Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up To Today? #5

Page 231 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 229 230 231 232 233 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 9,870 Replies | 67 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 622
Points 10,640
abcd replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 11:13 AM | Locked

and thank YOU, CC!  I am absolutely beside myself!  I feel like I am a school girl going back to school.... ah well!  See what the wealthy miss when they don't have to "work" for it?

(I just wish I had a wonderful hubby who would like to wrap me in a bear hug!  Mine just ended up being more of a bear!)  :(

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,929
Points 248,687
Thea replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 11:22 AM | Locked

Marsha-SM:
Take care of yourself and hug your mother for us.
Marsha - thank you and give yourself a hug from us - we did miss the storms - it has been nice - a little chilly yesterday but almost 70 is great in my book for this time of year.  

Mom is doing so much better - she is just so cute right now - she is refusing to use her cane within the house as she says she can do it... but someone is right near her when she ventures out and about.  Cocoa her little toy long haired chihuahua is doing great with the big dogs too - she is 1st in and 1st out the door and is so adorable - when she comes in she runs from the back door - up the 3 stairs and races into front room to Mom to get her treat - she didn't go far from the back door at first but is starting to explore our huge back yard now - the shepherds keep an eye on her though so I know she won't get in any trouble without the barking starting...

It is horrible news out of Ohio today - so sad - our prayers go out to those families.  It is harder and harder to understand why these young kids have to try and kill schoolmates... but I am sure it will be all ironed out - this young person has my prayers.  I just talked to my friend Angela and she was telling me she is pulling her daughter out of school next year to be home schooled because the kids are just so mean and that the bullying has gone beyond - the school has had seminars and counseling for this class but nothing has helped and the parents of some of these students don't see any problems.  It all seemed so much easier when I went to school... I worry so much for my Grand kids and am so happy that my son and DIL live in a very small town - very old fashioned town.  

I didn't get up early this morning - my body shut down again and I just slept and slept - didn't hear Jay's alarm - didn't hear anything - guess it was about time... I still have so much to do and need to get a move on - I will just get a later start today.

I am glad not to be in NY for the storms - I had enough of snow while I was there - and was so glad when it left just in time for the drive back here... someone up there was watching out for me and they better not stop yet...teehee

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,775
Nana replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 11:33 AM | Locked

Bella

Really neat news on your son and his book.  You must be so proud.   Congratulations on the new job.  I hope it is everything that you want.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 622
Points 10,640
abcd replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 11:55 AM | Locked

Bless you for the kind wishes, Nana!  I hope so, too.  It is an office that has a lot of heart, as they want to help people who are in need.  Right up my alley!  I hope it is all for the best! And also thank you for the wishes for Kevin.  He has worked so hard! Now we have a couple of conventions to go to in order to: sell his board game, and also sell his book (the Starfest in April, like the star trek conventions, and also the Denver Comic Con...)  :D  I am going to be busy....  but that's a GOOD thing! :D

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 374
Points 9,355
Nan replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 11:57 AM | Locked

I just have to share this as I think I am ready for Jerry Springer show....yesterday DS is moving stuff into new house,,when DIL and her new best friend  Melissa show up to "help". DIL has bruised ribs from rough housing with the kids and has been to ER???? She is one of those who uses ER like her family DR!! So she is drugged up on hydrocodone. Melissa itht the new girlfrined of Victor. Victor is the guy DIL left wiith 2 yrs ago and brother to the guy she left with this time( Side note, this guy has now dumped her as being "crazy" Melissa has 13yo white daughter and 5 yo black daughter, and Victor is black. (This is not an issue except I live in a real southern town where mixing of races is not looked upon kindly.) So DS is struggling with furniture as his friend from work did not show, so Melissa calls Victor to come help DS move and he comes! I went down to meet the guy just to see if he looked like Denzel Washington or something, but he was average looking med sized guy. All 4 of them were holding their breath not knowing if I am going to say something or what. I had already yelled at DS for being dumber than dirt in the house!  Now if this is not talk show/reality show material I do not know what is. But as DS says they are all friends now(never in my lifetime) and at least he got stuff moved!

That was my dramatic weekend. No wonder Maddie is confused. I am old and I am confused!!

And my electrician is missing, and work needs to be finished. I was very samrt as I refused to pay him ofr entire ob on Friday, said he's get the rest once he finished!!

Then the clincher..DS took DIL home at 7p last night and said he was going to meet friends, come 7 am this morning he is not home. So I got Maddie up and to school and drove to DIL's place and yep his car was there, I banged on that door( I was not even positive which apt was hers) and he came to door looking like crap and started with the "I fell asleep and am so sorry". I swear if I was younger and healthier I would petition for custody. I was so mad!! And I am still pretty mad. He came right back here and worked on setting appliances in house. His story was they were talking, and he fell asleep. My comment was Did you never here of the phone?????

I am too old for all this stuff. And yes they both still want the divorce!!??

Nan

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,929
Points 248,687
Thea replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 12:04 PM | Locked

Nan - and I thought things were getting better for you with the whole DS - soon to be XDIL thing.  I hope they figure it out soon as it is one little girl that they are really messing with and hopefully you can shield her from most of it.  

One good thing - he did get the furniture moved - but that might be the only thing and at least he apologized...

I remember wondering what was happening with my DIL and son - they divorced and are now much more mature and doing well - getting remarried this summer - and I am happy about it - 4 years ago I wouldn't have said that was possible - but they have both worked hard to mature and are doing well - they bought a home together and are working hard at making their family be the greatest they can.  

I am praying hard for your family too!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,490
Points 39,215
Linda replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 12:24 PM | Locked

Thea, thank you for the prayers for the children in the Chardon, Ohio school. My cousins' children go to that school. She was a wreck until she got her children and knew they were safe. It is so hard to believe something like that could happen in smalltown USA. I was born in that town, once lived and worked in that town. I still can't believe it happened. It is a very quiet town. Believe me everyone is in shock including the principle, sheriff, staff, parents, and students....the whole town. Nothing like this has ever happened there. Much prayer is needed in the days and weeks ahead for the victims and the survivors. It wasn't a great homecoming.

Linda

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,135
Points 252,534
Barbara replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 12:50 PM | Locked

WTG Bella ,for you and your son. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,135
Points 252,534
Barbara replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 12:52 PM | Locked

thank you Joyce. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,775
Nana replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 1:01 PM | Locked

Linda

I am thankful that your cousin's children are alright.  Such tragedy.  The town is in my prayers.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,135
Points 252,534
Barbara replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 1:05 PM | Locked

My heart goes out to all those kids and families in Ohio, what an awful thing to happen. they are going to need lots of help after this . Just terrible .Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,760
Sukochi replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 1:06 PM | Locked

Linda:
for the children in the Chardon, Ohio school

Linda, what happened to these children?

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,760
Sukochi replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 1:08 PM | Locked

Nan:
I just have to share this as I think I am ready for Jerry Springer show

I am thinking Dr. Phil. He would straighten their butts out....or kick them anyway.!!1

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 1:08 PM | Locked

You asked for it Maggie --3 flat fish (on one the bracelet) 3 bead press beads (2 purple and one blue) a couple of bunnies; an off mandrel pendent with a water-lily(Sorta) in it; and a pair of ear rings.  All told it's Proof that i have no future as a photographer.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 110
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,135
Points 252,534
Barbara replied on Mon, Feb 27 2012 1:10 PM | Locked

CC,very pretty, I know nothing about making jewerly so I can just see they are very pretty.barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Page 231 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 229 230 231 232 233 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use