Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up To Today? #5

Page 209 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 207 208 209 210 211 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 9,870 Replies | 67 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Tue, Feb 21 2012 1:55 PM | Locked

Diana:
Guess I'm getting grumpy in my old age. 

Its the only time we can get away with it.  if your young, you get told to smarten up.  We are smart so we can be grumpy.  I do it for practice sometimes.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 374
Points 9,355
Nan replied on Tue, Feb 21 2012 2:32 PM | Locked

It is 60 here and sunny but so windy. I needed to get gas and pumping it the wind was so cold I stopped at $20. Got 2 inches cut off hair as it was just too long, still long enough but got rid of dead ends. I hate them. Massage was heavenly but I have found I hold my breath during it. I got so relaxed I don't breathe then I have to take deep breaths! So silly. Had to go to Staples to buy ink for printer as I only had some blue and black left and each quilt pattern I printed off was pale blue with black!

Supposed to get the white squares for quilt for school when I pick up Maddie from computer lab at 4p. Going to put sashing on and freezer paper and go back to school on Thurs to trace kids hands. The border fabric should have come today but did not so hopefully tomorrow. Ordered it from Hancock's of Paducah on 2/14 and they did not even charge credit card till 2/20. I find that disappointing. Figured as a large store they would be prompt. Used to all the other shipping the next day.

Hoping construction on new place will be finished by Friday. Plumber comes tomorrow and electrician will finish up then too. Contractor has not given me prices for stuff for my house yet..maybe he does not want to work for me anymore??!!

I stayed up late looking for those darn bunnies last night and am tired today. This month I will never find them all. Some even with clues make no sense, I am trying just to get to the 140 mark. I need 20 more and should get them this evening. Seemed so hard this time and many new stores. Just was not fun this month for me.

Groupon here offered 75% off 2 months at the YMCA. and now they do not say family they now say household so I bought a pass for me and Maddie. Previously they have insisted I needed 2 memberships as grandmother did not count but now since she lives here it counts with their new rules!! Makes much more sense these days with extended family and all. So Maddie will be so excited as they has both indoor and outdoor pool and she loves to swim. Might even be able to get swimming lessons, as she is self taught and could use some lessons. She is like a fish with water.

Happy quilting!

Nan

Cleveland, TN

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 116
Points 2,005
abcquilting@yahoo.com replied on Tue, Feb 21 2012 2:36 PM | Locked

I worked this AM on the binding-sewing the back. I hope to get some sewing done on the pieces to an applique block I am working on in a BOM group at the local sewing store. Bettie

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,542
Points 51,250
Ginny replied on Tue, Feb 21 2012 3:04 PM | Locked

Sukochi, I will put your husband in my prayers, but I think I had better pray for his lazy Doc. too.  There is no possible reason for him to have to see the results of the biopsy before starting to treat his anemia.  He may be anemic for some other reason that needs to be looked into but My Word--treat the man before he dies of extreme anemia.  That in itself can be affecting his heart.....Ginny 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Tue, Feb 21 2012 3:52 PM | Locked

Joni came over for a while this morning.  She was going to buy a pen to sign her blocks and I told her I had a whole dern set and just come over.  I really like her blocks.  She also brought two baby quilt tops she has finished to show me.  They are really pretty!!!  I fiddled around with scraps again.  I really need to get back to some real quilting and other projects I have on the back burner. 

Turned out to be a nice day.  After Hubby got home from doing taxes, we took the dogs for a walk  Tasha and the little pup from next door joined us.  The pup couldn't figure out why all those dogs inside the fences were barking at him.  He just stood there wagging his tail at them. 

I talked to David Jr.  I thought I was going to have to take him for PT training today but he said not until Thurs.  I asked him if he changed his mind about staying with us after I told him our terms Monday.  He said "No, I am just doing up all my laundry over here."  Good kid - saving me water!  :o)

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Tue, Feb 21 2012 6:13 PM | Locked

Thea, Welcome home. I pray you and your mom quickly settle into a comfortable routine.

Sukochi, hope hubby feels better soon.

Diana, just how old do I have to be before I'm allowed to be grumpy?

I am just home from "work" (Is it still called work if your are a volenteer?).  I'm pooped.  I got there at 9:30 and found myself all alone in the shop. Had to go find the bossman and find out what was on the schedule today. We spent 3 hours cleaning up gypsum dust  from the sheet-rock -- barely made a dent in it -- before the contractor finally showed up with the paint/supplies.  the crew all wanted lunch so they took off and left me alone in the shop once everything was unloaded. Just think of the mischief I coulda gotten into while they were gone... All that paint and no supervision! Alas, Dh arrived with my meal and saved me from myself. I did get the lady's potty primed (A person has to have priorities!) as well as one wall of "my" giftshop. By then  my hand was going numb, despite my wrist brace, so I figured I'd better call it a day. Home with ice on the wimpy arm and primer splattered in my hair. Life is good...

