Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up To Today? #5

Page 224 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 222 223 224 225 226 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 9,870 Replies | 67 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,106
Points 109,560
chocake2 replied on Sat, Feb 25 2012 11:42 AM | Locked

gini:

Hay!  CC, hay! You were supposed to jump in the hay pile.   How did you mistake poo for hay?    The poo is for finding worms.

All they had was hay BALES. Those ain't any softer then your snow.   ...And poo is for throwing. Don't believe me?  Just aske the Monkeys at the zoo.  Altho I'll grant you that it's also great for growing worms and mushrooms.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 1
Points 20
Denise MacColeman replied on Sat, Feb 25 2012 12:22 PM | Locked

Good morning folks

I was trying to find a "thread of the month" club. Any ideas?

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,344
Points 414,814
gini replied on Sat, Feb 25 2012 12:37 PM | Locked

hi denise,  welcome to the group.   you have found quilters club of america and as far as i know, there isn't a thread of the month club here.  what is a thread of the month club?   is it referring to sewing thread or posting threads?   we have a lot of fun here , so i hope you stick around and introduce yourself to everyone. this is a great group of quilters

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,344
Points 414,814
gini replied on Sat, Feb 25 2012 12:38 PM | Locked

http://www.superiorthreads.com/other/thread-of-the-month-club/

denise, is this what you are looking for?

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,344
Points 414,814
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,650
Points 135,977
Leslie replied on Sat, Feb 25 2012 1:19 PM | Locked

Denise, welcome

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,106
Points 109,560
chocake2 replied on Sat, Feb 25 2012 3:56 PM | Locked

Whoof... what a day.  

I worked on our taxes a bit but got stumped as to whether we qualify for a 1st time homebuyer credit or not. Gotta put that on the back burner until I can clearify that little detail.  *Sigh.*

DD decided to sand some more on her walls today. The previous owner  had painted them without sanding the joints on the sheet-rock, so her walls look bumpy where the dry-wall sheets meet. I told her to buff that all up before she paints and it'll look a whole lot nicer when we put on the new color. She wanted two walls darker then the others and since she had them all smoothed over I let her go ahead and start painting. Well, she's "totally jazzed",  and "in her zone" so now instead of going with two colors, she's decided to paint the whole thing with  just the darker color. (Good thing I bought extra!!) I wonder if she'll get the whole thing painted before Monday? She's really going after it. I'm glad she's loving the color I got her -- I thought it was a bit drab myself, but hey, once she paints her murals all over it, it won't matter! LOL

While she's been doing that (with frequent trips to ask me for advice) I've been out in the shop, supervising the boys and their fly tying, as well as making a few beads. I saw a tutorial some months back for "Flat fish" and wanted to try it --seemed like a good time to make fishy beads since the fellas are all wrapped up in their dreams of catching the big one. The best part? I can play with my colors all I want, going from predictable combinations to out-landish. The beads don't care. Hehehe

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,460
Points 361,947
Kris replied on Sat, Feb 25 2012 5:28 PM | Locked

Pat Lancaster:
I have been reading the posts without to much commenting. I could spend hours on here everyday if I let myself. Unfortunately I would not get anything else done. So, I am somewhat of a lurker these days.

Thanks for checking in Pat. I hope you get some pain relief really soon.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sat, Feb 25 2012 5:54 PM | Locked

MNnancy:

chocake2:
Seems like I only just told you all  about Sprout! I REALLY need to get 'his' quilt quilted and start ordering lace for a christening gown!

CC, everyone seems to be taking this comment in stride.  Did I miss something earlier announcing the gender of dear little "Sprout?"  I thought it was to be a mystery?

Uh folks - there are a lot of families that put EVERY baby in a christening gown.  It has nothing to do with the baby's gender.  I think CC is still sticking to her guns about waiting until the happy moment to find out whether they are blessed with a girl or a boy.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Sat, Feb 25 2012 6:01 PM | Locked

gini:
 I tried jumping off the house once into the snow, when I was a kid

Gini

That so sounds like you. No wonder you took to skiing like a duck to water. I hope you are feeling better.

On the applique side I did look for your favorite applique book (Newman) at a bookstore here but they didn't have it. I really like all the reviews on it. It sounded fantastic. I figured it I got it b4 retreat and read it and practiced maybe just maybe some of it would sink in. And I wouldn't be a complete idiot in our classes. : )

Feel Better hugs!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sat, Feb 25 2012 6:10 PM | Locked

chocake2:
I worked on our taxes a bit but got stumped as to whether we qualify for a 1st time homebuyer credit or not. Gotta put that on the back burner until I can clearify that little detail.  *Sigh.*
CC - I checked on this with my own personal AARP tax advisor (lovingly known as DH) And he checked in his books.  The credit is no longer available for "regular" people. It "may" still be available for some military / foreign service or intelligence community people.  Sorry!

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Sat, Feb 25 2012 6:11 PM | Locked

Marge and CC

A christening gown is a wonderful tradition for babies- it is so sweet. They look so beautiful in them.  This is a wonderful tradition and even my  late Daddy had one!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,750
Nana replied on Sat, Feb 25 2012 6:12 PM | Locked

Well guys now I don't feel so good anymore.   I just went to the grocery store....geesh.  That is such a job and all that money.  Just think of all the fabric I could have bought.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sat, Feb 25 2012 6:14 PM | Locked

I haven't been on line for a couple of days. Just haven't felt like messing with the computer.  So that being said, you all know how far behind I am on what has been going on around here.

Gini - please stay in one piece for the VA Beach trip!!!! 

Barb - congrats on your name being chosen. 

Thea - hang in there.  Hopefully the lawyer that you are seeing is well versed in elder law.  Sounds like you and Jay are doing everything you can to make your Mom feel welcome in your home. 

Spud - glad you seem to be tolerating your treatments.  Also - I saw your purple bear over in another thread.  He's a cutie. 

Sorry if I missed anyone but consider the source :o)

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sat, Feb 25 2012 6:16 PM | Locked

Marlene - have you checked for the book Gini recommended on Amazon.  Often you can find a bargain over there. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Page 224 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 222 223 224 225 226 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use