Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up To Today? #5

Page 35 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 33 34 35 36 37 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 9,870 Replies | 67 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Mon, Jan 16 2012 11:31 PM | Locked

Joyce

Its so good to hear "your voice" and so glad you have all your things w/ you.  Now are family is complete. Welcome HOME!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,028
Points 369,127
Kris replied on Mon, Jan 16 2012 11:35 PM | Locked

Vivian :
My heating pad has Flax in it.  No matter what you use youhave to be careful with it.  One of my neighbors heated hers up in the microway and got it to hot so she threw it out on the deck to cool.  It burnt a HOLE in her deck!!

OMG.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,028
Points 369,127
Kris replied on Mon, Jan 16 2012 11:38 PM | Locked

Thea:
Watched the football games Saturday and Sunday - was happy that both the 49ers and Giants won - don't care for any of the AFC teams - so at least I will be having a team I like in the Super Bowl - felt sad for Green Bay - to have a season like they did and not make it - but then the Giants spoiled the Patriots bid for a great season too... spoilers my Giants are...teehee..

Thea,

I'm with you there. I was thrilled they beat Green Bay. If they make it to the super bowl I hope they meet the Patsies and beat them again.

Thea:
it says not to wax it but am thinking if nothing else works I might -

Will Old English work?

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,028
Points 369,127
Kris replied on Mon, Jan 16 2012 11:43 PM | Locked

Donna B:
  We have a 12 year old Lab mix who is starting to feel her age and our recent cold weather has been really hard on her.  She loves to go with us, but is shivering in the car after we leave her for only a few minutes.  I have been using an old fleece shirt  to keep her warm, but the sleeves keep falling down and she isn't very comfortable in it.  So, I decided to make her a quilted fleece jacket

Very cute Donna. Looks like she likes it.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,537
Points 417,079
gini replied on Tue, Jan 17 2012 12:26 AM | Locked

donnam that's a great use of old fleece. 

it is good to see the snow.  it is finally starting to build up here.

gini in north idaho

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Tue, Jan 17 2012 3:44 AM | Locked

gini:
careful with the lavendar, it is an estrgenic mimic.     using soaps and oils can cause breast tissue growth in small boys.

Thanks Gini - I had read this post this weekend via email and finally was able to find your original post.  It sure would be a nice thing if Drs and Oncologists would advise people of this fact.  I had never heard it before but having estrogen positive receptors, for the past 25 years, I certainly would not have bought the No Crack hand lotion in a 16 oz pump container of Lavendar scented cream a year or so ago .  I have used very little of it because I went off the oral chemo that was causing the hands and feet to be so sore and raw.  Anyone out there with estrogen NEGATIVE receptors want some great cream?  I will mail it to you in a heartbeat. The product is really good and if you like Lavendar, you would really like this stuff.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Tue, Jan 17 2012 3:47 AM | Locked

Donna B:
I did "quilt" today, but not a quilt per se...

Donna - may not be a quilt per se but Tasha sure looks like she appreciates your hard work.  Have you ever bought those dog booties that Mary Ann sells at the Bazaars?  Lots of people buy them for their dogs that are out in the snow alot.  Great pictures.

Marge P

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Tue, Jan 17 2012 3:48 AM | Locked

Welcome home, Joyce - sounds like you are having a great time in your new digs.

Marge P

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,428
Points 38,310
Linda replied on Tue, Jan 17 2012 7:17 AM | Locked

Wow if you don't get on this thread every day you really get lost. I was on last Thursday and now I'm 20 pages behind!!! I can't keep up with you all.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Tue, Jan 17 2012 7:46 AM | Locked

For those of you with a CPAP mask, What do you do when you get a cold?  I have a nose mask and slept with my mouth open all night cause I could not breathe through my nose. I had talked to the tech earlier in the day, before the cold hit. Told her i tend to sleep some with my mouth open, because I sleep on my side.. She is sending me a chin strap. It keeps me mouth closed so I can't open it. She said I have to sleep on my back. This is not gonna work.

Sukochi

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,346
Points 30,555
Agnes replied on Tue, Jan 17 2012 7:51 AM | Locked

Marge P:
Anyone out there with estrogen NEGATIVE receptors want some great cream?

