Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #5

Page 461 of 517 (7754 items) « First ... < Previous 459 460 461 462 463 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 7,753 Replies | 72 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,296
Points 45,850
Angele replied on Sat, Jul 14 2012 3:08 PM | Locked

Sorry Jacy, my computer corrected your name to Macy...LOL.  But it was your quilt that I was talking about. :-)

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,923
Points 26,980
Ramona replied on Sat, Jul 14 2012 6:26 PM | Locked

Agnus,

Gotcha. That does sound like extreme circumstances to have to quilt a quilt :-).  Me, I couldn't stand the heat. That would be enough to put me out of the running. I love it cold. And then not to be able to see. Truly it has to be very frustrating to not be able to see where you're quilting. I've had a few quilts (white on white) where trying to see the thread has caused me some really good mess ups.  That B&W must really be bad.  Hang in there!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,098
Points 24,750
Agnes replied on Sat, Jul 14 2012 9:02 PM | Locked

Ramona:
Me, I couldn't stand the heat.

Give me the cold any day. I dare not set the black & white quilt aside or it will never get done but life has now also forced me to take a break.  So who knows how long it might be before I get back to it. But I will prove I am not a quitter though it may be some time before it's done.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Sat, Jul 14 2012 9:10 PM | Locked

Annie

Your DWR is gorgeous.  You did a great job on a tough pattern.   All of your quilts are very pretty.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Sat, Jul 14 2012 9:48 PM | Locked

Jacy:

Jacy, I really like your houses quilt!  There are so many elements there I could have used in my cottage garden row quilt had I seen this earlier.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 320
Points 4,485
Ally replied on Sat, Jul 14 2012 11:15 PM | Locked

Your quilts are beautiful, we did the stitcher's garden at our LQS last year, really learned alot. the Stitcher's garden II is now out and that is what we are working on at our LQS. Should have all the blocks done in October. Love you DWR, hopefully one day I will be brave enough to give that one a try.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,465
Points 23,995
Elaine Phillips replied on Sun, Jul 15 2012 12:55 AM | Locked

Ally:
stitcher's garden

Ally, I did the Stitcher's Garden quilt, too. It was a lot of fun and I also learned a lot about my machine and stitches and feet. It got pretty pricey after a while because I wanted all the feet that was promoted. lol. I haven't got it all together yet, but that will be my winter project, I think. The lady that taught our class used to be a Viking educator, who traveled all over the world teaching people about Vikings. She was an excellent teacher.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,465
Points 23,995
Elaine Phillips replied on Sun, Jul 15 2012 1:02 AM | Locked

Annie:
This was a BOM called Stitcher's Garden

Annie, I love your Stitchers Garden. I hope to finish mine this winter. I have all the blocks done, I just need to set them together. Wasn't it a fun quilt to do?  We used Misty Fuse on our fusable applique. If you've never used this product you should try it. It is so soft and does not leave the finished product stiff at all. I used to use Steam a Seam but I will never use anything but misy fuse from now on.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Sun, Jul 15 2012 9:25 AM | Locked

Elaine Phillips:

Annie:
This was a BOM called Stitcher's Garden

Annie, I love your Stitchers Garden. I hope to finish mine this winter. I have all the blocks done, I just need to set them together. Wasn't it a fun quilt to do?  We used Misty Fuse on our fusable applique. If you've never used this product you should try it. It is so soft and does not leave the finished product stiff at all. I used to use Steam a Seam but I will never use anything but misy fuse from now on.

Elaine, Thanks for the suggestion. One of my complaints about this is the stiffness. I tried to cut out as many centers of the steam a seam pieces as I could. It it was still siff. I will try misty fuse. I would love to see a pictures of yours. I have seen it with  pastels and mine is made using batiks. I think I like the pastel fabric better, though. What fabric are you using?

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,465
Points 23,995
Elaine Phillips replied on Sun, Jul 15 2012 1:17 PM | Locked

Annie, the colors we used were more in the pastel colors. I will post a picture when I ever get the thing put together.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,114
Points 410,999
gini replied on Sun, Jul 15 2012 5:49 PM | Locked

annie your quilts and pirates are wonderful ,    nice work

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,114
Points 410,999
gini replied on Sun, Jul 15 2012 5:52 PM | Locked

jacy your houses quilt is darling,  way to go on finishing another ufo

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,114
Points 410,999
gini replied on Sun, Jul 15 2012 5:58 PM | Locked

Angele:

This is very pretty Gini. What size is it?  I really like the fancy blue/green batik border you have.  What did you use to cut it? A stencil or a precision die cut?  As always, it is perfect with those appliqués around the nine patch. 

angele, thank you very much.   i think it is 21 inches square,   it is all hand done, you silly, i save all my money for fabric.   i tore off some freezer paper and played with the design until i was happy with it, made a template out of the freezer paper and drew it on with a pencil.

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,412
Points 62,115
Bonita replied on Sun, Jul 15 2012 8:07 PM | Locked

Annie, I really admire your talent. Beautiful work.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,412
Points 62,115
Bonita replied on Sun, Jul 15 2012 8:10 PM | Locked

Jacy, beautiful quilt. What machine stitch did you use? I enlarged the picture but could'nt tell.

Page 461 of 517 (7754 items) « First ... < Previous 459 460 461 462 463 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use