Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #5

Page 511 of 517 (7754 items) « First ... < Previous 509 510 511 512 513 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 7,753 Replies | 72 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,608
Points 247,132
Thea replied on Wed, Aug 22 2012 12:01 PM | Locked

Ah, Jacy - that is one of the reasons I don't go in the fabric stores - quilt shops - I have so so so much fabric and all those SALE tables always get me... then it just goes in the stash as I don't have anything specific picked out to make with it... But for those who don't have huge stashes yet - what you are doing is just fine...teehee...

I have even started just deleting my emails from my numerous quilt shops without looking at them because I will be so sorely tempted...lol  

I have told myself that I have to use up a major part of this stash before I buy more... and my stash is huge - just ask Barbara - she saw most of it but not all...teehee....

I made the mistake of opening up an email this past spring and falling in love with Sew Spooky  - so it got added to my list of quilts to do - hoping though that it doesn't become a UFO after the top is made - I am going to try and make that top and have it up decorating my house for Halloween... 

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,608
Points 247,132
Thea replied on Wed, Aug 22 2012 12:03 PM | Locked

One of the reasons I am working so diligently on Rainbow and Snowmen A-Z right now is I have told myself those 2 quilts have to be done before I start Sew Spooky - I did cut out all the fabric and put it in the little separate block baggies so I can jump right in on Sew Spooky when I have these other 2 done...teehee

I am keeping to my strict rules - lol - I have told myself though that when I get Rainbow done I can start sewing on Sew Spooky since I am hand embroidering the blocks of Snowmen so the machine can not sit idle during that time...teehee

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Wed, Aug 22 2012 12:09 PM | Locked

Jacy:
You need a picture of it in the palm of your hand so we can see how tiny it is.

That's true.  Except for the fact that the fabric looks as course as burlap because of the close-up details, a person might not realize just how small that is.  Lay it in your palm with a dime next to it.

Amazing work, by the way!  What inspired you to move into minatures?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 436
Points 11,285
Donna replied on Wed, Aug 22 2012 12:11 PM | Locked

Gini,  I moved to Prescott, AZ  2 years ago today.  Spent my first 52 years in MO lol

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,373
Points 28,870
Marsha-SM replied on Wed, Aug 22 2012 3:04 PM | Locked

Thea:

I have even started just deleting my emails from my numerous quilt shops without looking at them because I will be so sorely tempted...lol  

Thea, that is my trick also.  Sometimes I open one, fall in love with a sale fabric that I "DON'T need, add it to my cart, then come to my senses and close the site.  Sometimes the fabric is still in my cart when I do go back to the site, sometimes it is still in stock, and sometimes............   I cave in and buy it!  Wish they wouldn't save those carts!!!  All I need now until the wheelchair quilts are finished, is some border fabric for a few, binding fabric and a few more pieces of flannel for the backs.  My goal is to finish them before moving on to something else - - - like the upcoming mysteries. 

My budget doesn't have much room in it for fabric.  We had a breakdown in our haying machinery which took over $500 in parts,  a dead car which needed a computer-type part - expensive, and on and on!  These problems and our general trucking jobs have taken up the last week and a half.  I finished borders on 2 quilts, "manufactured" and rolled the binding for them, and got 2 quilts pinned for quilting.  Third has flannel laid out and clipped to the table waiting for batting and top.  Hope to get that done tonight.  Also got binding sewn on one a few nights ago so that I have something to do in the truck tomorrow - hope it is a short day so I can at least start quilting one of the pinned quilts.

Hope your hands let you work on your blocks.  I would like to try something like that - but maybe state birds or flowers.  I started the birds when I was in highschool and would like to dig out the patterns (a major digging project, since we have lived in the same house for nearly 53 years!)

Marsha - Western New York

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985
MaxNTopeka replied on Wed, Aug 22 2012 3:57 PM | Locked

Gini,

Did you get new glasses and you're showing us how well you can see with them?  The little log cabin is darling!   Wonderful work!

Max

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985
MaxNTopeka replied on Wed, Aug 22 2012 4:04 PM | Locked

Thea and Marsha,

I use the same trick...don't open those emails from fabric stores.  I've even unsubscribed to a few of them to help with my resolve.  But my grocery store shares a parking lot with one of the LQS, and my bank branch shares a parking lot with the other LQS.  The only two places I go regularly...and both have a really nice quilting stores right next door.  It is SO hard to resist...

I am a fabrioholic, and my name is Max. I admit I have a problem, so I have completed Step 1 of my program.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 640
Points 9,640
MaggieNae replied on Wed, Aug 22 2012 4:06 PM | Locked

Ok Gini, I've shown this LC to my co-workers and one commented that you must be on crack to make 64 of these.  I told her, you couldn't possibly do this while on crack (lol).  It's adorable.  So that's how you make a mini quilt?  Can't wait to see the finished project. 

Margaret

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,606
Points 178,433
Marie replied on Wed, Aug 22 2012 6:25 PM | Locked

Gini, I had to go back and see what the hullabaloo was all about and I almost missed it again.  : )

It's a beauty, can't wait to see the finished product.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,504
Points 417,409
gini replied on Wed, Aug 22 2012 6:33 PM | Locked

MNnancy:
What inspired you to move into minatures?

i periodically have a brain f*rt and try out miniatures.

here you go jacy.

they're looking pretty cute.   i had a interruption by some swimmers, i hope to get a lot more done tonight.  they're going together  pretty quickly.

the bad thing about miniatures,   you don't use up much stash.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 80
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,606
Points 178,433
Marie replied on Wed, Aug 22 2012 6:50 PM | Locked

gini:

MNnancy:
What inspired you to move into minatures?

i periodically have a brain f*rt and try out miniatures.

here you go jacy.

they're looking pretty cute.   i had a interruption by some swimmers, i hope to get a lot more done tonight.  they're going together  pretty quickly.

the bad thing about miniatures,   you don't use up much stash.

Unbelievable but sooooo cute!

Millbury, MA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,480
Jacy replied on Wed, Aug 22 2012 6:53 PM | Locked

Gini, your little (or should I say minuscule) blocks are too cute. At the rate your going you'll have this finished long before the retreat.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,480
Jacy replied on Wed, Aug 22 2012 7:12 PM | Locked

Jacy:
I am a sucker for their sale rack, I bought  11 yards of  beautiful fabric. It was 60% off, how could I not buy it? Now  what to make with it!

here's the fabric I bought.

I did work on a quilt today, but it's been going very slow. It's my Scrap Squad quilt and it has all of these blocks

And a whole bunch of paper pieced units including some like these

And it has some of these, but i'm changing these a little and now the require hand sewing and yo-yo's for the centers

Did I mention it's going SLOW.........paper piecing, hand sewing, lots of colors, lots of scraps. 

Could someone hit me over the head next time and remind me to keep it simple!

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,480
Jacy replied on Wed, Aug 22 2012 7:16 PM | Locked

Jacy:
I am a sucker for their sale rack, I bought  11 yards of  beautiful fabric. It was 60% off, how could I not buy it? Now  what to make with it!

here's the fabric I bought.

I did work on a quilt today, but it's been going very slow. It's my Scrap Squad quilt and it has all of these blocks

And it has some of these, but i'm changing these a little and now the require hand sewing and yo-yo's for the centers

Did I mention it's going SLOW.........paper piecing, hand sewing, lots of colors, lots of scraps. 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,480
Jacy replied on Wed, Aug 22 2012 7:17 PM | Locked

Page 511 of 517 (7754 items) « First ... < Previous 509 510 511 512 513 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use