Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #5

Page 489 of 517 (7754 items) « First ... < Previous 487 488 489 490 491 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 7,753 Replies | 72 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,355
Points 31,965
MaxNTopeka replied on Sat, Aug 11 2012 11:49 PM | Locked

Elizabeth--your sister will be so proud of her quilt.  It is just amazing. I love how you changed the quilting pattern in different areas of the quilt. It's just beautiful!

Donna--you coworker should love her table runner. It's wonderful! You can't miss with pretty purple flowers!

Thank you! to all who have commented on "Spin Cycle".  I really do appreciate your input!  I don't have anyone to bounce ideas off of around here.  DH tries...but bless his heart, he really doesn't care for anything more modern than what his grandma quilted. She did some beautiful appliqued quilts, but I don't.  The old cat won't even comment...she just goes and sleeps in the closet.

Jacy, I think you may be right.  I think it's bothering me because it looks so flat...two dimensional...no depth.  I see it more in the photo than I did with it on the design board.  That 'flatness' bugs me. Makes me feel like its dull...boring.  Hope my quilting helps it.  Right now I'm going to leave it out of my sight for a while.  Then drag it back out when the weather is cooler and I can stand working with it in my lap and over my shoulder while I quilt it.  Too hot for that right now.

Besides...I started playing with my batik scraps!  I have a new project I'm playing with and having more fun than should be allowed by law!  I don't know what is SO FUN about playing with scraps!! I guess cause I know I can't mess them up---they are already 'scraps', and I can't make a boo-boo on the pattern--there isn't a pattern!!  It's just color and contrast and fun.  Here's a pic, but keep in mind they are in no particular order or arrangement...just as I've finished a block and pressed it and stuck it on the wall.  They will be trimmed and 'fitted' together later on.  And hopefully color patterns will develop along the way. I need about 275-300 of these little guys before I get serious about 'assembling' them.  This little group covers and area about 26 X 30 inches.

Hope you all have a productive quilty weekend, and those who aren't up to snuff get lots of rest and start feeling a little better!

Max

• | Post Points: 65
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,355
Points 31,965
MaxNTopeka replied on Sat, Aug 11 2012 11:56 PM | Locked

Ramona!

What a wonderfully relaxing visit you had with your friend!!  Did you quilt day and night?  The quilts are really wonderful and they look great!  Your friend should be thrilled!  You deserve a break and a well-earned rest!

Max

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,971
Points 27,675
Ramona replied on Sun, Aug 12 2012 9:55 AM | Locked

Max,

The sprial on your quilt looks great! Very modern and out of the box. I agree with Jacy, once you get some of your beautiful quilting on there it'll really pop.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,971
Points 27,675
Ramona replied on Sun, Aug 12 2012 9:58 AM | Locked

Elizabeth,

Whew! That's a lot of quilting. Great job with the pebbles and line quilting. Love it and I'm sure they will love it too. The pillowcases are great too.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,971
Points 27,675
Ramona replied on Sun, Aug 12 2012 10:01 AM | Locked

Donna,

That is such a sweet table runner. I can smell the flowers.  God does give us great beauty to enjoy. We can enjoy it two fold when it's in fabric.  Great job!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,971
Points 27,675
Ramona replied on Sun, Aug 12 2012 10:08 AM | Locked

Max,

We had a great visit. Not much relaxing going on but I needed to build up my stamina after having the foot surgery in January. It was about time to get going and it certainly pushed me in that direction. The first few days I was really tired and my foot and ankle got really sore. After that things perked up. We were quilting most of the time, some shopping and rest cooking. It was fun to have a friend around to chat, quilt and embroider with. 

Your scrap quilt is wonderful!!! All those batiks.  I keep saying I should keep my scraps for just such a project. I doubt I'll ever get to it but it's on the quilt list. :-)

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 119
Points 1,995
Bonnie replied on Sun, Aug 12 2012 11:32 AM | Locked

Hi Everyone! Wow, a big welcome to all the new members! So many in so few days. There is so much talent here! I am back from my visit with my sister in VT. Had a wonderful time! It is so beautiful up there in Northern Kingdom VT. How deceiving is the beauty of summer there though, the winters are brutal. I live in western NY and get the lake effect snow, I still would never handle winters there. LOL

Yes, I did work on my quilt. I finished quilting my Drunkards Flower Path (with Butterfly Kisses). Yippee! I just need to clean up the unwanted floating threads that are caught in the the stitches and then bind it. Here are a few pics of it.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,261
Points 173,143
Marie replied on Sun, Aug 12 2012 12:38 PM | Locked

Elizabeth, the wedding quilt is beautiful!  Also love the pillowcases.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,261
Points 173,143
Marie replied on Sun, Aug 12 2012 12:40 PM | Locked

Ramona, I agree with Jacy, WOW!

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,261
Points 173,143
Marie replied on Sun, Aug 12 2012 12:41 PM | Locked

Donna, your co-worker should be thrilled with this, it's beautiful!

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,261
Points 173,143
Marie replied on Sun, Aug 12 2012 12:47 PM | Locked

Max, your batik scraps are going to make one beautiful quilt!  I'm thinking maybe the lighter ones in the center radiating to the darker ones, or maybe vice verser would be interesting, it would draw you into the abyss.  

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,261
Points 173,143
Marie replied on Sun, Aug 12 2012 12:51 PM | Locked

Bonnie:
I finished quilting my Drunkards Flower Path (with Butterfly Kisses)

Bonnie it's gorgeous!  The quilting is amazing, especially love the butterfly kisses you made and quilted.

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,667
Points 65,685
Bonita replied on Sun, Aug 12 2012 1:02 PM | Locked

Ramona, that's a lot of quilt to get done in just a short time. I so impressed.

Elizabeth , beautiful quilt and pretty pillow cases to go with them.

Max, I like they way you think, taking scraps and making jewels from them.

Bonnie, lovely quilt and beautiful quilting. You may be new here but not to quilting. Welcome to QCA. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,667
Points 65,685
Bonita replied on Sun, Aug 12 2012 1:04 PM | Locked

Opps almost forgot. Donna anything purple and with flowers you can't go wrong. Very pretty.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 119
Points 1,995
Bonnie replied on Sun, Aug 12 2012 2:17 PM | Locked

Wow! Thank you Marie!

Page 489 of 517 (7754 items) « First ... < Previous 487 488 489 490 491 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use