Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #5

Page 515 of 517 (7754 items) « First ... < Previous 513 514 515 516 517 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 7,753 Replies | 72 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Sat, Aug 25 2012 6:23 PM | Locked

Prayers for your DD Karla. 

Pam, great story. 

Well, the body of the quilt is done.  Now just the borders.  7 borders.  3 of which are only 1/2 inch narrow border, so they hardly count.  I think I will get very close to getting the whole thing quilted by tonight!

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,196
Points 16,015
Susan replied on Sat, Aug 25 2012 6:48 PM | Locked

Karla, Prayers for your DD and family as it sounds like everyone will need them.                                                                                                                                                                      Pam, I loved your story!! Hope you can stay in touch with her, she sounds like a sweetheart.                 Susan

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,737
Points 66,695
Bonita replied on Sat, Aug 25 2012 8:35 PM | Locked

Pam, that's a great story, thanks for sharing with us.

Patti, looking forward to seeing pictures.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,405
Points 415,659
gini replied on Sat, Aug 25 2012 8:55 PM | Locked

karla, i hope your daughter is ok and they get her fixed up pronto,

pam that was a lovely story

patti, i know you will get it done, i expect to see it at retreat, please, please.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Sat, Aug 25 2012 9:15 PM | Locked

Pam

That is a very heartwarming story.  Brought tears to my eyes.  Isn't it amazing how giving quilters are.  Thanks for sharing.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Sat, Aug 25 2012 9:47 PM | Locked

OK, time to stop.  Have been quilting my borders,  writing 1 Corinthians 13.......... love is not proked,  oops, provoked!   my cursive in quilting is much better than in ink.    But it does help to know the verse to read it. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Sat, Aug 25 2012 11:45 PM | Locked

I spent part of the day frogging the first part of my border for the round robin quilt.  I had sewn the first part onto the "quilt" and then went to sew the next section and it didn't fit.  The first part of the border was the wrong size so I had to rip it off and start over....aaarrrrggghhh

Vinton, Virginia

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 900
Points 16,680
Patricia Faye replied on Sun, Aug 26 2012 8:18 AM | Locked

Oh Nana, I hate when that happens!  It is so frustrating.  

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sun, Aug 26 2012 11:13 AM | Locked

Karla, hope your DD's heath improves quickl.

Pam, a great quilt story.  I wish I had a quilt that my family brought on the wagon trains in 1845!   I know it is in a history museum in Oregon too...which is where it should be.

Patti, congratulations on making progress on your B. Quilt.  Be sure you post pictures of the completed quilt. 

Speaking of Oregon and quilts, I need to share a picture of this one.  We just returned from a week in Oregon visiting family and taking a mini-vacation at the Oregon Coast where we stayed in a cabin owned by good friends.  She has been buying vintage hand-quilted quilts and linens for years at garage sales and has used them in this cabin.  I just loved the butterfly quilt that was on the bed we slept in.  Here is a picture:

This beauty was in excellent shape!  A real joy to sleep under this!!!

If you want to see more pictures from our Oregon Coast trip, go to my blog (first time I have used it).

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 50
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 467
Points 9,790
Pam replied on Sun, Aug 26 2012 12:16 PM | Locked

Donna-

I loved your photos of our Oregon; everyone should read the blog- it is so very much a glimpse into our fair state's beach life.

As a western Oregonian I was really happy when I saw and read your blog on your OR coast vacation!

18 yrs. ago, when we moved here, we'd go to the coast (about 1 1/2 hrs. drive) every weekend we could!  And it was EMPTY.... beaches with just us and not hardly any traffic. As you know , but others don't, we can drive an hour to ski, 1 1/2 hrs. beaches and 2-3 hrs. to be in desert! With Cascade Mtn. range and waterfalls, pristine lakes and rivers in between.

Now we go only in Sept./Oct. when school's in session. Compared to other places in USA Oregon is least populated (4 mill.) and we enjoy the law stating ALL beaches are the  people's property and not to be developed. Spoiled as we are, the summer "crowds" (like 10-20 people per mile of beach) really bug us.  :)

End of Sept. my DH and my quilting pal & her husband  [ hey we need a designation for Quilting Buddy or Pal- QB? No that's a quarterback!  DQB?]   are going to the coast and "do" the whale watch trip again....and take the little coast train ride for 1 1/2 at Garibaldi and Rockaway Beach.  It will be sweater weather, azure blue skies and EMPTY everywhere we go. End of summer sales on all things 'coasty'  - if I spy the wind sculptures for 1/2 off I'll pm you!

Thanks again, Donna, for reminding me what a jewel my state is.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sun, Aug 26 2012 12:24 PM | Locked

I like your "Monkeys on a fence", Donna.  Cute fabric. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sun, Aug 26 2012 12:33 PM | Locked

Nice work on your quilt Jennifer.  Isn't it nice to have a pattern where you don't have to worry about match seams? 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sun, Aug 26 2012 12:36 PM | Locked

Pam your star is really looking good.  I love that ribbon border. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sun, Aug 26 2012 12:39 PM | Locked

Patti = your bargello heart is very pretty.  I like how the point of the heart goes into the border. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 467
Points 9,790
Pam replied on Sun, Aug 26 2012 12:45 PM | Locked

Thanks Marge- I am binding it today- it WAS for DD and DS -in laws anniversary on the 23rd!  

Hey everybody- I wanted to add something here. MY DD runs a website for helping and informing folks on tech stuff like MAC computers and I phones and everyday stuff I don't understand!  If any have issues (or new Kindle's etc.) and need answers and tech news go there- she will answer and teach how to do stuff on these "new Fangled" contraptions....http://www.facebook.com/TheHighTechSociety

Facebook- or 

www.TheHighTechSociety
.com (this is down today, check later)

anyway- she has helped all my DQB's ( hahaha) and I thought ooh maybe the folks on here could use help once in a while....FREE too.

Page 515 of 517 (7754 items) « First ... < Previous 513 514 515 516 517 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use