Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up To Today? #5

Page 237 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 235 236 237 238 239 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 9,870 Replies | 67 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 374
Points 9,355
Nan replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 10:38 PM | Locked

What I understoof my  EQ7 manual to say was that you can download it on 3 computers( I am sure they mean your own computers) and be able to use it. It said if you needed it on a 4th you would have to make one of the first 3 inactive. I have mine on 2 computers with no problem.

I have done the videos and tutorials, but can not make it do what I know it can. Hoping LQS will have a lead on a teacher by Thurs. class.

Nan

Cleveland, TN

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,131
Points 28,645
Wendy replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 10:40 PM | Locked

Marge,

You will load it onto your laptop using the CD that came with your EQ7. Follow all the steps just like it says. You should be able to have it on two separate devices. There is a disable feature. I can not remember how to get to it off hand. I have my software loaded on three separate computers. I just disable one and can have it on the other two.  Kris may answer you before I get back to you tomorrow.  

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 622
Points 10,640
abcd replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 10:51 PM | Locked

MnNancy -Thank you for the well wishes! And now we DO need to know:  IS IT your mystery quilt in the magazine?  I just bought it, too!  Will you autograph it for me??  :D 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,045
Nana replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 11:19 PM | Locked

Wendy

I think you will love her.   I love quilting on my Janome 7700 that has the large throat.  It is so much easier.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,045
Nana replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 11:23 PM | Locked

Marge P.

I know on EQ6 that I had 5 downloads available with my disc.  Each time that I have upgraded computers I was able to download my EQ software to the new computer without a problem.  If you have trouble getting it to download there is a number you can call for assistance  They can even give you a new number to use if it is necessary.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,948
Points 368,262
Kris replied on Tue, Feb 28 2012 12:08 AM | Locked

Wendy :
This is my new baby.  She arrived today. Can't wait to use her. I have to get a few more things before I can use her for quilting.

She's lovely Wendy. Congratulations. With all the new babies around I want one too.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,948
Points 368,262
Kris replied on Tue, Feb 28 2012 12:12 AM | Locked

Nana:
I know on EQ6 that I had 5 downloads available with my disc.  Each time that I have upgraded computers I was able to download my EQ software to the new computer without a problem.  If you have trouble getting it to download there is a number you can call for assistance  They can even give you a new number to use if it is necessary.

Yes you can upgrade your computer and still use the EQ6 software indefinitely but they do not allow using it on more than one machine at once. Meaning I can't install it on mine and give it to someone else to use on theirs as well. The license does not allow that.

EQ7 can be installed on two machines.

For those who upgraded from EQ6 to EQ7 you can't give away EQ6. It is tied to 7.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Tue, Feb 28 2012 12:38 AM | Locked

Kris:
EQ7 can be installed on two machines.

Thanks Nan, Wendy, Nana and Kris.   Thank God for QCA!!  It is so great to ask a question and get great responses.

Kris - so I should have no problem taking my CD with me tomorrow when I pick up my laptop and have my DGD's partner install it, right?  If that is the case, then how do I get all my files (designed quilts) onto the laptop?  Do I still need to do a transfer of those files?  This is so beyond me and it is frustrating.  I wish I had an in-house computer expert but alas I don't.  My DH thinks I know it all (ROFLOL) and he won't touch anything except the on/off switch and to play games on his PC. He won't even touch mine.

I had EQ5 and never really learned it and they offered EQ7 to EQ5 users at half price and that is when I got it for my current PC. I still have EQ5 on it also.  Perhaps further into the manual it states that EQ7 can be installed on two machines but the License info stated just one and that is when I panicked as I seem to recall I could put it on two machines.

MargeP

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,948
Points 368,262
Kris replied on Tue, Feb 28 2012 2:02 AM | Locked

Marge,

That's right you should be able to install it. Make sure you have the serial number with you as you need that to activate the software.

You will need to transfer your files to the new computer as they are not stored within the program but on your hard drive. Go into your documents folder on your current computer and copy them from the EQ "user" folder to an external drive. You can then open them with EQ 7 on the new computer and save them there.

They don't make it easy when it comes to software and that's because of pirating.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Tue, Feb 28 2012 2:37 AM | Locked

Kris:
That's right you should be able to install it. Make sure you have the serial number with you as you need that to activate the software.

Thank you so much, Kris!  I really appreciate your input.  Off to a new exciting challenge!  Will be back if I have more questions! :-)

MargeP

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,948
Points 368,262
Kris replied on Tue, Feb 28 2012 3:04 AM | Locked

You're welcome Marge.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Feb 28 2012 6:44 AM | Locked

Wendy ,congradulations on your new baby, I love my Janome she is a work horse .Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Tue, Feb 28 2012 6:50 AM | Locked

Margaret Weber:

Thanks everyone, I am actually feeling so much better today.  So much for not getting the flu even though I had the shot.

Maybe it wasn't the flu.  Maybe it was some exotic California bug.  :o)

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Tue, Feb 28 2012 6:57 AM | Locked

Angele:
He is getting pretty discouraged.
Tell him not to give up.  I don't remember how ling it has been since Ford closed the plant down here in the Atlanta area but that's how long it has been since Todd had a good steady job.  He spent probably the first year or so attending Chattahoochee Tech and since then has driven a dump truck, done roofing (for a company now accused of fraud!), done odd jobs, worked with his BIL (who was a big factor in getting him this job - thank you Ray!!!!) and worked for Celeste's brother.  No benefits and had to fight kidney cancer in the summer of 2010.  i sure hope this job will work out well for him.  

I will keep praying for your son.  I hope he hears something soon.  I think that is the hardest part --- the wait.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Tue, Feb 28 2012 7:05 AM | Locked

Wendy - new "baby" is very pretty.  I love my Janome 6600.  Don't you have another Janome too?

So I take it that you are finally over all of your health issues that you have been fighting????

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Page 237 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 235 236 237 238 239 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use