Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up To Today? #5

Page 362 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 360 361 362 363 364 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 9,870 Replies | 67 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Sat, Apr 7 2012 11:25 AM | Locked

Yeah Wendy,

You are a lot of varied talents and skills.  Looking forward to seeing your sewing room.  You must finally be feeling better.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 32
Points 420
Dawn Peterson replied on Sat, Apr 7 2012 12:24 PM | Locked

my gosh Nan, 6'3"?  You are so lucky.  I am 5'6" and I feel so short.  I think that I am shrinking.  I know that I was always 5'6" and could reach the top shelf real easy, but now I drag stuff off.  I saw a picture of a lady in Norway that was actually 7'5' and she weighed 407lbs.  She wasn't fat at all.  Tall yes, but not fat.  My dad was from Swedish stock and he was only 5'10", so I didn't get any height from him.  My mom had a great aunt that was 6'11".  She passed away in her forties.  I imagine that she had something wrong with her and that accounted for her heighth.  Back then who knows what people had.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,971
Points 27,675
Ramona replied on Sat, Apr 7 2012 2:12 PM | Locked

Ginny:

you didn't tell me anything that I sort of didn't know. You just spelled it out in detail and I appreciate that.  I will just have to wait until closer to that time to work out the details.  You won't deter me.  I helped my Mother when she was alive. Both of her shoulders had dropped completely out of the sockets because she wouldn't have anything done for them as a Doctor had told her 20 years ago not to have them done because the surgery offered way back then didn't work.  Oh no, I won't let things go any longer than this fall.   Ginny 

Good for you. Get it done and taken care of. I figured you knew a lot since you were a nurse but some nurses can be pretty specialized. Guess I did go on a bit. Sorry about that.

They have come a long way in the medical field. You have to wonder where things will be a few years down the road. My son had a severe brachial plexis injury and internal dislocation of his left shoulder due to a car accident yrs ago. He still has nerve issues and lack of movement but at least he has use of the arm and can feel some.  He recently had shoulder surgery to clean up arthritis, torn rotator, etc. They told him, if his injury was to happen today,  they could do so much more with to help this type of injury than they could back then.

I know you'll be glad to get your surgery over and be down the road with recovery.  Like I said, it's well worth it.  Let us know how you're doing.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 374
Points 9,355
Nan replied on Sat, Apr 7 2012 2:21 PM | Locked

No, I am 5'3"..I was just saying my body weight would be much better if I was 6'3"!! Would be better if i had more space to spread it around!!!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 210
Points 5,385
Renee replied on Sat, Apr 7 2012 2:53 PM | Locked

Should have known better than to try and force the sewing mojo. 

My punishment is quilt batting measured 3 times and cut once and still too short.  Going to have to piece it.  I think I will leave it alone for now. Maybe later on this evening I will sew the piece together.

I dare not attempt anything else.  I was so hoping to get something done today   :-(

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,105
Points 109,540
chocake2 replied on Sat, Apr 7 2012 3:04 PM | Locked

How tall do I have to be to make this big round belly go away?? LOL

We are home from our annual mini-vactaion. 'Decided to forego the cabin this year. For some reason I really didn't feel like hiking a mile and a half through deep snow/drifts with all of our gear. Gini's blizzard got here yesterday, so it's justa s well we bagged that idea, or I'm sure we'd be snowed in!

Instead we went to Bozeman and toured the Museum of the Rockies. They  have some really awesome fossils in their collection and have finally started putting some of them out on public display.  I was suprised to discover how much I have learned in the last few years at our little gallery. At one point I over heard a woman questioning one of the displays and had no trouble clearing up her confusion. (Hubby laughed and reminded me that I am on maternity leave and don't have to act as the tour guide.)  Anyway, the kids had a blast. While I 'spied' for new ideas in the gift shop, I overheard DS1 telling someone "Oh, That's Uncle Bossman's book. You should buy it direct from him. It's cheaper and he'll sign it for you." He even told the guy where to find it on-line. LOL I did explain to him that it was kinda rude to market "our" stuff in someone else's business, but I thought it was sweet of him to have such pride in the guys.

