Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #5

Page 483 of 517 (7754 items) « First ... < Previous 481 482 483 484 485 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 7,753 Replies | 72 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,731
Points 66,590
Bonita replied on Mon, Aug 6 2012 11:56 AM | Locked

Rachel, very nice set. Great idea for the sheets.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Mon, Aug 6 2012 12:09 PM | Locked

Judy

Very pretty quilt.   It really tickles me how so many of you just can not follow instructions but go off onto tangents of your own....LOL>   The borders on this are going to be awesome.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 79
Points 3,415
Rachel Young replied on Mon, Aug 6 2012 12:11 PM | Locked

Maggie,

I know what you mean. The camo fabric was originally $10/yd. Since I got 8yds, I saved $40 on that alone!

Aaaaand - I can do one even better!

That same store I purchased the sheets (King sized, 100% cotton, $11.00) - had a whole bunch of pillowcases for $.19 ea.

It's a local store to East Tennessee/Knoxville area and they always have some sort of closeout or clearanced item I scoop up and repurpose for something else. Lol.

But why did I buy THIRTY pillowcases? Because they were all beautiful patterns. I spend the evenings watching the Olympics and ripping out the side and bottom seams. It was like getting 1yd of fabric for $.19!

That's 30 yrds of fabric for $5.70!

The trim on my son's pillowcases, sheets, and eventually curtains came from 1 of the pillowcases I purchased. Good score!

Rachel in East Tennessee

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,591
Points 118,860
Judy Taylor-Bellingham replied on Mon, Aug 6 2012 12:18 PM | Locked

Nana:

Judy

Very pretty quilt.   It really tickles me how so many of you just can not follow instructions but go off onto tangents of your own....LOL>  

Oh Nana,you must feel like you are  trying to herd squirrels!  ROFLOL.  I felt that way when I was a den mother, 40 years ago, and took a bunch of 8 year olds to the museum.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Mon, Aug 6 2012 12:20 PM | Locked

Judy

I would rather try to herd quilters than 8 yr olds.   ROFLOL

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,339
Points 241,892
Thea replied on Mon, Aug 6 2012 12:28 PM | Locked

Judy T-Bellingham:

I'm working on a few quilts. First and foremost is the fall charm swap. It's coming along well and I think it may turn out to be one of my favorites.  I'm also working on Nana's June Scrappy. I chopped it up quite a bit. Make Disappearing 9 Patch blocks and turned them on-point. I'll use the leftovers for the borders. I already have one on the top. This will be a lap quilt for a friend who just lost her son to a motorcycle accident.

Judy - very sweet quilt - I truly love the scrappy look and that border is awesome - lots of border work but then it is mostly done from leftovers if I am right?  Great job.

I have been working on my 9 patch blocks for my rainbow quilt - had 111 to make - have 40 done... I do 8 at a time - lol - each strip made 8 blocks so I get myself up and do 8 blocks - then I have to rest my back - but I am getting there... they set right next to the sewing machine and I have left the machine on during the day to get myself over there...

After this mornings early phone calls and problems I have been just being lazy - going to take my pain meds - get the clothes out of the dryer and the next load in the dryer - then done with laundry for the day - have to do it at 6 in the am because the state has asked us too - wonder how many others try to conserve the energy like i do... probably a lot...lol... but I did the 2 loads and then napped so the last load will go in the dryer shortly - good thing not Jay's heavy jeans - did those Sat morning... then I have to work on this living room floor some more - animals - argh!!!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 433
Points 11,090
Donna replied on Mon, Aug 6 2012 1:30 PM | Locked

I have been working on this table runner for a co workers birthday.  It is quilt as you go and all I have left is the binding.  Gonna use the blue binding in the pic.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,364
Points 174,888
Marie replied on Mon, Aug 6 2012 1:57 PM | Locked

Judy T-Bellingham:
Make Disappearing 9 Patch blocks and turned them on-point. I'll use the leftovers for the borders

Judy, this is beautiful!  Yet another way to do a disappearing 9 patch.  Love the border made out of the leftovers.  Very unique.

Millbury, MA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Mon, Aug 6 2012 1:59 PM | Locked

Judy - What a lovely quilt and such a generous heart you have!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Mon, Aug 6 2012 2:05 PM | Locked

Woo-Hoo, Rachel! Great deals you got and the pillowcases for your son are terrific. Make sure he doesn't wear Camo PJ's or you'll never know if he's in his bed or not - LOL!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Mon, Aug 6 2012 2:06 PM | Locked

Donna - lovely runner!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Mon, Aug 6 2012 2:15 PM | Locked

Nana:

Judy

Very pretty quilt.   It really tickles me how so many of you just can not follow instructions but go off onto tangents of your own....LOL>   The borders on this are going to be awesome.

Nana, Novice Scrappy Princess that I am, I followed your instructions EXACTLY. I like what I did, but... Now I am looking at all the neat ways people (including Judy T) turned these into unique and very special quilts!  I am truly amazed and wondering why I didn't think of that!!!  Next time, I will be more creative with my scrappies...I promise...LOL!

Judy T -  I love what you did with this.  A D9P was perfect to make this shine!

Winthrop, WA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,364
Points 174,888
Marie replied on Mon, Aug 6 2012 2:28 PM | Locked

Rachel, I love your bed ensemble and your thrifty shopping, great job on each!  Lucky son!  Can't wait to see the window treatments.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,364
Points 174,888
Marie replied on Mon, Aug 6 2012 2:30 PM | Locked

Donna, very pretty table runner, love the fabric!

Millbury, MA

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 433
Points 11,090
Donna replied on Mon, Aug 6 2012 7:20 PM | Locked

HELP!!!!  As I have said, I am a new quilter of 1 1/2 years.  One of the many areas I have yet to master is putting the two ends of binding together on the quilt in the diagonal.  I have finally figured out how to do it when sewing the strips together to make the binding, but no matter what I do or how hard I try I cant get it on the quilt.  I end up doing a straight finish every time and it doesnt look good.

Does anyone know of a tutorial, video that might help me figure this out.

Page 483 of 517 (7754 items) « First ... < Previous 481 482 483 484 485 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use