Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #5

Page 455 of 517 (7754 items) « First ... < Previous 453 454 455 456 457 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 7,753 Replies | 72 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,703
Points 179,728
Marie replied on Sun, Jul 8 2012 10:16 AM | Locked

Rachel your DD's bag is beautiful, she did an excellent job on it!  Budding quilter for sure.  Eye for blending fabrics as well.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,346
Points 30,555
Agnes replied on Sun, Jul 8 2012 10:31 AM | Locked

Here's my latest finish. The violet fabric is from the Birthday Flowers line. I just couldn't make myself cut it into small pieces when cutting all the other fabrics for quilt tops. I knew someday I would have a project  for it. That happened when I came across some of McKenna Ryan's Sand in my Shoes fabrics. I would have loved to buy some of every fabric but I restricted myself to one.

I also made the wallet and the bag to carry my big ball of dishcloth yarn which fits inside the shoulder bag.

Agnes in NW Ontario

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,346
Points 30,555
Agnes replied on Sun, Jul 8 2012 10:40 AM | Locked

Rachael--Lovely bag and just love the color. It's always great to hear of mothers and daughters working together at hobbies. 

Agnes in NW Ontario

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,902
Points 69,325
Bonita replied on Sun, Jul 8 2012 10:47 AM | Locked

Beautiful bags Agnes, and beautiful quilting. I can see why you didn't want to cut it up.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,346
Points 30,555
Agnes replied on Sun, Jul 8 2012 10:59 AM | Locked

Bonita:

Beautiful bags Agnes, and beautiful quilting. I can see why you didn't want to cut it up.

Thank you for your kind words, I am just starting to feel really comfortable with my free motion quilting and I believe it shows. I think of the quilts over the years that I would have enjoyed quilting. I was scared s***less of free motion until my walking foot broke two years ago and I forced myself with the mantra "mind over Matter" for the longest time. Now I wonder what I was afraid of.

Agnes in NW Ontario

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,902
Points 69,325
Bonita replied on Sun, Jul 8 2012 11:14 AM | Locked

Agnes:

Bonita:

Thank you for your kind words, I am just starting to feel really comfortable with my free motion quilting and I believe it shows. I think of the quilts over the years that I would have enjoyed quilting. I was scared s***less of free motion until my walking foot broke two years ago and I forced myself with the mantra "mind over Matter" for the longest time. Now I wonder what I was afraid of.

I know what I'm scared of  and that's having to pick it all out after I've messed it up. I truly hate frogging.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,902
Points 69,325
Bonita replied on Sun, Jul 8 2012 11:27 AM | Locked

Debbie,your quillow is lovely and your step-DD is too. Quillos are fun and easy to do. I made one for my sister when she was so ill with cancer and her feet were always cold. I used two layers of fleese, no batting and it was warm enough without being bulky.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,703
Points 179,728
Marie replied on Sun, Jul 8 2012 12:09 PM | Locked

Agnes:
I was scared s***less of free motion until my walking foot broke two years ago and I forced myself with the mantra "mind over Matter" for the longest time. Now I wonder what I was afraid of.

Your wallet and bags are beautiful and your fabric as well.  It's nice when you find patterns where you don't have to cut into the fabrics beauty and make something that nice.  Your FMQing is wonderful!  Do you think my mind can accomplish something like this at some point?  I think I'll try out your mantra and see.  : )

Millbury, MA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,346
Points 30,555
Agnes replied on Sun, Jul 8 2012 2:05 PM | Locked

Marie:
Do you think my mind can accomplish something like this at some point?  I think I'll try out your mantra and see.  : )

Marie--Thanks for your nice comments. I tried the free motion quilting off and on over the period of ten years but gave up and went back to the walking foot with which I felt very comfortable. Two years when just nicely started quilting a queen size quilt with a mixture of straight lines and gentle curves, all with the walking foot. In the middle of my quilting the foot fell apart. Some of the metal parts had worn through with the constant fiction and I couldn't locate a new foot so I put on the free motion foot and you should have heard me muttering to myself. It came out okay and I kept at it with subsequent quilts, getting more relaxed with each one. This summer, even though I finally found a walking foot, just by the sheer fact that I had done quite a few quilts over these past two years, I am now finally equally comfortable with either foot. I can now have combinations on my quilt because I couldn't straight lines with the free motion foot, to save my soul. So, yes, Mind over Matter, or I KNOW I can, forget the I think I can worked for me.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,703
Points 179,728
Marie replied on Sun, Jul 8 2012 3:12 PM | Locked

I keep trying Agnes, thanks for the vote of confidence. 

Millbury, MA

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 458
Points 9,535
chicagosinger replied on Sun, Jul 8 2012 5:05 PM | Locked
Wow, the work I've seen posted over the weekend has been awesome!I feel very humbled and blessed to be a part of this community! Yesterday Susie came over, picked me up and took me to a fabric store in Northbrook (my first time), went back to my place and sewed our little hearts out! I had such a good time! She even liked my CD! I kinda jumped around and worked on a little of everything, while Susie knocked out two tops for quilts and started work on a third, to finish! She even took pictures of my past stuff that I posted earlier with my crummy little camera. Needless to say her pics came out much better than mine did! Thank you Susie for a wonderful day!!! Can't wait to get together again and also to hit some of those shops on the list for the 'shop hop'. It's sooo nice to not only have a quilting buddy, but someone I feel so comfortable with! Because I'm disabled and can't drive, with my husband working, normally I'm stuck in my house 24/7. Sometimes I feel so cut off from life, and wonder if I have any social skills left at all! It's wonderful to have a friend who's not embarrased by my disability and is willing to get me out of the house once in awhile! Thanks again Suze, I hope you had as good a time as I did! Thanks for going through all the trouble! Don't forget everyone... big quilting party in September. We think around the middle of the month. We'll keep you posted. In the meantime, even tho this was originally for Chicago quilters, if you'd like to join us you're more than welcome to. We are looking into hotels, shops, and other activities as well. So stay tuned for any announcements and updates.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 467
Points 9,790
Pam replied on Sun, Jul 8 2012 5:30 PM | Locked

Hi Chicago! Sounds like you are having a fun summer- wish I could go to the Sept. sewing party....!

Post pictures soon ok?

Pam

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 467
Points 9,790
Pam replied on Sun, Jul 8 2012 5:32 PM | Locked

hey everyone! The last few weeks of projects you have finished are just Awesome!!!! I am so amazed at the talent here..... 

also- I posted some items on 'Marketplace' discussion board if interested.

Have a great summer all- Pam

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 458
Points 9,535
chicagosinger replied on Sun, Jul 8 2012 7:45 PM | Locked
Hi Pam! Why can't you come? You're more than welcome to join us! So's anyone else who wants to join us. As I said, we're looking into hotel group rates and other activities such as shop hopping and possibly renting a room for a marathon quilting session. That'll probably be on Saturday, whenever we figure out a date. Please, if your interested in coming, let us know! Who knows, maybe we can turn this into a mini-retreat!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,506
Points 48,350
Angele replied on Sun, Jul 8 2012 10:41 PM | Locked

Great bag Agnes.  I love the way you used the yiolet fabric. Great idea!

Angèle  from NWO

Page 455 of 517 (7754 items) « First ... < Previous 453 454 455 456 457 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use