Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up To Today? #5

Page 368 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 366 367 368 369 370 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 9,870 Replies | 67 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 374
Points 9,355
Nan replied on Thu, Apr 12 2012 10:53 AM | Locked

Good news. attorney called and agreed to pro-bono for making Maddie's project non=profit but he has never done this and need to talk to accountant about some things. Accountant is his friend so he will do this if he can, He just has to see how complicated the IRS part is. So he said he would let me know within a week. So hopefully the 2 of them could get it done.

Maddie is disappointed as Dizzy Lizzy won't be here till beginning of May.  With construction in kitchen/livingroom which is sewing room. We have had to stop sewing for a few days. I had to sample 4 paints before I could find the right one for the walls. The peacock blue in sunroom is fantastic. New floors are going in today.

I will be happy when this is done, as we have had contractors doing work since early Oct. but this past 2 weeks being in the house is the toughest.

Hope all going to VB, be safe and have fun!

Nan

Cleveland, TN

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,368
Points 19,470
safrmaz replied on Thu, Apr 12 2012 12:19 PM | Locked

Marge (AKA Dimples):

Sheri - what kind of a charity group do you sew with.  Monday at the shop we had a group sewing for Quilts of Valor and we also have a Project Linus group that meets there every other month.  Then I have my Humane Society quilters that meet at a different LQS and our ladies at church that meet twice a month.  I have found that quilters are very generous and talented ladies. 

Marge, 

At my sewing machine store, there is open sewing on Thurs. mornings for charity.  Right now there are only 2 of us and the fabrics have been donated for Project Linus. The new store manager, who is a friend of mine, is moving toward adding Quilts for Kids.  I already make quilts for them at home and there seems to be a lot of interest from others in joining that group if we can get it up and running at the store.

You're right about quilters being very generous and talented!  Doesn't it always seem like the busiest people are the ones who are the most giving?

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Thu, Apr 12 2012 4:02 PM | Locked

Sounds like everyone is enjoying a happy busy day. Is everyone all packed and ready to depart for VB?

I'm just home from the doc. He's making me come in weekly now. I finally got an appointment when hubby had a day off so they got to meet each other -- seemed to hit it off, so that's a good thing.  Doc says I gotta have this baby soon since he leaves for training on my due date. If I do, it'll be the first time I haven't gone into OT... My babies all seem to take their sweet time coming.

The hospital offers Doula services. I find the woman who provides them very annoying and didn't sign up for the service. Today we had to fill out the pre-admit forms and just my luck, it was the Doula that handles that. She reminded me multiple times to put her name down on the appropriate forms to ensure she could be in the delivery room "when the big day comes". I didn't. I'm sure she'll be calling me to correct my error soon, but the truth is, I do not find her a relaxing person to be around and I barely know her...neither of which will do either of us any good on"the big day."  I'd prefer having just Hubby and the doc at my side, and that'll be plenty of spectators, than' yewberry mush! I'm sure that we 3 can get the job done just fine without her help.  Hubby observed that she was so sweet he felt like he needed to brush his teeth after meeting her. 

In other news, the dealership called. The guy who put the MAS up for consignment accepted our offer on it (Probably against thier council) so we'll have a fancy new ride tomorrow. One less worry! At least I won't have to fret about how to fit everyone into one vehicle anymore! We should all fit into it. It's ranch a limo. LOL

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 50
replied on Thu, Apr 12 2012 5:14 PM | Locked

To all of you ladies and gents, I am posting this because of all the problems that are going on with my pages. I thought that everything was OK with my pages regarding privacy. Only recently when I did a search of my name on 3 different search sites did I realize that my gallery pages included my last name and all my gallery pages were available for all the world to see. I tried to get my last name removed. That is easier said than done. For the last 4 days we have been working on this thanks to Mandy and Shelly of QCA. They are trying to get all my past info on the site. I am not a new member as it states and my gallery and posts are not new.

Please check all your info with QCA. Everything that you say can be read by anyone in the whole wide world. Do not post anything that you want others outside of QCA to see!!! I never noticed that my last name was on my gallery page. Be aware.

Joan A.   ( I don't even know if my signature even works anymore.)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,845
Points 181,443
Marie replied on Thu, Apr 12 2012 6:25 PM | Locked

chocake2:
She reminded me multiple times to put her name down on the appropriate forms to ensure she could be in the delivery room "when the big day comes".

CC, I had the nurse from hell for one of my deliveries and I asked my Dr. not to allow her to attend to me in future deliveries, he saw to it I never had her again.  Mention her to your Dr., it's tough enough going through that without having bad karma in the room.  Does your Dr. have an alternative to take his place if he is not around?  You should meet him/her in case that happens.  Congrats on the new ride. 

