Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up To Today? #5

Page 122 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 120 121 122 123 124 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 9,870 Replies | 67 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Wed, Feb 1 2012 11:37 AM | Locked

Marge P.

Hope the eye problems clear up soon.  Eye irritation is just the pits.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Wed, Feb 1 2012 11:59 AM | Locked

Ms MoomMist:
Wahoo, January is almost over and we have had a very mild winter so far... 50 degrees here today. I live on the Great Lakes and we very seldom have Winters like this one.
We were all talking in the waiting room at the doctor's this morning about this crazy winter weather.  We are all "waiting for the other shoe to drop".   I still remember having a huge snowstorm in March that shut Georgia down for several days and having a snowstorm at Easter when I lived in Illinois.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Wed, Feb 1 2012 12:11 PM | Locked

Marie:

Kris:
I was a great teenager. No trouble at all. I was downright boring. I'm still waiting for my rebellion phase

Me too Kris but I know when my rebellion phase starts, VB.

Marie - I thought that was the stage you were in right now.  :o)

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Wed, Feb 1 2012 12:17 PM | Locked

Well I survived the "check under the hood" at the Doctor's this morning.  Knees don't spread as well as they used too so it was a bit of a challenge.  :o)  My bloodwork was back from last week and everything is great so I am good to go for a while.

After the Doctor's I ran to town for groceries.  I couldn't believe that it was under $100.  Haven't seen that in a LONG time.

Had a bite to eat, got my library list up to date on good ole' Darth and decided to check in here a bit before heading to the sewing room.  Quiet here as this is Dave's first day working for AARP on taxes.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 278
Points 5,200
kim replied on Wed, Feb 1 2012 12:39 PM | Locked

Marge (AKA Dimples):

Ms MoomMist:
Wahoo, January is almost over and we have had a very mild winter so far... 50 degrees here today. I live on the Great Lakes and we very seldom have Winters like this one.
We were all talking in the waiting room at the doctor's this morning about this crazy winter weather.  We are all "waiting for the other shoe to drop".   I still remember having a huge snowstorm in March that shut Georgia down for several days and having a snowstorm at Easter when I lived in Illinois.

Marge - Bite your tongue! I am perfectly happy with 50 deg in Jan and Feb.

Not Ranked
Posts 7
Points 50
Karla replied on Wed, Feb 1 2012 2:51 PM | Locked

Yeah, 50's on Ohio is really weird, won't say I don't like it. But yes, waiting for the other shoe to drop. Figure will be a wet and cold spring, but Mother Nature could surprise us all!

Am working on a bed runner, need to finish up and get last of quilting done and then I can go and put on new spred.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 428
Points 7,640
Kim Hanson replied on Wed, Feb 1 2012 3:02 PM | Locked

Hi Karla.  I would love to see your bed runner.  Are you making it from a pattern?

Kim in Canada

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Wed, Feb 1 2012 3:29 PM | Locked

The best laid plans of mice and quilters....

I actually had it worked out so I could work on the art quilt between loads of laundry and letting my morning's beads anneal... then DH woke up and announced  that 'we" needed to go to town. 

Ok... I juggled things a bit and took advantage of the trip to drop off  most of my teaching supplies at the studio, so it won't take me but a minute to get set up for my demo tonight.  That'll be kinda nice, since I was wondering how I was gonna do that and still have time to feed the kids.  And I figured I could still play with the quilt this afternoon.

But NO00o-oo... When we got home the phone was ringing. Could I rush and get some paperwork filed? "I know it's a week earlier then it was needed but it would make life so much easier...Blah-blah-blah."  So there's that to tend to,  and the laundry still needs folding.

So I sit down at my computer and as long as I'm here I check  my e-mail. There's a note from one of the local reporters, who noticed the art assoc meeting reminder in today's paper and thought my demo would be fascinating. Can she interview me about it afterwords??  Isn't enough that I have to muddle through public speaking without having to come up with warm fuzzy quotes for the fluff page!!?  And now I'll have to get all fluffed and buffed before the meeting! ARGH!!!!!

I need chocolate....

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Wed, Feb 1 2012 3:30 PM | Locked

MNnancy:
DH wants to stop in Springfield, Missouri to go to the largest woodworking store in the nation. I hope there's a quilt shop nearby. He's so funny - he recently joined an online woodworkers forum, and he said that they have an "off-topic" thread, and he thinks some of  these guys spend way more time on the computer than they do in their woodshops.  I laughed and said that would never happen on these quilting forums!  

Nope never we quilters are way to focused :)

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Wed, Feb 1 2012 3:31 PM | Locked

gini:

jiminies, spud, there wil be no stopping you now

I sure hope not!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Wed, Feb 1 2012 3:33 PM | Locked

Marge P:
Spud - powerful prayers coming your way for a clean CT Wednesday - hope you don't have to wait for the results.

I sure hope not Marge. I have a DR appt on Fri and was kind of surprised they scheduled it so close to the CT,  I usually have to wait at least a week for the results.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Wed, Feb 1 2012 3:35 PM | Locked

CC

Now you are going to be famous just like our Kris.  I don't know how all of us lesser beings can possibly keep up with you guys....LOL>    Have a great time at you demo tonight.  I know that you will be great.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Wed, Feb 1 2012 3:37 PM | Locked

Kris:

Spudgrandma:
My hubby suggested that I put the part your snap on in the window in the sun and let them warm up a bit and I think it really helped as I was able to snap them on by myself

What a great idea Spud. Your DH is a smart man.

He most definitely has his moments!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Wed, Feb 1 2012 3:38 PM | Locked

KATHY :

Spudgrandma:
How is your day going?

Thanks for asking Spudgrandma!  I didn't get to work on anything.  worked all day, then came home to a houseful of company and went to bed really late.

Will be praying for you today. hope all goes well

Sorry your day did not go well, hoping today is much better. Thanks for the prayers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Wed, Feb 1 2012 3:41 PM | Locked

chocake2:
Spud, I'll be sending you possitive thoughts while I meditate at the torch. ;)

chocake2:
I'm grumpy and disgruntled this mornin. Baby kicked all night so Momma didn't get much rest.

Thanks for the positive thoughts CC

Sorry you are not getting much rest, probably no chance of a nap?

Page 122 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 120 121 122 123 124 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use