Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up To Today? #5

Page 370 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 368 369 370 371 372 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 9,870 Replies | 67 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,102
Points 66,955
Robin replied on Sun, Apr 15 2012 7:17 AM | Locked

Wendy,

I'm so sorry to hear about your husband's work situation.  I will certainly add him to my list.   I hope that it doesn't happen and whatever is the problem can be solved without this measure. I know uncertainty is hard I will be praying for your strength.

Robin

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sun, Apr 15 2012 10:39 AM | Locked

I'm sorry to learn of the possible strike, Wendy. I know it's stresful for you. Prayers are going up.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sun, Apr 15 2012 11:03 AM | Locked

Good Morning all!

'Gonna seem quiet around here with so many of the girls off Giggling at the retreat this week...

My goal for today is to get the crib set up, but I think some of the hardware got lost during our move. I sure hope we don't end up having to replace it... :( 

I had set aside a carton of baby clothes "for future Grands" when Jr outgrew them (Who am I kidding, he outgrew half of them before he was ever born, so they still have tags on them!).  I Really wasn't planning on having another one when I put them into storage, but right now I am mighty glad I didn't give them away!  I got them out and washed this week. Little Sprout will have a well stocked wardrobe for the first few months, anyway...  The car seat is installed in the new family transport. Diapers are bought.  I think I have just about everything done except packing for the hospital and making a diaper bag. Why is it the count-down to delivery is always so hard? The kids see all of the stuff coming in and, naturally, it ups their excitement. It's hard to explain that all of this has to be done now, even tho the baby may not arrive for weeks yet. Jr figures that if we have a bed for the baby, he should have a sibling to put into it!

At breakfast this morning, the kids were discussing what kind of fish they's be if they were aquatic creatures. DS1 said that, based on his size, he'd have to be a stergion. DD announced she'd be a dolphin... then Jr chimed in with "Momma's a whale."          .......

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,494
Points 48,185
Angele replied on Sun, Apr 15 2012 11:16 AM | Locked

Oh CC that is soon funny! When I was pregnant with DS2,  my oldest one was trying to push my belly away (2 weeks late) because there was no room for him on my knees...lol. It was hard to explain to a two year old that he had to wait for baby to come out and then my belly would be smaller and he would have room again..reading and trying to sing to my babies, seems so long ago...sighhhhhhh! I forgot that was 30 years ago! Wow time flies. Now just waiting to spoil a grand baby.  LOL

Now CC don't forget to rest whenever you can, even if that means quilting or bead making for you, whatever helps you relax

Angèle  from NWO

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 374
Points 9,355
Nan replied on Sun, Apr 15 2012 3:04 PM | Locked

Pictures of Maddie's 8th Birthday party--Hawaiian style

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sun, Apr 15 2012 3:41 PM | Locked

Happy Birthday Maddie!! You've sure accomplished a lot in just 8 years!  Looks like a great party!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,537
Points 21,100
Margaret Weber replied on Sun, Apr 15 2012 4:33 PM | Locked

Happy Birthday Maddie.

Margaret

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,131
Points 28,610
Wendy replied on Sun, Apr 15 2012 5:57 PM | Locked

happy birthday Maddie!!!!  Hope it was a grand day.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,412
Points 38,005
Linda replied on Sun, Apr 15 2012 6:47 PM | Locked

Happy Birthday, Maddie!

Today I attended my Uncle Frank's 90th birthday party. Five of Uncle Frank's children and their families and their families were there. The other 2 children passed away some years ago. Aunt Edith's (who passed away) family was there too. Uncle Skip and Aunt Betty were there. They are the 2 remaining siblings of Uncle Frank. There were originally 5 of them. Even some of my aunts, uncles, and cousins from mom's side of the family were there because they were all in the Air Force together in the late 40's and early 50's. Uncle Frank retired from the Air Force after almost 30 years as a Lt. Col. He was a pilot and a trainer.  Here's a picture of Uncle Frank last summer with the quilt I made him to honor his many years of service.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 374
Points 9,355
Nan replied on Sun, Apr 15 2012 9:33 PM | Locked

Loved his quilt, Happy Birthday Uncle Frank

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Sun, Apr 15 2012 10:11 PM | Locked

happy birthday Maddie!

