Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up To Today? #5

Page 332 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 330 331 332 333 334 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 9,870 Replies | 67 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,872
Points 56,145
Ginny replied on Thu, Mar 22 2012 9:50 PM | Locked

Thanks Debbie-do for the beautiful wild flower show..  Ginny

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Thu, Mar 22 2012 9:56 PM | Locked

Debbie-do:

Yep, we should have visited Texas later!  Enjoy the flowers, Debbie!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 374
Points 9,355
Nan replied on Thu, Mar 22 2012 10:05 PM | Locked

Debbie,

Loved the video, you need to add music. It was so charming and we made a trip to San Antonio last Feb to look at a business but things were not blooming like that. The grandkids may never ever go back to Texas as they both felt it was so far in the car, I think I traumatized them. But we went from here to New Orleans then to San Antonio, stayed right on Riverwalk, very nice. Now the drive straight back was long for me.

Thanks for sharing,

Nan

Cleveland, TN

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,403
Points 119,661
Patti replied on Thu, Mar 22 2012 10:42 PM | Locked

Jennsquilts:
Oh my gosh, Patti, you live in NE WA state?  My grandparents and their associate used to put their cattle out to range just above Omak. Used to go up there twice a year to help turn them out or round them up.

My late husband's grandfather was the 2nd white man living on the flat above Omak, called Pogue Flat.  Dr. Pogue was the first.  My late husband's uncle a Haberle, and had lots of cattle and lots of range.  I am not sure if I am spelling the names right, but wouldn't it be funny if we were related?

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Thu, Mar 22 2012 10:54 PM | Locked

Patti

That is some awesome family history.  Thanks for sharing.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,332
Points 255,409
Barbara replied on Fri, Mar 23 2012 1:01 AM | Locked

Debbie, the veido was very pretty ,I really loved the fields of the whilte flowers ,those were beautiful . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Not Ranked
Posts 15
Points 390
stitchingpost replied on Fri, Mar 23 2012 1:23 AM | Locked

I Miss texas sooooooooooooo much,i was born and rised in ft worth ,i havnt been back for 20 years,iwent to IND to vist afriend and meet atrue COWBOY we got married 3 months after we meet and ilost my cowboy last year but i still think at times i need to go back there i sure do miss the blue bonnets

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,662
Points 49,385
Debbie-do replied on Fri, Mar 23 2012 6:59 AM | Locked

It's been a few years since we've had so many flowers.  There has been lots of rain this winter after a long drought.  It brings such joy to be out in the car these days! Marsha, don't give up hope on seeing pretty flowers, there will be plenty left in two weeks, and since you're coming from the north there still could be fields of bluebonnets in some spots.

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,414
Points 61,782
Joyce Brenden replied on Fri, Mar 23 2012 10:16 AM | Locked

Nana--

I'm so excited for you.  What fun you'll have rearranging you sewing space.  BTW, we're officially under contract on the sale of the Everett house and there's also a backup offer in the works, so it looks like I'll be saying a last farewell to the home Dale and I designed and built together back in 1986.  I'm going to miss it, but am oh, so happy to be back in the Florida sunshine.

Kissimmee, FL

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Fri, Mar 23 2012 10:21 AM | Locked

Joyce

I am so glad that everything is going smoothly on the house sale.   I know that selling the house is very bittersweet.  There are lots of memories in that house.   I know that you are so happy in the sunshine and warmth of Florida. So very happy for you that everything is working out the way you had hoped.   Big hugs.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Fri, Mar 23 2012 10:27 AM | Locked

Debbie-do:
 There has been lots of rain this winter after a long drought.
LOL. I Have a friend in TX who says that they watch their neighbor load his little boat with goats and paddle them across the creek daily. They've had so much rain that his bridge is under water...   I think you're drought is over Debbie-do!

They boys have a "free Friday" today. I can't tell you how nice it was to sleep in this morning!

DS1 had his last fly-tieing class of the year last night. This is his 3rd year going. Ironically, that 1st year, he was too young to go but the instructor made an exception since he'd have a birthday before they were done. This year the age qualifications changed, and he was once again one of the youngest in the class...despite being one of the most experienced.