I guess I would be one of those. I am on estrogen for the rest of my life because it has been determined that my body needs the extra estrogen to keep my headaches at bay. Now again I buy everything unscented as much as possible because scents also cause headaches. Just another one of my situations where i am caught between the devil and the deep blue sea.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Tue, Jan 17 2012 7:56 AM | Locked

Thea:

Darlene:
I agree with keeping children in church.  The only way they learn to sit in church is by being in church. 

Our children stay in the chapel with us for services and although sometimes they get disruptive no one thinks anything about it - we just listen as best we can and are very understanding - sometimes it can be disruptive but I never really worry about it... if my pastor - or bishop ever stopped services to tell the Mother to quiet her child I know it would be the last time I went to that church - the Lord did say Suffer the little children - they are the next generation and we don't need to be ostracizing them so that they don't like church... what is our world coming too.  

I am talking baby. Little baby. Why do Churches have nurseries, if not to keep babies from disrupting the service?. I used to go to the Baptist Church, and you did not see one baby in that church. And the people with the cell phones ringing? That is just plain disrespectful. I don't think a tiny baby gets a thing out of a sermon. And, guns? Did you know people with a license to carry a concealed weapon is allowed to have their gun in Church? I heard that on TV. These are not the Churches of my childhood. We went to Children's Church during the Adult Church. And learned more because they talked in a way we understood.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Tue, Jan 17 2012 9:03 AM | Locked

LOL. The difference in our lives is obvious, Sukochi. Here in my really rural world, I've watched guys showing off thier new hunting rifle after the service, and even seen a gun trade or two in the parking lot. Never thought about it til you mentioned it...   :)

Why not bring baby to the service? As long as it's content and quiet, that is. Mom is probably more focused  while she's holding her little one then she'd be worrying about him or her in the nursery - Definately should leave if baby gets fussy, but that is just common sense. Do they have that where you live?  

So.... It's -20 this AM and we have a sever storm warning moving our way. They say we're due for some serious snow in our area, coupled with high winds. I think I'll fill the woodbox and stay indoors... fondling fabric. ;)

DD was grumbly when I made her dry her hair before she headed out to catch the bus. I pointed out that it'd all break off if she let it freeze, and then she'd have ugly ratty hair... Can't have that, so she complied! And she even wore her hat! Ever since I got her that day-glo orange rabbit-fur lined mad-bomber hat last year, she's decided that hats aren't so bad..IF you can find a really neat one that makes a great statement. Now she has a scary lime green/orange and black tassle covered thing that she thinks it the ultimate in coo-ool.  *shrug* Whatever it takes...

Her math tutor drove her home last night so I didn't have to try to squeeze picking her up in between scouts and supper. What would I do without him?? Her grades are stablizing since she started working with him. No more "A; F; F; F; F; B+; F" on her daily reports, instead we're seeing steady C's and C+'s...  which tells me she's actually doing the work and starting to understand it. She discovered that part of the problem she's been having is not converting her answers to radicals. If she has the correct answer, but it is in decimal form, the teacher marks it wrong. I wonder how many of those "F's" are because she just didn't take her work one step further?   Don'tya think that after she'd made that mistake a few times her teacher woulda taken her aside and told her what she was doing wrong?? It was one of her classmates who clued her in!! No wonder she feels so defeated in that class....

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 6
Points 60
Becky replied on Tue, Jan 17 2012 9:19 AM | Locked

Good morning all!  Today I am working on a quilt for my oldest granddaughter's 15th birthday...she will be having a "quinceneara" which is like a coming out party in the Hispanic culture.  It is fabrics from Moda's Spring Magic line and it is the Carnaby Street quilt from McCall's Jan/Feb magazine.  Lord help me, I already have a quilt in my head for my oldest grandson...LOL

Slightly chilly today in Austin.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,414
Points 61,767
Joyce Brenden replied on Tue, Jan 17 2012 9:24 AM | Locked

Donna--

Your furbaby looks so cozy warm in the snuggly fleece jacket you made.  What a great mom you are!

Kissimmee, FL

Page 35 of 659 (9871 items) « First ... < Previous 33 34 35 36 37 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use