Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up To Today? #5

Page 238 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 236 237 238 239 240 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 9,870 Replies | 67 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Tue, Feb 28 2012 7:07 AM | Locked

Maggie:

Although she makes me laugh so much I just might reinjure myself.   

Ah, Maggie, I will hold back on the laughs until your back gets better- but then watch out. You're in for a double dose then- I do hope you are feeling better now.

Marlene

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Tue, Feb 28 2012 7:18 AM | Locked

Marge (AKA Dimples):
i sure hope this job will work out well for him.

Marge

I hope this job work out for him as well. He is in my thoughts and prayers. Waiting is so very hard, you are right. I am praying he gets this. Keep up posted !

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Tue, Feb 28 2012 7:29 AM | Locked

MNnancy:
I'm thinking the VB retreat is going to be the most distracting one of all!

Nancy,

ROTFLOL- Really, ya think?  And could it possibly be we got Frances, Spud, and Max thrown into the mix long distance and everyone else. Everybody better sign up for Skype.

I see no reason for this retreat to be distracting. : )  It will be a sedate sewing circle of ladies increasing their quilting knowledge and sipping iced water. Then you got the Furbabies with their own Retreat going crazy on Tara at the same time. Ya, I think we got a lot to worry about there. I feel sorry for the State of GA but more importantly for Marge's DH.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Tue, Feb 28 2012 7:33 AM | Locked

Nana

Tinkerbell is to die for. Oh, she is a beauty. I bet she flies too. Now I want a Black FW to go with my White one. LOL OMG. This is an illness. <VBG>

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 116
Points 2,005
abcquilting@yahoo.com replied on Tue, Feb 28 2012 7:35 AM | Locked

I just wanted to say I agree with you about QCA. It is a very useful site and I have learned so much from all the ideas and tips from the discussions. It is time for me to renew my subscription which I plan on doing today. Bettie

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 116
Points 2,005
abcquilting@yahoo.com replied on Tue, Feb 28 2012 7:40 AM | Locked

What is the EQ7 and what is it used for? I have seen several references to EQ7 but am completely ignorant about it except it seems to be a computer program. Any information I get will be very helpful as I need all the help I can get these days on my quilting. Thanks Bettie

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Tue, Feb 28 2012 7:43 AM | Locked

Maggie:
I sprained by back in 2 places

Maggie

I hope your back gets better quick. I hope the brace helps it recover quickly. You sure didn't need the hassle of having to get a new battery with your back killing you. Praying for a quick recovery. No laughs for you for awhile.

Get well hugs!

Marlene

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Tue, Feb 28 2012 7:43 AM | Locked

Maggie:
I sprained by back in 2 places

Maggie

I hope your back gets better quick. I hope the brace helps it recover quickly. You sure didn't need the hassle of having to get a new battery with your back killing you. Praying for a quick recovery. No laughs for you for awhile.

Get well hugs!

Marlene

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Tue, Feb 28 2012 8:01 AM | Locked

Hi everyone,

I am behind as usual.

Bella- Congrats on your New job!  Yahoo! That is great news! I am so glad you like the attorneys you are working with too, that helps. Congrats to your son to. An author! How exciting!

Gini! Now can you pass the cleaning of the room on to me- I am still in the midst of mine. LOL.  Will I ever get it done? Hope you are feeling better from your skiing incident!

Spud- I am so sorry you had a bad day also. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Marge-Tell Todd to hang in there. We are all praying for him.  He so deserves something great to happen to him.

Nan-I am so sorry things are in tough for you again w/ family issues.  Hang in there.

Margaret-Sorry you were feeling so bad-hope you are feeling better.

Nancy- Happy Birthday-Yahoo, I think the Furbabies are celebrating for you, anything for a party! : )

Nana-Tinkerbell is so darling-now can you stop buying machines for at least a week! LOL

CC-Beautiful beads-you are so very talented.

Linda- Welcome Home-Glad you're back with us!

Karla-The special diet issues are tough. Just tell him do it for one hour at a time. Then another hour. Then another.

Max-Your latest quilt is beautiful! You are really quilting up a storm.

If I forgot anyone, its memory and age- I am sorry,

Have a good day!

Marlene

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 622
Points 10,640
abcd replied on Tue, Feb 28 2012 8:13 AM | Locked

Thanks, Marlene!  I just saw this as I was getting ready for work (WHAT DID I SAY??? I thought "WORK" was a 4 letter word! Now it is a life saver...)  Have a great day everyone~  :D 

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 622
Points 10,640
abcd replied on Tue, Feb 28 2012 8:23 AM | Locked

Congratulations, Wendy!  She's a beauty!

Nana, I love the name you gave your little featherweight - that is what I named my Bernina 730 as well.  Now I have to embroider Tink on a cover for her, and I am set.... 

Have a great day out there!  :D

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Tue, Feb 28 2012 8:30 AM | Locked

Bella:
I just saw this as I was getting ready for work (WHAT DID I SAY??

Bella

You are welcome. But hey work keeps you so you can buy fabric, so it does have some advantages. LOL

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Tue, Feb 28 2012 9:05 AM | Locked

Good Morning Everyone,

Here's my nightmare from yesterday so you know why I wasn't on line. And couldn't confess to you all until after the fact. Set the scene.

Cleaning off the large dining room table- why do I put things there- and everyone else. Its a formal dining room. Not a catch all. Ok that's it. Its getting cleaned off.

Cleaning my sewing room. its a nightmare.  I have a stack and I do mean a stack of stuff for VA Beach. And a Stack of fabric that I bought for the VA Beach quilt. Ok so as I cleaning I decided to start a box I can mail in advance to mail to Nana because I have absolutely so much to bring .My 7 yards of fabric + 2 yards of fabric (laurel Birch) must get sent ahead and a lot of other things. Wait, where are my VA Beach blocks that i finished- there were in a Plastic zip lock bag- signed- I just needed to add the date. OMG, where are they. I panic. I do not find them. I look on the dining room table and find a bag w/ a few blocks but only a few, not my entire set. I find one block on the floor looking like a lost soldier. I am dying now, I would never throw a block on the floor. Someone has deliberately done this, I know. Ms. Cricket, Murpy etc.

I search everywhere all day and the blocks are not to be found. The dining room table is cleared and they are not there. They not on my sewing machine cabinet. I eat dinner- I am physically sick- I ask my family if they have seen my blocks- they think I am crazy. I envision making all the blocks again. It is my worst nightmare come true.

Nana calls me later in the evening to tell me of the arrival of her FW, I am thrilled for her.  I blurt out that I have lost my VA Blocks.  We go over when I last seen them, etc. And laugh that I may dream where they may be. 

I wake up very early and start in the quilt room again cleaning. IT is a dismay process especially when the blocks do not turn up. Finally, I look behind my antique steamer chest and lo and behold are my blocks! I never was so happy to see some blocks in my life.

The moral of the story-Don't lose your blocks for retreat -put them somewhere -very safe.

Hugs

Marlene

• | Post Points: 125
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,049
Points 20,025
Beth Weigt replied on Tue, Feb 28 2012 9:30 AM | Locked

Marlene - I'm so glad you found your blocks!!  I know how I would feel if I lost my blocks for the Smokey Mtn. retreat.

hopefull better day for you today.

Beth from Illinois

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Tue, Feb 28 2012 9:57 AM | Locked

Marlene

Glad you found your blocks.  I told you they were somewhere in your sewing room since that was the last place you could remember having them.  WooHoo you don't have to make more blocks.

Vinton, Virginia

Page 238 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 236 237 238 239 240 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use