Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up To Today? #5

Page 233 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 231 232 233 234 235 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 9,870 Replies | 67 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 4:36 PM | Locked

gini:

Spud, I'm sorry to hear you've had a bad day.  I hope tomorrow is a good one for you

Thanks gini, I've been working on the biding on Maggie's quilt. I'm going to have to wait until Kent gets here to do anything on the frame, it is not quite level yet.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 4:37 PM | Locked

Kris:

Spud,

I'm glad you got you machine set up again. Sorry you had a bad day though. Here's hoping fro a better tomorrow.

Thanks Kris, I have done a little today and am feeling much better.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 4:40 PM | Locked

chocake2:
Spud, please feel better today.

Thanks CC

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 4:42 PM | Locked

Nana:

Woo Hoo    Tinkerbell the little featherweight has arrived.   She is a real beauty.

Wow, she is beautiful Nana

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 4:42 PM | Locked

Congrats on your new job Belle

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 4:56 PM | Locked

MNnancy:

Anyone else watching the Oscars?  I'm not used to watching live TV.  Normally we record our shows so we can zip through commercials.  After a couple hours it occurred to me that I could be reading the forums here during the commercials.  They're getting ready to announce the top prizes pretty soon now.  I haven't seen too many of these shows yet.  We're too cheap to go to the theater - we see most movies after they come out on DVD.  

Nancy - you guys sound like Dave and me.  We do the same thing.  I think we have run put of stuff that we recorded and may actually have to watch some "live" TV tonight.  :o)   I actually got sick to my stomach the last time Dave and I went to the theater.  We saw one of the Bourne movies and all the action and the sound being so loud did me in.  We had planned to go out to eat afterwards but I made Dave take me home.  I would hate to see how one of those 3D movies would effect me.  :o)

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,650
Nana replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 4:58 PM | Locked

Thanks Spud.  I need to find a free corner on my sewing table so that I can put Tinkerbell thru her paces. 

Vinton, Virginia

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,537
Points 21,100
Margaret Weber replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 5:02 PM | Locked

Wow, I have missed so much in the last few days. 

My life just keeps getting crazier.  Friday started out so strange.  When DH's alarm went off I got up to make his lunch but felt a little yucky.  My legs had been so acky on Thursday night I didn't sleep well so I thought I was just tired.  I took some tylenol and went back to bed.

When I woke up I happened to check my facebook account and it said that I had a message.  Well I was shocked because it was from DH's daughter, he has 2 that are estranged.  Long story but it has to do with thier mom, who I refer to as the wicked b***h of the east.  Their mom had tried to put herself in the midddle of our marriage and I am not going to go into all of it but at one time his youngest daughter was friends with both of us on facebook, then got mad at her dad and we haven't directly heard from her until now.  She couldn't message her dad on facebook and asked if I would pass along the message that she wants to speak to him.  Long story short, she wants to have a relationship with her dad and for that I am thankful.  He has been hurt by this estragement from his daughters, all revolving around their mom teaching them that he was only good for money and that is all they needed from him.  He paid outrageous child support and she always wanted more money.  I have spoken to this women and there is no love loss between me and her.

Well, this coming after DH's comment about adopting, and I know that comment came because he was thinking of the children he had but no relationship with, and also he is worried about what will happen with his son now that his mom is getting remarried.  He has nothing to worry about, his son is a great kid and loves his dad.

I told DH that I had always held out hope that his youngest would seek out a relationship, but I want it understood that if it is about getting money and then disappearing from his life again, I won't let it happen.  I am tired of his being hurt by his daughters.

Well with this on Friday I was also slammed with the flu major bad.  I slept all day and by mid-afternoon I had a temp of 103.9.  Needless to say I spent all weekend recouping.  Then today I was supoosed to get my CA drivers license, round 2.  Well round 2 didn't go any better then round 1.  As it turns oout CA won't even accept the original birth certificate that I have because it doesn't have a seal on it.  I have used this for everything I needed a birth certificate for and it is the original copy, it even says so, but the lady insissited it was a copy.  Okay fine, CA's loss.  Went to DH's office and he had started to fill out the form form Montana vitial records to get a sealed copy.  We copied my birth certificate and I wrote that it wasn't acceptable in CA without the seal.  So now I play the waiting game.

On the house front, DH was filling out papers he got from escrow and when the realator responded to his questions he had she mentioned that they had May 15th as the unoffiicial closing date.  What a wait, but I guess we knew that was coming, I just want to get settled and at this point so does DH.

This week I plan to quilt and just de-stress from all of this.

Margaret

• | Post Points: 65
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 5:04 PM | Locked

Thea:
I remember wondering what was happening with my DIL and son

With me it was my daughter and SIL. They had a tempestuous first few years. So much so that when his sister went to Australian and brought back boomerangs for gifts my daughters MIL said “you brought them WEAPONS???" Fortunately they are very much together and happy. Only took three years. Three very active, busy years.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 5:05 PM | Locked

Congratulations on the new job Bella.  I hoep you really like working there.  My DIL worked for an attorney for quite a while before she got her "work out of her home " job with Nestle' Foods. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,650
Nana replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 5:10 PM | Locked

Margaret

Sorry that you had such a rough weekend.  Hope you are feeling lots better today.   Also hope that DH's daughter is going to play nice this time.   Good luck on the house...sorry it is going to take so long.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 5:18 PM | Locked

I really like the fish and the bunny CC.  You are getting really good at this bead making stuff.  I still remember your first attempt. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 5:19 PM | Locked

Nana - that featherweight is beautiful!! Really great condition. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 5:25 PM | Locked

Margaret - sorry you were under the weather all weekend.  Isn't government bureaucracy so much fun to deal with?  :o(  Hopefully you will be able to get everything straightened out soon. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 622
Points 10,640
abcd replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 5:27 PM | Locked

Barbara:

WTG Bella ,for you and your son. Barbara

Thanks, Barbara!  It has been a long time coming....  :D  I have been without a solid job since 2008....

Page 233 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 231 232 233 234 235 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use