Every year they have a "tie-off" and get awards for thier efforts, as well as their graduation certificate. There are tons of treats and it's just a great little party for the kids. This year top honors went to a young lady who tied the most realistic looking mouse you've ever seen! 2 years ago she was constantly in trouble with the authorities, and, at the ripe old age of 9, had been expelled from school at least 2ce.  One of her misdeeds in their old school was to jump on  my son's back and kick him repeatedly with her cowboy boots. She's a big kid for her age, and a few years older then he is, so she did some serious damage to the little guy. She was facing perminent expulsion and  juvinal hall by the time she made it to 4th grade. Councilling didn't seem to help. This year they moved her to the same little school my boys go to, and she's a whole different person. When the winner was announced, as voted by her piers, she was blown out of the water. She turned to DS1 and said to him "I'm so glad you made me come here!!" A sweet moment for sure!  I learned later that DS1 has been going upstairs with her on recess and studying the Orvis Fly-tiers Manual.   How I wish I could be that forgiving!

Anyway, I was in a bind for a sitter last night, so I took Jr along to the tie-off. I figured we could sit in the back and munch cookies while the big kids had the tie-off, but the instructor changed my mind. He set up an extra vice right in the middle of the big kids and parked Jr  in with the group. They had a vollenteer there to help when the kids got stuck, and he mounted a hook and threaded the bobbin for Jr, but before he could go further with it, someone else needed help. I know Jr has gone out and fiddled with flies with DS1 and Daddy now and again (they set up a vice for him, too), but I never paid all that much attention to it. I guess he's been learning more then I realized, because by the time his helper got back to him, he was working on his 2nd hook. He won "Most Likely to catch a cutt-throat" with his very colorful "Royal Mantus Creation"  and was given an award right along with the rest of the kids.  The instructor said he'd make a special allowance for him to be in the class next year. He's walking on air this AM, and keeps showing me his lucky hook... a gift from his vollenteer helper.  LOL    DS1 is far more casual about his award.  :)

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Fri, Mar 23 2012 10:37 AM | Locked

WE ALL LOVE FABRIC

and we shop The Quilting Hen in Carter, Montana
because we are THRIFTY!
Dear XXXXXXXXX,

We are cleaning out our finest quilting fabrics for Spring.
 Fabric priced as low as $2.99 per yard.  
 FREE Shipping to U.S. Addresses on orders over $50.00.
 Be sure to choose "FREE SHIPPING" in the shipping drop down menu before checking out.

Special Pricing valid on web placed orders only.
 Not valid by email, phone orders, or in store. 

SPRING CLEANING SALE valid March 21, 22, 23 & 24, 2012

quiltinghen@3rivers.net
406-734-5297
Gary and Diane Arganbright
Family Owned Business Since 1999
Carter, Montana U.S.A.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 648
Points 10,145
Jennsquilts replied on Fri, Mar 23 2012 10:41 AM | Locked

Patti, Wouldn't that be just too funny if we are?  Even more bizarre that we'd find each other here!  LOL!  It truly is a small world!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,760
Sukochi replied on Fri, Mar 23 2012 10:48 AM | Locked

stitchingpost:
i sure do miss the blue bonnets

Stitchingpost, when my sister and her DH went to Texas, on their way across America in the RV, he was running around asking everyone there "where are the Bluebells?" They had no idea what he was talking about. Bluebell is ice cream!!  Guess what he meant, Blue Bonnets!!

Debbie - Do,  We live on a mountain. The road down the mountain is all woods and is dotted all over the woods with white Dogwood trees. So pretty. I need to get a picture before they are all gone.

Today, I will get to work, again, on my quilt for Maddie. OMG, google Quilted Hugs From Maddie. This girl has gone viral. She is all over the Internet. It is amazing to me. I had no idea this would take off like it has. I guess it is a concept no one saw before, a little girl who quilts. Wow!

Rainy day here, but it is washing away the yellow stuff that is coating everything, including cat paws. They track it in. My asthma is running amok. DH is sneezing and feels awful. It's pollen season in the South. I have one cat who is allergic and, poor little thing, is just sneezing and sneezing. Need a trip to the vet for some allergy meds.

Every one have a happy, quilty day!

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,792
Points 420,639
gini replied on Fri, Mar 23 2012 11:13 AM | Locked

I forgot who wanted the Egyptian fabric.  I forgot about spoon flower they have several patterns

gini in north idaho

Page 332 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 330 331 332 333 334 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.