. She didn't pretend that she "had it together" all of the time, but asked for help and did what she could.

Dad on the other hand...Oh boy! THAT was a different story.  In his case, mass consumption of beer with his diabetic medications didn't help matters. He got angry (and  sometimes combative if anyone questioned him). He gave away large amounts of money and then accused me of stealing it (Try explaining that one to the cops...); refused to bathe, ate multiple meals a day because he'd forgotten he just had one ... you name it, he put me threw it! When I finally did get him evaluated he threw a fit in the doc's office and refused to co-operate. The doc agreed that there was no doubt that he was impaired and needed help, but sadly, in MT you can not be forced against your will to accept care, so he was able to refuse it and go on living at home, despite the fact he was a danger to himself and others. (In fact, he tried to have Mom turned over to his care - but thankfully by then I had complete POA on her) In the meantime, the neighbors saw his lack of hygene and growing obesity as my neglect, so they turned  me in for elder abuse! Those are years i'd just as soon forget. Dad finally did end up in long-term care, but It was a long slow road getting him there.  I really wish I'd seen the signs earlier and gotten him help when he was still well enough to accept it.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Tue, May 1 2012 4:00 PM | Locked

Sounds wonderful, you can't do anything about getting him to accept help but it's your fault that he gained weight and didn't shower (among all the other items, I'm sure)  Sounds like a win/win for you. 

Page 400 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 398 399 400 401 402 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use