Millbury, MA

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 374
Points 9,355
Nan replied on Thu, Apr 12 2012 6:31 PM | Locked

Sheri,

If your group would like to consider sewing for Quilted Hugs from Maddie we would be honored. She makes and collects donated quilts for kids in need. We are getting most referrals from counselors at schools who write to tell us about a needy child. WE do not have all the rules that Quilt for kids does as we are not donating to hospitals. Figure they have that area covered. WE do kids sized quilts with largest size being twin size for older kids, but mostly a quilt for smaller children. Anyone can go on QuiltedhugsfromMaddie@yahoo.com and tell us who needs a quilt and why. You can goggle Quilted Hugs from Maddie and read about the articles that have been written. She has received a large amt of fabric for donations. She does a special quilt label when someone else makes the quilt showing quiltmaker's name and also that the quilt was donated thru her organization and she signs and numbers each quilt. Maddie is now 8 years old as last Friday was her birthday. Have attorney working on non-profit status, her dad is working on facebook page and Maddie wants to do a YouTubevideo to explain who she is and why she is doing this. WE are seeking individuals or groups to see quilt or even just quilt tops for her to donate with her own creations. I am happy to answer any questions you might have.

Thank you for consideration,

Nan

Cleveland, TN

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 32
Points 420
Dawn Peterson replied on Fri, Apr 13 2012 8:57 AM | Locked

Hey, this is off topic, but I have tried to get my mailing information to The Quilt Daddy for some material I purchased and thought that I would see if he read this he could respond and we could exchange information.  Thanks, Dawn

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Fri, Apr 13 2012 9:00 AM | Locked

Marie:
CC, I had the nurse from hell for one of my deliveries

Me too...  But it was the Doc who never wanted to see her again. LOL She actually probably saved both DD and I.  My regular doc was out of town and his sub did the delivery.  He'd had a long week and went home after shift on Fri, so he poured himself a stiff shot  when he got home. He'd just finished it when he got called in to do my delivery. He wasn't in any shape to do it...  DD was breach - And stuck tight. He kept telling me to just try harder. Finally Hubby grabbed him by the throat and told him to do a c-section NOW, or leave in a body-bag and he'd deliver the baby himself. The Doc, of course, readily agreed, but said the OR team would have to be assembled and that would take some time. That crabby old battle-ax,  very calmly stepped in and informed him that the team was gowned and waiting. If he'd just sign the order they could proceed immediately. If he was disinclined to do so, she'd help dispose of his body.   Incidently, the next day, the Doc brought me a bouquet from his garden (He shoulda stuck to flowers! The man had a real green thumb.) and apologized for putting us through all of that.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,368
Points 19,470
safrmaz replied on Fri, Apr 13 2012 9:01 AM | Locked

Nan:

Sheri,

If your group would like to consider sewing for Quilted Hugs from Maddie we would be honored. She makes and collects donated quilts for kids in need. We are getting most referrals from counselors at schools who write to tell us about a needy child. WE do not have all the rules that Quilt for kids does as we are not donating to hospitals. Figure they have that area covered. WE do kids sized quilts with largest size being twin size for older kids, but mostly a quilt for smaller children. Anyone can go on QuiltedhugsfromMaddie@yahoo.com and tell us who needs a quilt and why. You can goggle Quilted Hugs from Maddie and read about the articles that have been written. She has received a large amt of fabric for donations. She does a special quilt label when someone else makes the quilt showing quiltmaker's name and also that the quilt was donated thru her organization and she signs and numbers each quilt. Maddie is now 8 years old as last Friday was her birthday. Have attorney working on non-profit status, her dad is working on facebook page and Maddie wants to do a YouTubevideo to explain who she is and why she is doing this. WE are seeking individuals or groups to see quilt or even just quilt tops for her to donate with her own creations. I am happy to answer any questions you might have.

