Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up To Today? #5

Page 226 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 224 225 226 227 228 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 9,870 Replies | 67 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,650
Points 49,185
Debbie-do replied on Sat, Feb 25 2012 11:25 PM | Locked

Nan:  http://www.thequiltdepartment.com/Urban-Cowgirl-Urban-Chiks-Moda-Fabrics-s/272.htm

Southwest of San Antonio

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Sat, Feb 25 2012 11:46 PM | Locked

Thanks Nana and Barbara - I've never hurt my back before so I may just sit in this chair and not mov for a couple of months  LOL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,715
Nana replied on Sat, Feb 25 2012 11:52 PM | Locked

Maggie

Now you have to get out of that chair soon so that you can go to the quilt show the end of the week.  You and Marlene will have to be able to tell us all about the show and quilts and vendors.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Sun, Feb 26 2012 12:06 AM | Locked

Maggie:
I felt/heard a pop/crack in my spine in my lower back.

Maggie

OMG- I cannot believe what you did to your back! It hurts me reading your post not to mention what it did to you.  You are in my thoughts and prayers. What about an ice pack on it? Will that help it? I do hope it gets better fast !! Hopefully the meds will help it mend.  Good idea to go to the Dr Monday if its not better. LMK if I can help you in anyway.

Get better soon!! we-got the quilt show on Mar 10!!

Many get well soon hugs

Marlene

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Sun, Feb 26 2012 12:32 AM | Locked

I'm not very good at sitting still.    As long as I keep my back straight I don't hurt -- just stiff.   Walking doesn't seem to bother me so I'll definitely beable to walk around the quilt show wilth Marlene.  Although she makes me laugh so much I just might reinjure myself.   

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,543
Points 48,430
Frances replied on Sun, Feb 26 2012 12:41 AM | Locked

Hi Marlene, and Maggie,

Dont forget to take lots of photos at the quilt show for those of us who have never seen an American Quilt show, and i hope you have a wonderful time.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,528
Points 376,462
Kris replied on Sun, Feb 26 2012 2:13 AM | Locked

Maggie,

sorry to hear you hurt your back. I know how bad that can feel. Sitting actually puts more pressure on your back than standing (especially if your posture is bad) so it would help to walk around a bit.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,528
Points 376,462
Kris replied on Sun, Feb 26 2012 2:14 AM | Locked

Nana:

Well guys now I don't feel so good anymore.   I just went to the grocery store....geesh.  That is such a job and all that money.  Just think of all the fabric I could have bought.

Nana,

going to the grocery store is one of my least favourite things to do. Even when I've run out of food. LOL.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,639
Points 418,679
gini replied on Sun, Feb 26 2012 2:18 AM | Locked

maggie, i'm sorry you hurt your back.  mine goes out occasionally, and it's no fun.

gini in north idaho

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,175
Points 22,395
Beth Weigt replied on Sun, Feb 26 2012 5:43 AM | Locked

Maggie - TAKE CARE!!!  We don't want you hurting any more.

Beth from Illinois

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,760
Sukochi replied on Sun, Feb 26 2012 5:50 AM | Locked

Blessed Sunday, All.  Prayer out to those who are not sleeping, are hurting, are sad, are running themselves ragged, etc.

DH got the final path report yesterday. NOT colon cancer!! Thank you, Jesus. But, he need to be on a vegetarian diet. Yuck!. How do you live without meat?  I don't like veggies much and no fat? hahaha.  Not gonna happen. So, I ate three of the little white donuts for breakfast. After all, someone has to get fat and meat out of the house. Looks like that will have to be ME. Gee, what a shame.

Cold this a.m. and have Church. Guess I better wear my big coat. I don't like big coats.  But gotta go.  Our Pastor emails and says "See you tomorrow". I wish he wouldn't do that. Guilt trip if I don't feel up to it.

Still have my hives. Doc put me on Prednisone. My face will puff up, I will gain weight and my clothes won't fit. Oh, my gosh! I have hives on my face. That will be attractive.

Pray for our son, Bobby. He works at a restaurant across the street from the Amway Center. They are having a big NBA to-do today. Lil Wayne rented an empty hall down the street for a big party last night. The NBA rented the  restaurant  Bobby works at.. He said they have to wear all black and had to give ID so they could pass security today. Several roads are blocked off today. I asked if he gets to go out to the dining room/bar to see who is there. He said nope has to stay in the kitchen. Not fair. There is going to be some very big names there. I feel so sorry for him having to work thaat huge party.

Have a blessed day. Get some quilting done and eat fat and meat for DH. ttly. 

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,528
Points 376,462
Kris replied on Sun, Feb 26 2012 6:29 AM | Locked

Great news about your DH Sukochi. Now you can rest easy.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,347
Points 30,575
Agnes replied on Sun, Feb 26 2012 6:49 AM | Locked

Kris:
Sitting actually puts more pressure on your back than standing

Maggie--Sorry you hurt your back. No fun at all. I was advised to lie on my back when I hurt mine because sore backs need to have the pressure released in order to heal. That would help it heal the fastest. Ice packs and Ibuprofen were my constant companions for a while. Then it became a long stint of manipulations, massage therapy and exercises. Have you ever tried hand sewing while flat on your back? When there is a will there is a way but I turned to reading mostly. Take care of yourself.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,799
Points 31,700
Annie replied on Sun, Feb 26 2012 10:11 AM | Locked

I have a dilemma:

I have committed to walk a half marathon with may daughter and a friend and also signed up to attend a workshop featuring Maggie Ball, Bargello quilts with a twist. I can't attend both unfortunately.  

I am leaning toward the workshop. My daughter would understand, she has others to walk with, but my friend won't be as understanding. 

Am I being to selfish wanting to attend the workshop??

• | Post Points: 65
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 374
Points 9,355
Nan replied on Sun, Feb 26 2012 10:20 AM | Locked

Carolml and Debbie, Thanks for the bunny help. Now I got them all. I found this months bunnies were more difficult for me. Almost decided not to even try.

Maggie, Hope your back is not seriously damaged.

Hope everyone gets over their sickness and on to happy quilting. Annie, I would go for the workshop.

Well February is almost over, for a short month it always seems long to me. Looking forward to spring. Winter is not my season.

Got to start my retreat blocks for Smoky Mtn. Have them designed in my head but need to put them together for real.

Happy Quilting!

Nan

Cleveland, TN

Page 226 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 224 225 226 227 228 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use