Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #5

Page 482 of 517 (7754 items) « First ... < Previous 480 481 482 483 484 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 7,753 Replies | 72 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 436
Points 11,285
Donna replied on Sat, Aug 4 2012 11:00 AM | Locked

Thea,  yes we do buy the extra 1/2 yard in case of mistakes, the other extra yard(s) we buy because we love fabric.  LOL.  And I agree,  I like the pattern of the "mistake".  I am gonna think about a design for it. I have yet to design a quilt, may never, but it at least could make for an interesting border.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Sat, Aug 4 2012 11:52 AM | Locked

Does buying fabric and supplies count?  How about watching a great little trunk show with members of the LQS Strip Club.   I'm so tired from getting up and ready to meet Marge and then all the applauding and running around finding fabrics for my quilt (well Marge found most of it)  I'm gonna lay down for a nap and read my new strip book., OOPS strip piecing book.

Last night I used my Elegante...embroider with it for the first time.  That took me forever, but was fun, after all Elle does all the work, after your get the material PROPERLY placed and locked into hoop.  I just sat there for about 15 minutes before I got up the courage to press the start button.

Have a Blessed Day !  Z-z-z-z-z.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 7
Points 50
Beth replied on Sat, Aug 4 2012 12:26 PM | Locked

Not yet, but I did make an Olivia themed place mat for my guild picnic on Tuesday.  We're all bringing and sharing a placemat.  I'm also starting a blueberry pie pincushion based on a pattern in Meg Cox's book The Quilters Catalog.  I've made several of them for our guild boutique but this one is for a display of pincushions that a local library is going to have in September.  

When I finish the pincushion, I'm going back to work on an Anita Grossman Solomon quilt.  It's the self-mitered log cabin quilt in her Rotary Cutting Revolution book.  With Anita's designs, you always get a very interesting method for making blocks.  Anita is one of my top five favorite designers, as there is a surprise in every quilt and her methods are very efficient.  She's the thinking woman's quilt designer.  The finished product always looks a lot more difficult than it actually was.  Love that.  I was able to use my Accuquilt GO to cut hundreds of 1 1/2 inch strips, a real time saver.  

Not Ranked
Posts 6
Points 90
Gena B replied on Sat, Aug 4 2012 1:17 PM | Locked

I am working on my BOM Amish with a Twist today.  I'm on lesson #13 making the block frames. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Sat, Aug 4 2012 1:55 PM | Locked

I am back from work in Moses Lake, so now working on the bargello wedding quilt.  Most of today.  I've got to get it done!

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 119
Points 1,995
Bonnie replied on Sat, Aug 4 2012 2:37 PM | Locked

Patti,

I love Bargellos, so you must share a picture of it when you have it done.

Bonnie B

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 143
Points 4,460
Joe replied on Sun, Aug 5 2012 4:53 PM | Locked

Monster:

• | Post Points: 80
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 467
Points 9,790
Pam replied on Sun, Aug 5 2012 5:54 PM | Locked

Now THAT makes me smile----- good job Joe!

PaM

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,529
Points 177,453
Marie replied on Mon, Aug 6 2012 8:50 AM | Locked

It's a SHE MONSTER, love the flounce!  Cute!

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Aug 6 2012 8:54 AM | Locked

Joe what a cutie ..

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Mon, Aug 6 2012 8:57 AM | Locked

Great Monster-etta, Joe! Very original!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,782
Points 122,490
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Mon, Aug 6 2012 11:33 AM | Locked

I'm working on a few quilts. First and foremost is the fall charm swap. It's coming along well and I think it may turn out to be one of my favorites.  I'm also working on Nana's June Scrappy. I chopped it up quite a bit. Make Disappearing 9 Patch blocks and turned them on-point. I'll use the leftovers for the borders. I already have one on the top. This will be a lap quilt for a friend who just lost her son to a motorcycle accident.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 110
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 79
Points 3,415
Rachel Young replied on Mon, Aug 6 2012 11:47 AM | Locked

Well, it wasn't a quilt, but I was hard at work yesterday behind the sewing machine!

I had some GREAT coupons to Joann's (50% off any regularly priced item, 2x 40% off, 25% off entire purchase). My 11 year old son has been BEGGING me to make him a sheet set. Coupled with the cute curtains Donna Bablyon made on It's Sew Easy (PBS) yesterday, I ran down there and saved just as much as I spent!

Here's what I got done yesterday:

These are his pillowcases (hidden seams in the cuff, French seams down the side and bottom).

I also purchased a discount sheet set at a local store, cut off the cuff of the top sheet and mimicked the same design as the pillowcases:

The blanket was something I made for him last year, so the camoflage pattern didn't necessarily match, but he didn't mind. He was one happy kid!

Next up - finish those Donna Babylon curtains! ;)

Rachel in East Tennessee

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,801
Points 67,540
Bonita replied on Mon, Aug 6 2012 11:54 AM | Locked

Judy T, I love what you did with your blocks. The borders looking good too. I guess I just like everything about it. LOL

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 636
Points 9,445
MaggieNae replied on Mon, Aug 6 2012 11:55 AM | Locked

Rachel, I LOVE the Joann's sale w/coupons they had going on.  I hit pretty hard too.  Spent twice my budget, but when you get broadcloth for $1.75 a yard, it's hard not to get some of every color.  I also picked up a piece of extra wide backing fabric for the commission quilt I'm doing.  It's about 98 x 98.  Got it pressed, and basted.  Ready to quilt.  I also need to put a binding together for it.  I want to get it done this week.  Then I can thorw a charity quilt together and move on to my cousins quilt.

Too many on the list to do...

The sew must go on.

Page 482 of 517 (7754 items) « First ... < Previous 480 481 482 483 484 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use