Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up To Today? #5

Page 236 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 234 235 236 237 238 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 9,870 Replies | 67 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,707
Points 364,392
Kris replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 8:35 PM | Locked

Margaret Weber:
This week I plan to quilt and just de-stress from all of this.

Margaret,

I certainly hope you get some down time. Sorry you're dealing with so much at once. Good luck with everything. You're in my prayers.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,388
Points 46,845
Angele replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 8:39 PM | Locked

Hi Marge, I am so glad Todd got his job.  So far we are still waiting to hear about my son's potential job. Still praying and hoping.  Luckily for him he has a job and lives with his brother for now.  But I so wish that he could get started in his career.  He is getting pretty discouraged.  So Marge I hope that all will be working out great for Todd.

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 8:43 PM | Locked

~delete

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,388
Points 46,845
Angele replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 8:53 PM | Locked

Belle, I am sooooo happy for you getting a job you wanted and who knows maybe it will turn into a full time job.  Also congratulations to your son Kevin for being an author. I will definitely have to look into that book when I go  online.  Good luck in all these new adventures to you and your son.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 8:54 PM | Locked

Diana:
He asked what the last movie was that I saw.  I answered "ET" and he hung up on me.  Just cuz it came out 30 years was no reason for him to be rude.

Oh, too funny!

Diana:
Only about 6 weeks til Vb...can't wait.  It will be my first retreat

Diana, I just don't know if this is fair to make your first quilt retreat experience a QCA retreat...  LOL  There is a world of difference between QCA retreats and real-world retreats, in my humble opinion.  Ask me which kind I prefer.... very big grin...but now ask me which kind I get the most quilting done at....  And for some reason, I'm thinking the VB retreat is going to be the most distracting one of all!

chocake2:
Occasionally I watch a net-flix movie with hubby and the kids, but usually I just ignor it. I get a lot more done without it!

I hear you, CC.  There are days I truly wish we did not have TV!  I watch it in the evening to keep DH company.  There are only three shows I really enjoy watching on a regular basis.

Bella:
then I got a call back from an attorney who interviewed me YESTERDAY (yes! On SUNDAY) and I START WORK TODAY!!!  YAY!!!

Congrats on the new job, Bella, and on your son's book launch.  Exciting! 

Marge (AKA Dimples):
Nancy - you guys sound like Dave and me.  We do the same thing.

Yea, I think I could probably move in with you guys pretty easily - long dog walks and all...  :-)  

Margaret Weber:
My life just keeps getting crazier.

It was good to hear from you again, Margaret, but I'm sorry things have been bumpy.  Hang in there!

Nan:
I got real sick every time I moved, it is because there is a whole new set of germs in new place

I believe that, too!  I think it's the water that's different.  Starting a new job has the same problems.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,388
Points 46,845
Angele replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 9:13 PM | Locked

Thea:
I didn't get up early this morning - my body shut down again and I just slept and slept - didn't hear Jay's alarm - didn't hear anything - guess it was about time... I still have so much to do and need to get a move on - I will just get a later start today.

Thea:
Mom is doing so much better - she is just so cute right now - she is refusing to use her cane within the house as she says she can do it... but someone is right near her when she ventures out and about

Thea, I am so glad to hear your mother is doing so well.  the time you have together is worth all the troubles you went through to bring her  home safe and sound.

I hope your body is more cooperative now than it was this morning.  You have to understand that you put yourself under so much stress that sooner or later you need to give it a rest.  I am sure your body will recuperate quickly and let you continue on with your busy schedule.  Will keep you and your mom in my prayers.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,707
Points 364,392
Kris replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 9:13 PM | Locked

Bella:
Here is a link to the website that has another link in the middle of the page that tells you to "READ A READING SAMPLE HERE", and let me know if you like it, please! 

