Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #5

Page 418 of 517 (7754 items) « First ... < Previous 416 417 418 419 420 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 7,753 Replies | 72 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Wed, Jun 6 2012 4:39 PM | Locked

Finally, I have decided to stop trying to reinvent the wheel and am going with a pattern already made for my project.  I have the fabrics. 

Now to get back to the "cooling shirts" so DH will see that I have actually accomplished something.  I know I have, I learned somethings today.  But we both like having a product that shows what we have done.  

Hey, he went fishing today with his business partner.  I wonder if he will have any fish to show for it. This cold, cloudy, windy day.   I'd rather be inside. 

See you all later!

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 18
Points 640
tidesout replied on Wed, Jun 6 2012 4:58 PM | Locked

I completed a batik quilt that will be a Christmas present.  Well, okay.  I completed the top.  Now to decide how to quilt it.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Jun 6 2012 5:04 PM | Locked

do we get to see a picture of this quilt or is it a surprise LOL  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,603
Points 178,388
Marie replied on Wed, Jun 6 2012 5:24 PM | Locked

Barbara:
it is the darning foot

Barbara:
a special bobbin holder

WOW Barbara, tell me more.  I have the Horizon 7700 and I'm using the darning foot as well, didn't know they had a FMQ foot and also didn't know they had a special bobbin holder.  You'd think they would have come with the 7700 since it is listed as a quilters dream machine.  Could you post pics of the two items?

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,467
Points 41,120
Mimi replied on Wed, Jun 6 2012 7:33 PM | Locked

Marie:
 I have the Horizon 7700

I have the 7700 bobbin holder for FMQ.  It has a small blue triangle on it instead of the red one that comes on the piecing bobbin holder. It came out about the same time the second 1/4 inch foot was sent out.  It makes the quilting much easier.  I had to buy it separately from my dealer.  Not as many nests and loops.   I don't know about the darning foot so Barbara please give us the skinny.  Does it come with the machine?

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,617
Points 48,355
Debbie-do replied on Wed, Jun 6 2012 7:34 PM | Locked

Marie:

Barbara:
it is the darning foot

Barbara:
a special bobbin holder

WOW Barbara, tell me more.  I have the Horizon 7700 and I'm using the darning foot as well, didn't know they had a FMQ foot and also didn't know they had a special bobbin holder.  You'd think they would have come with the 7700 since it is listed as a quilters dream machine.  Could you post pics of the two items?

Marie, you beat me to it!  I've got the 7700 as well and had the same questions.  I have 3 FMQ feet!  I usually use the first one on the left in the picture.  I had some thread breakage too but once I switched to Isacord it hasn't been a problem.  I've also tried the Magic Genie Bobbin Washers and didn't notice much if any difference and my dealer didn't recommend using them.  Which foot did your dealer recommend?

Southwest of San Antonio

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,603
Points 178,388
Marie replied on Wed, Jun 6 2012 8:15 PM | Locked

Mimi, thanks for your input, I'll go to my dealer tomorrow and pick up that bobbin holder.

Debbie-do, I'm using the one on the far left, it's called convertible free motion quilting foot.

Barbara, is this the foot you bought?

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,077
Leslie replied on Wed, Jun 6 2012 8:32 PM | Locked

Marie, I use the one in the center, with no special bobbin and I don't have breakage problems

[Ava, Missouri

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Wed, Jun 6 2012 8:56 PM | Locked

Marge (AKA Dimples):

OK - first off, I know I am way behind in this thread. :o( 

Nancy - our shop now has an "add on" stitch regulator on the HQ16.  The machine is in a table - not on a frame so

No, I am way behind in this thread!  I jumped ahead to post something, and then forgot to go back and read the skipped pages.  I saw references to Nana's mariner's compass, so I'm anxious to see it now.

Anyway, the HQ16 in a table is the Sweet Sixteen.  It's a nice set-up with that big throat, but you're back to moving the quilt instead of moving the machine.  I'm not going to investigate a stitch regulator for my HQ because I'm getting better at self-regulation now.  Thanks anyway, Marge!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Wed, Jun 6 2012 9:05 PM | Locked

Nana:

Hey, I found it!  That is one cool compass, Nana!  How did you ever find paper large enough to print this on?  I love the addition of the direction letters to lend authenticity and those great corner designs.  Whose bed will this one go on?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Jun 6 2012 9:24 PM | Locked

Marie and MIMI, the new bobbin holder looks just like the old one but it automatically set then tension and you can only use it for quilting ,has a blue line instead of the red line,He told me if you use it for piecing it will throw off the tension and mess up . the new FMQ attachment I bought came with 3 different feet, I sew the small circle one ,the round plastic one is for echo quilting and the open toe is just for preference,  The darning foot I had looked nothing like the FMQ attachment , I think Debbie has posted a picture of it. he also recommended ,I use and 18 gage needle which really helped with my thread which I was having trouble with breaking so much.

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Jun 6 2012 9:34 PM | Locked

Debbie that is the FMQ attachment I just bought , it is different then the darning foot I was using,  I was told the 7700 came with the new bobbin holder but Mimi said she had to buy one so maybe it was the  higher priced  Janome that came with the new one, anyway it really made a differece in my quilting.the new bobbin holder is for quilting only ,and has to be changed to the old one for peicing or you will mess it up . My dealer also told me to use those bigger needles wihich also helped and my thread didn't break once.  here is a picture of the darning foot I was using ,Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Jun 6 2012 9:36 PM | Locked

Debbie I used the circle one , takes up less room and I could see where I was going great , the plasitic one is for echo quilting ,haven't used it yet ,

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Jun 6 2012 9:54 PM | Locked

Marie I got the whole attachment , I didn't have this one at all. Barbara

Marie:

Mimi, thanks for your input, I'll go to my dealer tomorrow and pick up that bobbin holder.

Debbie-do, I'm using the one on the far left, it's called convertible free motion quilting foot.

Barbara, is this the foot you bought?

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

replied on Wed, Jun 6 2012 9:59 PM | Locked

Hi Barbara, When I quilted with my Viking or Pfaff grand Quilter  I used the large needles and they were top stitch needles. Bigger eyes and make a little bigger hole like you said, but no thread breakage. This made my life so much easier... Who would of thought changing a little needle could make your life so much more enjoyable.

Page 418 of 517 (7754 items) « First ... < Previous 416 417 418 419 420 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use