Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up To Today? #5

Page 113 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 111 112 113 114 115 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 9,870 Replies | 67 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Tue, Jan 31 2012 5:42 AM | Locked

Spud, praying all will be good

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 143
Points 2,741
jodekema replied on Tue, Jan 31 2012 5:56 AM | Locked

Spud it is nice to see you back on here :) I have been checking in but not posting then I relized it has been almost a year.I didn't mean for it to be so long. I have been busy with work and traveling to see grandkids and sewing. Alot has happened since I last checked on you guys. Spud is posting again what great news. Does anyone have any updates on Diane?

Deb :)

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,519
Points 30,910
Diana replied on Tue, Jan 31 2012 6:09 AM | Locked

Today is going to be a busy day. Already did the breakfast thing.  Laundry this morning then make lunch.  After lunch, the sewing machine repairman will be coming to clean and service my two Bernina sewing machines.  It's nice that he does house calls....hehe   And he doesn't charge extra for it either.  But if he asked for extra for the gasoline, etc. I'd still pay it.  I hate being without a sewing machine.  How much pressing and cutting can you do and be satisfied?   Not all that much.

Diana in East Tn. 

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,581
Points 51,760
Ginny replied on Tue, Jan 31 2012 6:13 AM | Locked

Sending an extra prayer up for you to get good results from the ct scan, Spudgrandma....Ginny 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,307
Points 20,790
KATHY replied on Tue, Jan 31 2012 6:42 AM | Locked

wow!  Everyone had such events!  Here's hoping everyone will be better soon!  Prayers going up for each of you!

CLEVELAND, TEXAS

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,307
Points 20,790
KATHY replied on Tue, Jan 31 2012 6:51 AM | Locked

Has anyone discovered a way to make the weekends longer than the workweek?  LOL

gotta go to work today. Havent been able to work on anything in the last day or so.  sure wish I had had time though.  A co worker and I were comparing notes yesterday on how we could shorten the workweek where you would only work 2 days,  and be off 5 and still get a 40 hour check.....hmmmm we never did figure that one out but it was comical trying.

Hope everyone has a much better day and much better outcomes!

CLEVELAND, TEXAS

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280
Ms MoomMist replied on Tue, Jan 31 2012 7:05 AM | Locked

KATHY :

gotta go to work today. Havent been able to work on anything in the last day or so.  sure wish I had had time though.  A co worker and I were comparing notes yesterday on how we could shorten the workweek where you would only work 2 days,  and be off 5 and still get a 40 hour check.....hmmmm we never did figure that one out but it was comical trying.

Hope everyone has a much better day and much better outcomes!

LOL Kathy! I did that for 45 years and never got it until I retired... now, I work 60 to 80 hours a week and get a whole lot less that I did working 40... Guess I should have saved more, retirement is all it is cracked up to be (lol), but wouldn't change it for those hours away from home for any amount of money.

Solution: Enjoy each moment just for the moment!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,604
Points 48,215
Debbie-do replied on Tue, Jan 31 2012 7:15 AM | Locked

KATHY :

I think it's called retirement.  We'll get there one day Kathy!  ;o)

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,388
Points 37,625
Linda replied on Tue, Jan 31 2012 7:20 AM | Locked

Good morning everyone! Today is devoted to hand embroidering a Bible verse on my round robin block so it can be mailed in time when we get the list. I started last night and ended ripping everything out. Time for plan B...which stitch to use? My back stitching wasn't good last night. Thought about using a pigma pen and writing it on, but my hands are too shaky. I ended up writing it on water disolvable stabilizer...each word many times. I'm then going to embroider over it, then disolve the stablizer. I really want this verse on the block and can't think of anything else since I'm not in my own sewing room and don't have many resources where I'm staying. Any suggestions?

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,604
Points 48,215
Debbie-do replied on Tue, Jan 31 2012 7:33 AM | Locked

Prayers go out for all of you my friends... those who have fallen, and those who will fall... for your husbands, for your tests, for your children and grandchildren, for your itches and stitches and boots, for those bad days and sad moods... may God heal you, protect you, teach you, comfort you... He has certainly already blessed us all with the friendships and the comraderie and the learning here.  Praise God from whom all blessings flow...  (even tho they may not all seem like blessings at the time!)

I'm glad you're here!

Southwest of San Antonio

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 143
Points 2,741
jodekema replied on Tue, Jan 31 2012 7:50 AM | Locked

Thank you for the message Kathy. What a wonderful person with a sweet heart.

Deb

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Tue, Jan 31 2012 8:46 AM | Locked

Good Morning!!

What does one do with a teenager?? DD has figured out just exactly how much time she needs to get ready for school in the AM and sleeps right up to the very last possible minute, leaving no time for any unusal cercuimstances. So, Hubby told her she had to get up 10 min earlier from now on. Yup. Today she was up when he told her to be...but didn't lift a finger to start her day until her usual time. Fallowing the letter of the law, but not the intent, is getting to be her trade mark.  *sigh*

She was in a crabby mood yesterday. She didn't turn in any of her science homework last week. Her teacher ratted her out on Friday afternoon, so we gave her a choice -- stay in at lunch on Monday and do the work, or face the consiquences. Parents are such PITAs... Now she knows we're checking on her, so she can't lie about it.  It's NOT Fair!! 

She has a section of dry-wall in her room that was badly taped and is in need of repair. The whole room is painted a dark depressing blue (It'd be a pretty color in a big room with lots of light, but her's is neither) and when we moved I promised her that we'd re-paint it a lighter color and she could paint murals on the walls. Her uncle started on the re-taping project this week, but couldn't proceed to finish it, because of the mounds of laundry thrown on the floor. Now she's all gung-ho for me to go up and take up where he left off. I asked her why I should, since she hasn't been carrying her weight in school or at home lately. She replied that it was "Unsafe"... Ha! The only thing that's unsafe is her foot-grabbing clothing. The wall is just ugly. I'm not going back on my promise..I just see no reason to rush into the job under the cercuimstances.  ..It's just NOT fair. Parents are sucha PITA!

*sigh* ...What do you do with a teenager?

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 65
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,819
Points 43,839
Eileen replied on Tue, Jan 31 2012 8:51 AM | Locked

Spud, I hope you get to spend today doing what you like & tomorrow hearing good news! I'll be thinking of you.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,548
Points 177,653
Marie replied on Tue, Jan 31 2012 9:37 AM | Locked

Spud add my prayers to the others.  God Bless.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,548
Points 177,653
Marie replied on Tue, Jan 31 2012 9:41 AM | Locked

Boy, I'm glad it's today!  Seems like yesterday was a bad one for some of you.  Hope everyone has a better day today.  Sending protecting hugs to all.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Page 113 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 111 112 113 114 115 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use