Bella,

thanks for the link. I like what i've read so far. I'll finish up after work. I'm pretty sure I'm going to order the book. I like that he provides a background and history lesson of sorts at the beginning to get the reader oriented. US history is not something I'm very familiar with. Tell him thanks.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,388
Points 46,845
Angele replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 9:28 PM | Locked

Spud, glad to hear you are feeling better.  I hope your FQ is now all levelled and ready to work for you.  It was great that they could get it working quickly.  Now I can't wait to see the finished quilts.  Hope you will still feel good better tomorrow.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,388
Points 46,845
Angele replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 9:31 PM | Locked

Nana, I love your Tinkerbell.  If your can't find a corner, I have one right here on my table...lol

Enjoy your featherweight.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,127
Points 28,535
Wendy replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 9:35 PM | Locked

It's here It's here!!!!!!!

This is my new baby.  She arrived today. Can't wait to use her. I have to get a few more things before I can use her for quilting.

• | Post Points: 80
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,388
Points 46,845
Angele replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 9:49 PM | Locked

Bella,

Thanks for putting that website      with the reading sample on it.   I saved it so I can read it later.  I perused it and loved what I saw.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,388
Points 46,845
Angele replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 9:55 PM | Locked

Wendy Congratulations on receiving your new baby.  Have fun using it!

Angèle  from NWO

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 10:18 PM | Locked

Help all EQ7 users - Being as I am computer challenged at times, I have a question to ask.  In the EQ7 User Manual, it states under Grant of License " that one may use this Software on a single computer, but may transfer it to another computer as long as it is used on only one computer at a time".   So does this mean that I can load it onto a new Laptop that I plan to pick up tomorrow ?   Personally, I am lucky to be able to use one computer at a time, certainly wouldn't have two up and running at the same time.

This is one of the reasons I wanted a laptop, so that I could use it in my sewing room and elsewhere in the house instead of being tied to the PC.  I also wanted one for getting my email while traveling, playing POGO games while traveling and having the ability to have a PC right next to my sewing machine when watching Leah Day tutorials and other tutorials on YouTube.

When they say "transfer", would they mean that you can't download it from the disk to a new machine but would have to use one of those thumb drives or whatever they are called?   Sorry for sounding so stupid but I am really confused and will take any info I can get.  Thanks!

Posting this here to as I know it is followed by more people than the EQ7 thread.

MargeP

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 374
Points 9,355
Nan replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 10:32 PM | Locked

I just got Summer(???) issue of Easy Quilts and they had a photo of a beautiful mystery quilt by MnNancy.

Now I am thinking this has to be our Mn Nancy but I do not remember and mention of another famous person??? Love the quilt.

I made my Dr Suess design out of 1/4 yd fabrics 10 different fabrics, 2 of each one(took out the one that was grinch Christmas). I have accuquilt so I was able to use 4 1/2 inch die cutter and carefully put 1/4 yd down and cut them with just a hair off each side, then i cut 2 1/2 strips of bright red and sewed them WOF alternating, then 4 1/2 inch border around all of it in red. I have enough to make 2nd quilt same way. Way quick and easy, cut whole 2 quilts worth in like 30 mins which included pressing fabric that had been wrapped on bolt wrinkled. And nothing to match. This kinda of quilting motivates me as I can see results quickly.

LQS has an accuquilt club, I joined on first Thurs of each month so that will be this week. March almost here. MY grandmother would always say ' and then 4th of July then it will be Christmas right behind it"  Remember how long time it was when we were young and the weeks would just go on forever.

Bella, my Mom used to beg me to marry a lawyer or a dentist as my family always needed both!!!

Hope every looking for a job can find one that is a perfect fit.

Nan

Cleveland, TN

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 622
Points 10,625
abcd replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 10:32 PM | Locked

Thank you so much, Angele!  Now I have to tell you something, you called me "Belle" and you know what?  That is my actual given name! I go by "Bella" because we are an Italian family, and my grandfather called me that from the beginning (as well as all the other grandchildren) and with me it really stuck! It stuck so much that I did NOT know my name was "BELLE" until I had to get my birth certificate to get my driver's license when I was 16, and of course, I was already used to being called "BELLA".... Now, as I am older, many of my friends call me "Belle" as a nick-name, but it is actually my REAL name!  :D 

Page 236 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 234 235 236 237 238 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use