Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up To Today? #5

Page 376 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 374 375 376 377 378 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 9,870 Replies | 67 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sun, Apr 22 2012 10:24 AM | Locked

Maggie:
I tried to give him his medicine this morning but he greatly resisted
Maggie - isn't it FUN giving a cat medicine???  Neko was bothered with ear mites.  The vet made it look so easy.  "Just put a drop like this in each ear and rub them a bit".  Yeah right.  We managed to hold him down the first morning before he went ballistic.  Now all you have to do is get the little bottle out and he is nowhere to be found.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sun, Apr 22 2012 10:33 AM | Locked

Wendy - I will be praying for all of your family problems, especially your SIL.  any word yet on your DH's work situation? 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sun, Apr 22 2012 10:46 AM | Locked

Today I have to take care of the "explosion" in the sewing room.  Everything just got unloaded and dumped into there.  I managed to get my suitcase unpacked - much to the delight of the cats.  I know what I will be doing tomorrow........ laundry.  DH didn't do any last week so I have everything that was already in the hamper when I left, plus everything he added over the week plus everything I pulled out of the suitcase.  David Jr leaves for the Army sometime tomorrow so I will have that bed to strip and those linens to wash too.  I also need to launder and package all of the pillowcases we made in VB.  Good thing I don't have to work at the shop until Weds. 

Need to find some boxes to do some shipping.  I brought home a lot of Marlene's stuff to lighten her suitcase for the trip home.  It is all stuffed into the tote bag I made for her.  I think that tote bag weighs more than her suitcase did! 

We have grass!!!!!!  DH has been very good about watering while I was gone.  Now I just hope that it continues to thrive.  We shall see if it truely lives up to the "dense shade" promise on the seed bags.  It looks so nice to see that green grass poking through the straw.  Joni and I noticed it as soon as we drove up to the house yesterday evening.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,504
Points 50,725
Ginny replied on Sun, Apr 22 2012 10:48 AM | Locked

Well CC it is right and sunny here in Mich. too, but not very warm.  I want to know what happened to our 80 degree weather we  had in March? It is closing in on noon and only 45 degrees and windy.   Think I'll go play with the tomato plants we have growing in the basement.   Ginny

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 458
Points 9,535
chicagosinger replied on Sun, Apr 22 2012 10:49 AM | Locked
Thanks for your advice, Dawn. Tonight I'll make her own bed. I'll probably put the boys in my room, when she's brought over, so she can check out her new home. While she's investigating, I'll prepare the bathroonm for her, bed, food water and newspapers(for accidents). Then after awhile (hopefully she'll be more relaxed & sleepy, I'll put her in her 'room' and let the boys out. Hopefully after several hours, they'll get used to her scent and I can let her out to meet them. Depending on everyone's reaction and if there's no hissing or spitting, I'll let her stay out the rest of the night, take her for a couple of walks, and put her to bed. Your right about how to deal with the boys, as I don't want them to think I don't love them anymore. If I've got her and one of the cats want attention...well they get first dibs, so to speak. I'm not worried about the big guy (Buddy), he's just a big, loving kitty! It's Bobby, the little one I'm worried about. He's a bit spoiled because he was the runt, so I think he'll be upset! However, they stayed with a foster family that had lots of cats and a dog, so I'm hoping they'll remember. Eewww really? Puppies eat kitty do-do? That means she's not allowed in the back room where the litter boxes are! Your advice was invaluable. You confirmed what I was thinking and my concerns, thank you! You know it took me a good 10 minutes to remember how to spell it, but I THINK it's spelled jealousy. Hey, you were close enough, I knew what you were talking about. That's the important thing, right? Let me know if I spelled it right, will you? Thanks again, Dawn! Have a great day!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,106
Points 109,560
chocake2 replied on Sun, Apr 22 2012 11:42 AM | Locked

Deleted

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 40
imzadijudyrn replied on Sun, Apr 22 2012 11:50 AM | Locked

oh Ginny! Where in Michigan? it's my home state. I go home evey July. It is wet and cold here in the Applachian Mountains today and predicted to colder yet.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,187
Points 15,895
Susan replied on Sun, Apr 22 2012 12:02 PM | Locked

Its wet and cool here in North, Florida, and only suppose to be in 60s tomorrow. Yahhoo! I dont like the heat.       Susan

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,351
Points 46,480
Angele replied on Sun, Apr 22 2012 12:12 PM | Locked

Web d'y, 36 days of school left for me! 

I am so sorry about your SIL health. I do pray that the doctors will be able to reduce her pain and make her as comfortable as possible.  I will definitely keep her in my prayers.  As for your brother I think he has lots of figuring out to do.  I think that seeing how you don't appreciate who he becomes when he is drunk will help him see that booze does not solve his problems or reduce his pain .. He will also be in my prayers as well as the children.  Keep your faith.  Big Hugs going your woy.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,351
Points 46,480
Angele replied on Sun, Apr 22 2012 12:24 PM | Locked

Yesterday, I went to Chisolm and Hibbing fabric shopping and ended up in a surprise snow storm!  There was enough of that stuff to be over my runners.  Of course because they called for 60-70 degrees, we were not dressed for this surprise! Boy were my toes cold!  Thankfully we both found the fabric we were looking for and came home cold but happy!

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,676
Points 65,790
Bonita replied on Sun, Apr 22 2012 12:37 PM | Locked

Susan :

Its wet and cool here in North, Florida, and only suppose to be in 60s tomorrow. Yahhoo! I dont like the heat.       Susan

It's been raining off and on here in So. Fl. for two days now and in the 70's, I'm loving it. The sun and the 90's will be back in a couple of days.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,992
Points 64,380
Robin replied on Sun, Apr 22 2012 12:52 PM | Locked

In this part of North Florida the sun has just come out.  

Today I'm making a big batch of spaghetti sauce for an upcoming party.    I'm also hiding from the papers I need to grade.   Ugh!  I guess I need to get back to it.

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,676
Points 65,790
Bonita replied on Sun, Apr 22 2012 12:54 PM | Locked

My DD gave me this tote bag and I thought you all might get a kick out of it.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,368
Points 19,465
safrmaz replied on Sun, Apr 22 2012 12:55 PM | Locked

Bonita:

My DD gave me this tote bag and I thought you all might get a kick out of it.

Great bag.... I love it!!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,368
Points 19,465
safrmaz replied on Sun, Apr 22 2012 12:58 PM | Locked

imzadijudyrn:

oh Ginny! Where in Michigan? it's my home state. I go home evey July. It is wet and cold here in the Applachian Mountains today and predicted to colder yet.

imzadijudyrn,

Where are you from in MI?  I'm in Muskegon.

Page 376 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 374 375 376 377 378 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use