Thank you for consideration,

Nan

Cleveland, TN

Nan, I'll send you a friend request so we can discuss this further.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,402
Points 119,641
Patti replied on Fri, Apr 13 2012 9:33 AM | Locked

chocake2:
The hospital offers Doula services. I find the woman who provides them very annoying and didn't sign up for the service. Today we had to fill out the pre-admit forms and just my luck, it was the Doula that handles that. She reminded me multiple times to put her name down on the appropriate forms to ensure she could be in the delivery room "when the big day comes".

so, it this the Doula version of ambulance chasing attorneys?  I would find her very annoying as well.   I don't want to knock doulas and attorneys here, but we all know that all professions have the good and the not so good.    Unfortunately, sometimes the best have the worst bed side manners.   I also know of a few docs whom all his patients loved, but was really a mediocre doc that I wouldn't want for anything serious or complicated.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,845
Points 181,443
Marie replied on Fri, Apr 13 2012 12:48 PM | Locked

chocake2:
But it was the Doc who never wanted to see her again

Scary CC!  My nurse was generally a miserable person.  Apparently she had no friends or family who cared for her because they found her dead in her apartment after three days missing.  I now feel sorry for the poor soul but at the time I was scared to death of her, she said some nasty things.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Fri, Apr 13 2012 1:22 PM | Locked

Today I am kinda rambling around doing little last minutey type things to make sure the guys don't starve while I am away for a week.  :o)  Just kidding 'cause Dave had to fend for himself and three youngun''s after divorcing first wife so I am sure he can handle it for a week.  She was deemed an unfit mother ---- Gee do you think it was because she threatened to kill herself and the two little girls with the butcher knife she was holding if he divorced her because of her infidelity??? 

I have a quilting project that I picked up this morning to do for the Humane Society but that will have to wait until after I get back home.  Maybe I will start cutting my fabric for MQ6 or not.  :o)  I probably should do something that doesn't require a whole lot of concentration because I sure don't have that today.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Fri, Apr 13 2012 2:10 PM | Locked

Patti:
so, it this the Doula version of ambulance chasing attorneys?

I don't know about that, so much Patti. She's just very young and eager.   when I am busy bringing Sprout into the world, I ain't gonna feel much like having a super-duper cheerleader singing rah-rah-rah in my ear and skipping around the room.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Fri, Apr 13 2012 2:18 PM | Locked

Marie:

chocake2:
But it was the Doc who never wanted to see her again

Scary CC!  My nurse was generally a miserable person.  Apparently she had no friends or family who cared for her because they found her dead in her apartment after three days missing.  I now feel sorry for the poor soul but at the time I was scared to death of her, she said some nasty things.

I worked with a nurse once who was later charged with murder after she put saline in someone's IV "by mistake." She was a lot like the one you just described-- miserable and mean-spirited.  I've always harbored some doubts that it was an accident. When I worked with her she did a few things that make me think she probably killed more then one patcient, and never by accident. Not that she set out to kill anybody when I new her, she just "got even".   The  targets of her venom were usually very needy people who used their call buttons frequently, and were either suffering from dementia or unable to speak, so she got away with it because they couldn't communicate what was happening to them.  I was 16 and worked part time. She was an administrator. Who was I gonna complain too??  I quit rather then fight her. Call me a coward.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,537
Points 21,100
Margaret Weber replied on Fri, Apr 13 2012 3:13 PM | Locked

chocake2:

I worked with a nurse once who was later charged with murder after she put saline in someone's IV "by mistake." She was a lot like the one you just described-- miserable and mean-spirited.  I've always harbored some doubts that it was an accident. When I worked with her she did a few things that make me think she probably killed more then one patcient, and never by accident. Not that she set out to kill anybody when I new her, she just "got even".   The  targets of her venom were usually very needy people who used their call buttons frequently, and were either suffering from dementia or unable to speak, so she got away with it because they couldn't communicate what was happening to them.  I was 16 and worked part time. She was an administrator. Who was I gonna complain too??  I quit rather then fight her. Call me a coward.

That is scary.  I have a huge distrust in doctors as one almost killed my dad when I was a kid.  I remember just how sick my dad was.  He would black out and was bed ridden so much along with other things that just scared me.  I remember one time my mom had to go pick my brother up and I was left at home with my dad who was in bed and I was scared that something bad would happen and I wouldn't know what to do for him.  As it turned out the doctor just kept prescribing medication after medication and was so over medicating my dad that it almost killed him.  Several years after that we heard that he actually did kill one of his patients.

When my mom had her brain anerysm in 1999, one of the nurses went against the doctors orders and kept turning up the pressure inmy mon's brain even though the doctor ordered that to stop.  He had wanted to see if my mom could tolerate more pressure, she couldn't but the nurse just took matters in her own hands.  My grandma saw her turning the pressure up and told her the doctor didn't wnat that done anymore because she couldn't tolerate it.  The nurses reply, "Oh I know but I think she can."   My father and grandmother made a big deal with the doctor and the hospital and the nurse was never allowed near my mom again. 

Margaret

Page 368 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 366 367 368 369 370 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use