Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up To Today? #5

Page 234 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 232 233 234 235 236 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 9,870 Replies | 67 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 622
Points 10,625
abcd replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 5:28 PM | Locked

And thank YOU, Thea!  It just feels so good to know that friends who I have never even met are happy for me!  Phew! And I am so relieved about this turn of events.... I was so afraid I was going to fall into the depths of despair....  :D

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,260
Points 28,490
Agnes replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 5:29 PM | Locked

Marge (AKA Dimples):
the sound being so loud did me in.

I fully understand. I am avoiding all kinds of situations because the same happens to me. The church organists seem to think there is only one volume--the louder the better so forget theaters and places known to be loud.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 622
Points 10,625
abcd replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 5:33 PM | Locked

Marge (AKA Dimples):

Congratulations on the new job Bella.  I hoep you really like working there.  My DIL worked for an attorney for quite a while before she got her "work out of her home " job with Nestle' Foods. 

Thanks, Marge!  I just got home from work for the day, and I really like both attorneys. The "senior counsel" lady is about 70, and she has Parkinson's disease.  She said she wanted to get something like this going while she still could, and that she was in good company with Michael J. Fox.  She says she isn't going to let it get to her.  All I could do was think about the sadness I had been feeling about not having a job, and here she is just struggling to walk... I think I am going to love it there....  :D

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 5:39 PM | Locked

Did laundry today and worked on making 9 patches with the squares that I brought home from LQS sew day.  Jeanne plans to alternate these 9 patch blocks with blocks of some fabric for a Humane Society fund raiser quilt.  I think I will look through my stash and see if I have anything that will work.  That way i could take a completed top in to her next month.  I don't remember if I have any doggie fabric that will go with them.

After our lunch David Jr and I took all the trash up to the recycling center while Dave went to the podiatrist.  Then we made a run to the post office and Lowe's.  While we were on the road, Todd called.  He has filled out all of his paperwork and passed his drug test so tomorrow he will start learning the routes.  And the nice thing is that today counted as his first day at work!  I know that he has been concerned as he hasn't worked for Donovan for two weeks now so he had no money coming in.  He sounded so relieved.   

When we got back home. I had David Jr out picking up the trimmings that Dave cut off the holly bushes and take them to the burn pile and I baked cookies while finishing up the laundry.  Had a package of peppermint sugar cookie dough in the freezer that I pulled out when I got the pork chops out to thaw for our dinner.  House smells so good - just like Christmas all over again.  :o) 

Tomorrow, David Jr has to go up to the recruiting center to do some online courses and then stay for PT training.  Since it would be probably 2 1/2 hours of sitting there waiting on him I think I'll just let him take my car so I can stay home and sew.  :o)  Dave will be off doing taxes so the house will be nice and quiet.  Then I plan to go to the LQS on Weds. for a Project Linus sew day.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 622
Points 10,625
abcd replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 5:40 PM | Locked

Kris:

Bella,

congratulations to you on your new job and to your son for the book. I looked him up on the B&N website. Sounds like a good story.

Thanks, Kris!  I think it is a VERY good story!  Kevin did his homework, and got all the facts down as to what it was like living in Colorado in the 1950s, especially with the racial issues of the day, which were very different than the way other parts of the nation dealt with them.  Here is a link to the website that has another link in the middle of the page that tells you to "READ A READING SAMPLE HERE", and let me know if you like it, please!  :

http://thelibrary.ninjanezumi.com/johnrocket/

It is "Volume 1" as he wants to continue to write about Clarence, his wife, and her teen age niece who has come to live with them.  It is mostly a vigilante/family story, BUT - he has a JET pack (I said a back pack, but I was wrong!), and the teen girl has been molested, after which her father threw her out of the house because of the "stigma" so Clarence and his wife take her in, AND the teen girl has a friend who is a were-wolf type creature (not really a bad one, but you would have to read it to see), and Clarence/John has to fight ninjas! And the Nazi party! and I just think it is good!  So take a closer look , and let me know what you think.... :D  and thanks for the good wishes on the job! I have prayed so hard... and see? prayers are answered sometimes just the way you need them to be!  :D

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 5:42 PM | Locked

My Dad had Parkinson's, Bella so I can "feel" for that attorney.  Good for her for not giving up on life.  That is sorta what my Dad did, bless his heart.  He lived for about 10 years after his initial diagnos.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 622
Points 10,625
abcd replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 5:57 PM | Locked

Yes, Marge, I know we ALL know the fable about "learning to walk in another person's shoes" but it seems we all still need to have a good reminder now and then... it will always make our own problems feel so small.... 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 6:00 PM | Locked

Yes, just on Sunday, one of my class mates asked me "What was that disease that Dave had?"  I told her it was Guillian Barre' Syndrome.  She told me that's what she thought he had dealt with and then said she knew someone that just had to be put into a nursing home because he had never completely recovered from it as Dave has.  When we go to the annual get-together for the GBS / CIDP group, we come away so humbled that Dave has recovered so well after seeing what some of the others are dealing with. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 622
Points 10,625
abcd replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 6:26 PM | Locked

It is stuff like this that makes you know you really have "an angel on your shoulder"...... 

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 6:27 PM | Locked

chocake2:

You asked for it Maggie --3 flat fish (on one the bracelet) 3 bead press beads (2 purple and one blue) a couple of bunnies; an off mandrel pendent with a water-lily(Sorta) in it; and a pair of ear rings.  All told it's Proof that i have no future as a photographer.

CC:  Don't sell yourself short - you are an awesome artist -- I love all of your beads!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 6:30 PM | Locked

Linda, I am so glad you made it home safely and I hope uneventfully -- will go over to your blog when I get a chance to catch up with you. 

Sorry about the shootings at your cousins' school.  That is so frightening. 

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 6:35 PM | Locked

Just got home.  First went to doctor who believes I sprained by back in 2 places and sent me to lab for x-rays to be sure.  Ouch - those tables are hard and they expect you to just roll over on your side -- haha -- after that had to go to a medical supply to get fitted for a brace - aka torture device.  In middle of all this my van wouldn't start so had to stop and buy a new battery.   Irritating but compared to what everyone else is going through, I am pretty darn fortunate.

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,354
Points 414,909
gini replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 6:36 PM | Locked

Nan, you could write a soap opera with all the misadventures of your son,   Maddie is lucky to have you.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,354
Points 414,909
gini replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 6:37 PM | Locked

Cc your beads are really cute

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,354
Points 414,909
gini replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 6:38 PM | Locked

Nana:

Woo Hoo    Tinkerbell the little featherweight has arrived.   She is a real beauty.

Yes she is. Congrats on your new baby

gini in north idaho

Page 234 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 232 233 234 235 236 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use