today DH and I got an invite from the neighbors to join them around the campfire.  They were burning some brush in their yard.  So pleasant just to sit there and visit, watch the fire, and watch all the deer that came down.  Beautiful view, good friends, good food (any thing tastes good around the fire, out doors.)  You know, I could have been on a fancy cruise, eating fancy food, but it would never have been as relaxing and enjoyable as jeans and a sweatshirt and the good old outdoors.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,373
Points 28,870
Marsha-SM replied on Mon, Apr 16 2012 9:49 AM | Locked

Haven't had time to catch up on here yet today.  We are sure enjoying the beautiful Texas weather and FLOWERS --- EVERYWHERE!  Just took pictures of the unusual yesterday.  My avitar, the Galardia, is the most prolific in this area, but the pictures that follow are rare!  My daughter has never seen a blooming cactus.  I have seen several plants in the past, including this one, but never knew how beautiful they were in bloom.  Maybe the desert dry of last year stimulated the bloom.  Some say plants flower the best when they think they are going to die, so that seeds are produced for the future.

These cactus are only about a foot tall, blooms and all.  With all these buds, they will be blooming for a while yet.  Such beauty in the wild.  These are on an uncleared lot in her neighborhood.  Her nearest neighbor bought this lot on the lake for a community party lot.  The group helped build a big wood dock with benches which are very comfortable.  Watched Rich and son-in-law exercise their fishing lures.  Will post "rub-a-dub----Two men in a tub" next.  Boat isn't big enough for 3!

Marsha - Western New York

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,373
Points 28,870
Marsha-SM replied on Mon, Apr 16 2012 10:07 AM | Locked

Here are the empty-handed fishermen - We were awaiting a severe storm, watching the clouds over the trees while they were "fishing".  Of course, the fish weren't biting.  The storm didn't amount to much, needed much more to return the lake to where it had been this spring - 6" more. This is the first time we have seen this much water in the lake - it has been drained twice to fix leaks, but they didn't seal this end and it still leaks!  At least water now stays in the majority of the lake, unless it is as dry as last year was.  The lake was not much more than a swamp then.  This springs rains filled it up but now it doesn't seem to want to rain much again now.  This is the first time I have seen water even reach this dock.  Several are still on dry land.  Many have been built for 8 to 10 years, but have never seen water at their "feet"

RUB-A-DUB --- TWO MEN IN A TUB

Marsha - Western New York

Not Ranked
Posts 16
Points 125
birdwalkquiltgallery replied on Mon, Apr 16 2012 10:11 AM | Locked

I am recovering from a 3 day Mystery Quilt Retreat, with 15 other wonderful quilters.  What a wonderful time!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985
MaxNTopeka replied on Mon, Apr 16 2012 10:16 AM | Locked

Monday morning, the birds are singing and cooing and mating, the squirrels (four legged) are chasing and chattering, things are starting to dry out from the weekend rains, and the gusting winds are starting to settle down a bit!  Maybe I can put the whirlygig back up today and it won't spin itself right out of the ground. The bowl we feed the stray cat out of is 3 inches deep. It was full of water last night, so we had 'somewhere' over 3 inches of rain since Saturday sundown. My guess is a lot over 3 inches!) 

Picked up limbs and debris from the yard yesterday, but the continued high gusting winds kept us from putting lawn chairs, bird feeders, etc back out after the storms. The big storm cell that hit Wichita KS so hard was coming up the turnpike right at Topeka, but we got lucky and it broke up about 30 miles south of us. Whew!  Over 100 tornadoes in Kansas Saturday night.  Too many!

I've got to get out of this chair and get going! Post office, grocery store, and LQS for more fabric that I miscalculated my need for. Home again to cut and layout a quilt top, and need to make a quilt sandwich with top already done.   Ahhhh...geezzzz!  Now I've made myself tired thinking about it! Maybe another cup of coffee with help!

Wendy--thoughts and prayers for your husband's situation.

CC--hope you find all the crib parts.  You have put them someplace 'logical' so you could find them again!  Try to rest, relax, and enjoy this calm peaceful days before Sprout makes a grand entrance.

Linda--Happy Birthday to Uncle Frank!

Patti--no better place in the world than by a campfire with friends!  Brings back so many memories (some of them involving burned boot soles! I can dance!)

Marsha--Thank you for the glorious pics of the cacti! I love that pure yellow!

Okay, I'm moving now....really!

Max

Page 370 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 368 369 370 371 372 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use