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Tue, Feb 21 2012 6:17 PM | Locked

chocake2:
Diana, just how old do I have to be before I'm allowed to be grumpy?

If you have to ask, you arn't old enough. Its all about entitlement.  I am entitled.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,509
Points 30,695
Diana replied on Tue, Feb 21 2012 6:32 PM | Locked

I am way over the age of entitlement....lol   I figured it out. When you're old enough to collect Social Security, it's official.  So I've got the papers to prove it ....lol  I retired 9 years ago so I'm more than entitled...

Diana in East Tn. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,453
Points 243,837
Thea replied on Tue, Feb 21 2012 6:35 PM | Locked

Barbara:

Thea , yeah  I ended up with a brand new one ,Manufacture, didn't even try to fix it I guess. so guess I got lucky there . Hope you get some rest and the aches will let up some .and yes I got all my errands run.and my mouth is alittle sore from the dental visit. Barbara

f

awesome that they gave you a new one - something must have been radically the matter with that one - yep lucky - well maybe you just deserved a good break... 

I am trying to stay calm tonight - my brother sent my Mother a fantastically horrific letter today - I had gotten her signed up for online banking today and we found that during the time I was there he had written himself checks on her account adding up to $1000 - no phone call to her telling her he needed money to do something on the house - but hey - I was there cleaning the house so what did he do that cost money - anyway I had been working with the bank there and the bank here and we have transferred the last large amount of money she had - so when he writes another check he will wonder why they won't cash it... he is supposed to call her to tell her he needs money and what for - so I guess we need to get that lawyer and get that power of attorney rescinded - even after he said he didn't want her money...

then he made some nasty remarks about how he was amazed I didn't take the new windows since I took almost everything else - I didn't take anything - the things were moved here to be with my mother - the things she wanted - what she didn't want was given away or left in the house... the only thing I got was my piano which had been given me for my 11th birthday...

I am so so so upset - and DH says I just need to let it go - and I will but for tonight I want to stay a little mad and upset... 

I want Mom to be happy and comfortable and not in the nursing home he was putting her in!!!

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Tue, Feb 21 2012 6:40 PM | Locked

Well - I found every one of those little bunnies this month and didn't even have to beg Kris for help!  And the bonus bunny fairy beamed down on me - found 50 of them.  Of course I also found a lot of "oh that's pretty" stuff too. 

I moved the laptop out to the breakfast bar from the spare bedroom so I could play on it even after David Jr. comes.  Trying to get you butt up on a stool that twists and still be close enough to reach the keyboard is no easy task.  Now I remember why Dave and I decided it was easier to eat at the table.  :o)  Of course now I am fair game to a pair of kitty cats walking across the bar and curling their tails under my nose as they pass.  They think this is great fun!

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Tue, Feb 21 2012 6:43 PM | Locked

Hang tough Thea.  Just pray that old saying ---- "This too shall pass."  Hopefully some day soon you and your Mom can look back on all this and have a good laugh. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Tue, Feb 21 2012 7:09 PM | Locked

remember, Thea, God does not give us more than we can handle.  Every hurdle is a learning experience.

Sukochi

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,208
Points 16,210
Susan replied on Tue, Feb 21 2012 7:46 PM | Locked

Sukochi, My DH was having same symptoms as yours and because he had a heart attack 10 years ago he thought it was his heart. He also had shortness of breath. After blood work he was found to be very anemic, so they did a colonoscopy and endoscopy and found a bleeding blood vessel in his stomach. At his visit last week his blood has increased 6 liters in three months and he is back to his old self again. All he needed was a simple cauterization of the blood vessel. And we thought he needed a EKG!!!           If you have to go to a different Dr, He needs some Iron ASAP.  I will keep you in my prayers.   Susan, North, Florida

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,415
Points 415,724
gini replied on Tue, Feb 21 2012 8:03 PM | Locked

Thea:

I am so so so upset - and DH says I just need to let it go - and I will but for tonight I want to stay a little mad and upset... 

your husband has given you the best advice you can get.    your brother is not worth the grief he is causing you, and by the sound of things, he's likely to get a lot worse before and after  he figures out the the money has moved.   take a deep breath,   your mom is safe and you have her hundreds of miles away.   trust your god, trust your husband and trust yourself.   you did good, thea.  

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,831
Points 366,107
Kris replied on Tue, Feb 21 2012 8:47 PM | Locked

chocake2:
Poor Kitty, Kris. I hope you got some sleep and are feeling better.

Chocake,

Thanks Chocake. The kitty is OK. She wasn't bleeding. My eyes were playing tricks on me. LOL 

I did manage to get some sleep after I took a sleeping pill. 

Page 209 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 207 208 209 210 211 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use