I'm tuckered out after 2 very long days int he car. I'm just kinda taking it slow and putzing around  a little hear and there. Once upon a time a road trip like this wouldn'ta phased me....

The boys are out helping Daddy set the last post for the hen-pen, so hopefully by tomorrow the McNuggets will be able to start exploring the world. They escape their brooding pen everytime DS1 goes out to feed and water now, so it's high time they had some freedom!

Of course, we couldn't do the big town without hitting a few quilt shops and expanding my stash. I behaved myself, and limited my purchases to just a few really yummy batiks and blenders.  It wasn't easy...   We also stopped off at http://goosebayglass.com/ and bought myself some pretty new drinking glasses. It's gotten so we stop there every year on our way back from the cabin, so I'm getting quite a collection of funky drink wear. LOL

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Sat, Apr 7 2012 3:13 PM | Locked

CC, I always look forward to reading your posts, but today what a happy sight.  By now you know our (or should I say MY) imagination got the best of me.  So, when is Spout due?

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sat, Apr 7 2012 4:48 PM | Locked

A quick trip into town first thing this morning and back home with two bales of wheat straw and two bags of grass seed.  Everything planted now and getting watered.  It has been so long since I used our fancy sprinkler that I had to fiddle around with it a while to get the pattern set right and get the timer working.  Now we shall see if this "dense shade" grass seed will actually come up and grow in our yard.  I cleaned out the doggie pool and gave them some nice clean water to cool off in --- clean until they jump in it the first time.  :o)  It is a bit on the cool side today so all they did was take a drink out of it.

Then I got to spend some time puttering the sewing room.  Good thing I glanced up on the fabric shelves and saw all of my possible additions for my beach quilt top sitting there.  I would not have been happy with myself if I would have gone all the way to VB without that fabric - even though I may not use it all.

Friday will be a Humane Society sew day at Quilts 'n' Fixins.  I will only be going up there to pick up some bags of scraps from Barbara and maybe a couple of quilts to bind for Jeanne at home.  I need to get the tires rotated and balanced and the car all cleaned up before Joni and I leave in the early AM Sat. for the retreat so I can't stay and quilt there.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sat, Apr 7 2012 4:49 PM | Locked

CC - sounds like you had a nice time on your mini vacation.  Were your kids on spring break this week? 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sat, Apr 7 2012 4:50 PM | Locked

Nan:

No, I am 5'3"..I was just saying my body weight would be much better if I was 6'3"!! Would be better if i had more space to spread it around!!!

What is that saying???  I'm not overweight.  I'm undertall.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,105
Points 109,540
chocake2 replied on Sat, Apr 7 2012 5:12 PM | Locked

Patti:
So, when is Spout due?

We have another month to go...  You can't get excited  until around the next full moon. LOL

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sat, Apr 7 2012 5:38 PM | Locked

Yup - those full moons will do it every time.  :o) 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,698
Points 436,355
Nana replied on Sat, Apr 7 2012 6:25 PM | Locked

MNnancy:

Wendy, goodness, I didn't know you were such a handywoman!  I would never be able to hang sheet rock and frame a cutting center on my own.  You go, girl!!!

Nancy

Hanging the sheetrock isn't that hard.  Its the finishing the seams that gets to be a pain.  

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,698
Points 436,355
Nana replied on Sat, Apr 7 2012 6:30 PM | Locked

CC

Sounds like yoou had a nice mini vacation.  Glad that you enjoyed yourself.  Your kids sound so cute.  I bet they can be a handful though.  Now it is time to rest up for sprout's arrival.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sat, Apr 7 2012 6:43 PM | Locked

I don't know how he did this!

This has got to be David Copperfields greatest illusion ever!!!

WOW!!!.....

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 50
Page 362 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 360 361 362 363 364 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use