Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up To Today? #5

Page 375 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 373 374 375 376 377 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 9,870 Replies | 67 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,132
Points 28,645
Wendy replied on Fri, Apr 20 2012 11:07 PM | Locked

There are 24 school days left.!!! for me anyway. the weather  is good.  I got the Rose garden weeded today. The front lawn mowed and fertilized.

Not so good news on my SIL. Her CT shows that the cancer is in here bone Marrow and her lungs. Hospice has been called to assess the situation. Her DR. is scheduled to return from a vacation on Monday. She has not been told about the results of the CT yet.  DR. has to sign off on the Hospice, and put in a chest tube. Hopefully this will all take place on Tuesday.  Continue to keep Brother and his family in your prayers. My brother is an alcaholic who has not drank in years but has started again under the tremendous presure. He is a violent drunk, and we had to give him an ultimatum today to either quit drinking or leave.  Very tough time for our family.

So if you don't hear from me very often know that I am still here and thinking about you all.  

I hope that everyone makes it back safely from VB.

God Bless

Wendy

• | Post Points: 80
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,649
Points 52,690
Ginny replied on Sat, Apr 21 2012 7:01 AM | Locked

Wendy,  I feel for your family who is going through this very difficult time.  I will keep you and your family in my prayers.   Ginny

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,649
Points 52,690
Ginny replied on Sat, Apr 21 2012 7:14 AM | Locked

OH CC,  that is a good one --and so true.  Ginny

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,368
Points 19,455
safrmaz replied on Sat, Apr 21 2012 7:49 AM | Locked

Wendy :

There are 24 school days left.!!! for me anyway. the weather  is good.  I got the Rose garden weeded today. The front lawn mowed and fertilized.

Not so good news on my SIL. Her CT shows that the cancer is in here bone Marrow and her lungs. Hospice has been called to assess the situation. Her DR. is scheduled to return from a vacation on Monday. She has not been told about the results of the CT yet.  DR. has to sign off on the Hospice, and put in a chest tube. Hopefully this will all take place on Tuesday.  Continue to keep Brother and his family in your prayers. My brother is an alcaholic who has not drank in years but has started again under the tremendous presure. He is a violent drunk, and we had to give him an ultimatum today to either quit drinking or leave.  Very tough time for our family.

So if you don't hear from me very often know that I am still here and thinking about you all.  

I hope that everyone makes it back safely from VB.

God Bless

Wendy

Wendy,

I'm so sorry about the difficulties you family is facing and I pray that God gives you all comfort and strength.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,402
Points 119,641
Patti replied on Sat, Apr 21 2012 8:47 AM | Locked

I am praying for your family Wendy. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sat, Apr 21 2012 9:47 AM | Locked

Hugs and Prayers coming your way, Wendy.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 374
Points 9,355
Nan replied on Sat, Apr 21 2012 12:48 PM | Locked

(((Wendy and family)))

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,226
Points 16,495
Susan replied on Sat, Apr 21 2012 12:57 PM | Locked

Wendy, So sorry to hear that SIL is so sick and DB is falling apart. I will keep you all, in my prayers as this is just  a tragic situation, that only HE can handle. Keep the faith and talk to us as much as you can. We are all here for you!!!        Susan

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sat, Apr 21 2012 1:37 PM | Locked

Been a happy productive AM here. I started the day with some light yard work (I expect the daffodils to start blooming by next week!!) and then moved inside and worked on some cleaning chores that have been ignored for too long. My MiL would say I'm brooding, but a quick systems check assures me that no baby is imminent yet. :)

Now, Hubby is getting ready to go to bed for the day, so I need to put the vaccuum away.  I'm hoping to get out the sewing machine and make a Peanut shell sling for the baby today. I found the cutest pattern...!  Of course, as soon as I have my Bernina set up,  DD might suddenly decide she wants to sew today...   Funny how her Singer never gets that same enthusiastic responce. LOL

Have a super Saturday everyone! Enjoy the sunshine.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sat, Apr 21 2012 2:19 PM | Locked

I got momentarily distracted by another project and ended up here: http://www.hp.com/hho/hp_create/themes_otherthemes_quilting.html

They have some interesting projects. Nothing I want to dive into right now, but maybe something useful for somebody else...

