Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up To Today? #5

Page 69 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 67 68 69 70 71 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 9,870 Replies | 67 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,604
Spudgrandma replied on Sun, Jan 22 2012 6:28 PM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
Spdugrandma, So glad you had a wonderful time.

Thanks Sukochi.

My daughter lives in GA and she said it was awful gloomy and the kids were stuck in the house, no fun!

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,604
Spudgrandma replied on Sun, Jan 22 2012 6:30 PM | Locked

Got the Red Snappers on the frame, now I need to get Grandson #2s quilt back put together and I can try them out. I'm hoping I will be able to snap them on myself, we will see.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,809
Points 43,669
Eileen replied on Sun, Jan 22 2012 6:32 PM | Locked

Nice set-up Patti! Some days I wish I had that just to get to & from work! LOL

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,809
Points 43,669
Eileen replied on Sun, Jan 22 2012 6:33 PM | Locked

Good luck with the red snappers, Spud! It'll be nice to know what you think of yours.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,604
Spudgrandma replied on Sun, Jan 22 2012 6:41 PM | Locked

Eileen, I'll let you know but I'm kind of slow so it will probably be at least a week. :)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,809
Points 43,669
Eileen replied on Sun, Jan 22 2012 6:42 PM | Locked

It's been a long day & it isn't over yet.  DH was at a concert last night at our folk music school/concert hall - they've opened up an additional building & are doing a series of concerts in celebration.  He went out afterwards with old buddies & did not get home til after 1am. I slept from 11pm-1am & was awake for 3 hours after that before I was able to fall asleep again.  Dogs woke us up around 7:30 this morn, which was when we hoped to be out of the house (wasn't going to happen).  We went up to DH's mother's for breakfast & a nice visit with her, did some chores & errands for her before leaving. Had a late lunch & then visited DH's brother-in-law in the hospital. He slipped on ice & feel Thursday when taking out the trash & tore the meniscus in both legs. He had the operation to repair that then had a heart attack in post-op recovery. He had a 6 year old stent in & they replaced that but he may need bypass surgery later this year as he's got some real bad clogs.  For now, he has to keep both legs perfectly straight for 4 weeks & then have rehab. This is not a man who wants to sit still so he's taking it real hard.  He was pretty calm when we saw him but this is going to be a rocky road to recovery. I hope for his heart's sake he can relax a bit!

DH is at another concert tonight but has no plans to be out as late again! I'm catching up on some laundry & not planning to do much of anything else tonight but relax.

We had a warm-up in temps with some fog & drizzle. It's supposed to be warmer tomorrow, so maybe some of the snow on the ground will melt.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,472
Points 50,115
Ginny replied on Sun, Jan 22 2012 7:08 PM | Locked

Sounds like you have had a pretty rough day.  Here's hoping DBIL is able to tolerate his restrictions without further consequences.  Hey,maybe you can teach him to do some handquilting for you to keep him occupied.  ----Well, it's a thought.  LOL Ginny

We have also had a warm up in temps with some fog and drizzle- possibly freezing drizzle with more warmth tomorrow.---Do you live near me or something?...Ginny

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,809
Points 43,669
Eileen replied on Sun, Jan 22 2012 8:10 PM | Locked

Ginny, I'm in Chicago. I think lots of places are having this weather pattern right now. It wouldv'e been a good day to be inside quilting! The roads weren't bad during the day but they may be slick now. Where are you?

• | Post Points: 65
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,179
Points 15,780
Susan replied on Sun, Jan 22 2012 9:04 PM | Locked

I am trying to choose baby flannel fabric out of my stach  and cannot make up my mind on fabric or pattern. It would help if I new her color scheme but she is my friends DGD and friend does not know either. Decisions , decisions, I think i,ll go to bed and start again tomorrow when I,m rested.                                           Susan

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,328
Points 46,260
Angele replied on Sun, Jan 22 2012 9:28 PM | Locked

Joyce thanks for the tip I do have a frame like Wendy's and would never have thought to use the clamps to hold my quilt on the table.  I will definitely have to try it.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,472
Points 50,115
Ginny replied on Sun, Jan 22 2012 9:33 PM | Locked

Hi Eileen, thought you must be somewhere fairly close.  I live in Waterford, north of Detroit.  We usually get your weather the next day.  Must be a large weather system for us both to have it at the same time, although ours started early this afternoon. All I know is that my wrist and elbow that was feeling beter is not feeling that way now.....Ginny

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 461
Points 9,665
Flojo replied on Sun, Jan 22 2012 9:35 PM | Locked

A great idea.  The old adage of "sleep on it" is true.  Your brain will have time to narrow the selection down while you sleep.  Often I have spent a whole day aganozing over a design and have awaken the next day with a clear idea of what works!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Sun, Jan 22 2012 9:49 PM | Locked

Kris:
Football Sunday I won't be here very much. I'll be watching the games and sewing. 

Same for me, minus the football!  LOL  The playoff games will keep Randy occupied so he won't suggest an evening Netflix movie, which means I can sew and sew and sew...  I'm working on assembling my VB blocks.  Funny, when I appliqued the IA and WA leaves, I said to myself, next time I want to make pieced blocks because they'll be quicker.  Well, now I'm not so sure.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Sun, Jan 22 2012 9:58 PM | Locked

Eileen:
I'm in Chicago. I think lots of places are having this weather pattern right now. It wouldv'e been a good day to be inside quilting! The roads weren't bad during the day but they may be slick now.

The roads are fine in north central Minnesota.  Still no snow here......

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 374
Points 9,355
Nan replied on Sun, Jan 22 2012 9:59 PM | Locked

Could I have some help with bunny search? I can not find Hamel's Fabrics or DCF Ventures.

I got all the others and all the quilt blocks, printed them off for another year. Visit actually was rather quiet and peaceful today, She watched Maddie watching movies! Son did their taxes as I get re-paid then they split the remainder. No issues over agreeing to re-pay me either!!She seemed kinda sad today, was polite enough but I think she has figured out her way may not be for the best!

My lap top keeps showing this message something like Your computer is charging properly but the battery is nearing the end of it's life. Sounds like it is going to ump off a bridge or soemthing. Never have I ever seen this type message, Have any of you?

Nan

Page 69 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 67 68 69 70 71 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use