Page 1 of 659 (9871 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 9,870 Replies | 67 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,935
Points 258,030
QCA Admin Posted: Thu, Jan 12 2012 1:36 PM | Locked

Hello,

Because this thread has become so popular, and receives so many replies (which can sometimes cause performance issues), we will continually add new "versions."

The most recent posts in What are you up to today? #4 are here.

The original thread was started by Spudgrandma back on August 19, 2009.

Thanks,

QCA Mandy

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,307
Points 20,790
KATHY replied on Thu, Jan 12 2012 1:41 PM | Locked

well. I finally decided what to do today.  I did leave early and headed to Joann's which is about 1 hour away from me. Got there 5 mins before 9 when they opened at 9.  spent about $150.00 but was able to walk out after coupons spending only about 65.00  got home about 10:30am and have been cleaning and doing some quilty things.  have been organizing and going thru my quilting area.  decided to take a break and see what everyone else was up to.....

CLEVELAND, TEXAS

• | Post Points: 110
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 247,949
Barbara replied on Thu, Jan 12 2012 1:44 PM | Locked

Kathy,good for you ,I don't use Joann's alot but when they have all the really good coupons I hit it hard LOL  . Ok guess it's time to get back to work and get some sewing done..barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,307
Points 20,790
KATHY replied on Thu, Jan 12 2012 1:51 PM | Locked

Barbara:
I don't use Joann's alot

We dont have much of a choice here.  There is a new LQS about 15 minutes from here and I do shop there.  but she doesn't have alot of things in there yet.  THat is mainly where I shop other than Walmart.  But if I have good coupons  I do hit Joann's.  But it is an hour drive so I have to have 2 hours for just driving.  don't get there too often though.  sure wish we had something like Keepsake quilting, or Redrooster, or Connecting Threads of something like that around here within driving distance LOL

I too, will go get some sewing done FINALLY  today. 

Have fun Barbara!

CLEVELAND, TEXAS

• | Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 374
Points 9,355
Nan replied on Thu, Jan 12 2012 1:54 PM | Locked

Diana,

Hope VA checkup goes well. Prayers for you and hubby! His sense of humor is vital part of being, glad new therapist gets him!

Nan

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,165
Nana replied on Thu, Jan 12 2012 2:12 PM | Locked

My DH is getting entirely to smart.  I mentioned the other night that I had finally found some fabric to do a certain quilt top that I have been contemplating for awhile.   His response....  " don't you have enough wips and ufos to keep you busy without buying fabric to start something else? "    Left me speechless which is highly unusual....ROFLOL.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 80
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 374
Points 9,355
Nan replied on Thu, Jan 12 2012 2:13 PM | Locked

Thanks to Kris and all who helped with Bunnies. I found the Oops a daisy fabric but not the bunny, now I will go look for Silly Nilly green.

Massage today helped me get a better sesne of well being today. But I still hate it when she stops!!

Getting colder and calling ofr flurries of that "s" word.

Brother is stopping on way back from buying mobile home south of Tampa. He plans on stopping to get the 2 clocks mom left him. I have to pick maddie up from school and go to PTO tonight,so this will be a shirt visit,and probably last one, only thing we had in common was Mom and now that she is gone I really do not want to keep up with his drama. He is transgender and has tons of psych issues that he "controls" with pot! Would not care if they really were controlled.. but are not. He is happpy with his new Mustang and with moving back to FL as he always preferred it there. I hope it all works out for him but I am doing this last visit just for Mom and then that is it. I just can not have anymore people in my life who only take and never give!

I am sure you moms are cracking up with me having to plan all this new stuff with Maddie. But I have not had to "DO" anything specific for awhile now. I keep trying to remember how I did it years ago. But I kinda think it was hard back then too just don't remember that part as much.

I did find out today that Lee University here in town(private liberal arts/religious) has a program for tutoring local kids and it is paid for with a grant! This would be great

Nan

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Thu, Jan 12 2012 2:16 PM | Locked

Nana:

My DH is getting entirely to smart.  I mentioned the other night that I had finally found some fabric to do a certain quilt top that I have been contemplating for awhile.   His response....  " don't you have enough wips and ufos to keep you busy without buying fabric to start something else? "    Left me speechless which is highly unusual....ROFLOL.

Wow, a husband who actually speaks our language!     You have taught him well.  LOL

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Thu, Jan 12 2012 2:31 PM | Locked

Oh, fine!! NOW what are you going to do? 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,608
Points 52,050
Ginny replied on Thu, Jan 12 2012 2:35 PM | Locked

You go girl.  You are handling life great right now.  Dealing with what comes up as you have to.  I am glad you are giving your brother free reign to go live his life as he wants.  We can't help or cure the whole world,  but right now, that little Maddie needs you bad.   I have had to do work with my great- grands too while their parents ween't allowed to take the time off neede from work.    As a result, we are much closer than most are to their great-grands and I feel good that I have the time and am able to help.....Ginny

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Thu, Jan 12 2012 3:12 PM | Locked

Kathy, I understand having to travel to shop. I have to travel about 35 minutes to the nearest Joann's and we don't have a lot of choice either.  There are a couple of LQS the same distance but they don't carry fabric I like.  This last year I have mostly shopped online which has its drawbacks. 

When you get done cleaning and organizing you can come and do mine LOL

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,979
Points 368,857
Kris replied on Thu, Jan 12 2012 3:30 PM | Locked

Diana:
Thanks for letting me rant.  I'm worried too but I try to keep an optomistic  view.

Prayers for you and your DH Diana. I hope all went well at his appointment.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,979
Points 368,857
Kris replied on Thu, Jan 12 2012 3:32 PM | Locked

Kathy:
Praying for you Kris!  Hope you feel better soon!

Thanks Kathy. I hope you're having a good day off.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Thu, Jan 12 2012 3:33 PM | Locked

Kris:

Diana:
Thanks for letting me rant.  I'm worried too but I try to keep an optomistic  view.

Prayers for you and your DH Diana. I hope all went well at his appointment.

Diana,  I did not see your post about your hubby but I'm in agreement with Kris and I too hope all went well.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,979
Points 368,857
Kris replied on Thu, Jan 12 2012 3:42 PM | Locked

Nana:
Kris

Hope the back brace helps with some of your problems.

Thea:
Kris - I hope it helps - I would hate to think you had to be in one of those and got no release from it - but they do help with your posture - lol - I had to wear one as a little girl.  I am praying that something helps you soon - it just isn't fair that we all have all these problems - they interfere with our quilting and that is a no no... thinking of you sweetie!

Barbara:
Kris sorry to hear about your back issues, I'll keep a prayer in my heart for you that it works . Barbara

Gini:
kris, i hope the brace works for you,

Thanks Nana, Thea, Barbara and Gini.

I really hope it will help the muscle spasms but not sure how it will help my shoulders. 

• | Post Points: 80
Page 1 of 659 (9871 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use