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 796
Points 12,830
Quiltless replied on Sat, Apr 21 2012 11:13 PM | Locked

We are still house hunting.  There is a lot of inventory in houses, but some are pretty beat up with foreclosure rage or other complications.  So, the hunt continues.  It has become a full time job and if I don't find something in this area soon, I'm about to expand my hunting to new markets -- considering other areas or even other states.  My hometown turned into Oil Patch, USA just in time for my retirement.  There are "man camps" all over the place and obviously, no retirement housing.  So, I can't go there. Trying to find the right home in a place that is unfamiliar to me has been a challenge.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,633
Points 48,810
Debbie-do replied on Sat, Apr 21 2012 11:29 PM | Locked

Quiltless:

We are still house hunting.  There is a lot of inventory in houses, but some are pretty beat up with foreclosure rage or other complications.  So, the hunt continues.  It has become a full time job and if I don't find something in this area soon, I'm about to expand my hunting to new markets -- considering other areas or even other states.  My hometown turned into Oil Patch, USA just in time for my retirement.  There are "man camps" all over the place and obviously, no retirement housing.  So, I can't go there. Trying to find the right home in a place that is unfamiliar to me has been a challenge.

Your home town wouldn't be in the Eagle Ford Shale region in south TX would it??

Southwest of San Antonio

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 458
Points 9,535
chicagosinger replied on Sun, Apr 22 2012 1:42 AM | Locked
We are adopting a puppy on Monday. She's a chihuahua and 4 mos. old. The thing is, I have 2 very spoiled, just barely boy kitties and I'm not sure how they'll react to her. I know with cats/cats, you have to keep the new kitty separated from the other one(s) for a few days to get them acclimated to each others scent. Does anyone know if we need to do the same thing with this puppy? I would think so, not so much for the puppy, but I'd think we need to respect the boys' kitty senses and the fact that they were here first. What do you all think? I'd really like to hear your opinions/suggestions! Thanx!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 32
Points 420
Dawn Peterson replied on Sun, Apr 22 2012 8:58 AM | Locked

The most important thing is to not leave the kitties out.  It is hard not to want to hold the puppy and play with him and make over him, but give the cats their time.  If they come up, put the puppy down and give them attention.  Then after petting the cat, pick up the puppy.  It is not going to be easy, because puppies are so hard to resist, but if you don't let the puppy know that he is on the bottom of the food and attention chain.  As a survivor of some dog fights over dominance, believe me this is the best way to acclimate everyone.  Don't let the pup eat cat food and don't let him near a litter pan because for some reason puppies love to eat the "cookies" that the cats leave behind.  Hope that everything goes okay.  Jelousy, I can't spell this morning, is a bad thing and you do best by not starting it.  Dawn

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sun, Apr 22 2012 9:45 AM | Locked

A new day has started!! Yipeee!! We have clear bright skies this AM and it looks like they will last a while. Maybe I'll get more work done in the flower beds today.

DD came home from her walk yesterday and reported that she heard a 'warbler' singing down by the stock pens. I figured it was probably a Meadowlark, but this morning I woke up to a pretty warbling tune coming from my back yard, and it was definately not a lark... gonna have to watch and see if I can figure out who it is singing such a pretty song.

I finished the baby's sling yesterday. I am debating using the same print to make a diaper bag, but will have to find a pattern first... The hospital always gives new mom's a "free" diaper bag, stuffed full of 'gettng started escentials,' so I'm not too stressed about taking on that project right away, altho the hospital bag is usually not much to brag about. LOL

DD started making a seminole pieced strip for her newest Kindle cover yesterday (The "old" one is already 'boring'). we're just a bit short of the main fabric for her to do the whole cover, so she's making adaptaions to it so it'll work. I haven't told her that she is actually practicing her problem solving and math skills...  ;)

Have fun with your new baby, Chicago!

Page 375 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 373 374 375 376 377 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use