Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #5

Page 372 of 517 (7754 items) « First ... < Previous 370 371 372 373 374 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 7,753 Replies | 72 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,615
Points 178,613
Marie replied on Wed, May 2 2012 11:16 AM | Locked

Very nice quilts Sukochi, nice colors and Susie your black strips break up the red and white and will be nice when you get them both together.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,480
Jacy replied on Wed, May 2 2012 2:00 PM | Locked

Sukochi,  what a pretty quilt for a little girl!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,805
Sukochi replied on Wed, May 2 2012 2:51 PM | Locked

Susie, I agree with Barbara. The bottom one is a stunner. I love the black floral sashing between the red and white blocks. It just pops. However, the upper one looks harsh with the SO black sashing. Perhaps lighten up the sashing a bit? 

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,805
Sukochi replied on Wed, May 2 2012 2:55 PM | Locked

Debbie, I looked at yours and it took me a few minutes to realize that this was the same pattern. Isn't it interesting how different one pattern changes depending on what fabrics are used and how they are placed.

Sukochi

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 458
Points 9,535
chicagosinger replied on Wed, May 2 2012 4:10 PM | Locked
Hi Sue! Are you kidding? I don't think the second quilt needs anything at all! It's perfect just the way it is. I also like the first one, although the style is a bit advaced for me. Are those pictures of cars in some o the blocks? My eyes are soooo bad, I can't tell.(I know you can identify) Anyway, I like both of them, especially the 2nd one! Hopeyou had a great day! P.S- Can DH stop by and pick up the square tomrrow?

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,580
Points 23,980
Susie replied on Wed, May 2 2012 4:22 PM | Locked

chicagosinger:
Hi Sue! Are you kidding? I don't think the second quilt needs anything at all! It's perfect just the way it is. I also like the first one, although the style is a bit advaced for me. Are those pictures of cars in some o the blocks? My eyes are soooo bad, I can't tell.(I know you can identify) Anyway, I like both of them, especially the 2nd one! Hopeyou had a great day! P.S- Can DH stop by and pick up the square tomrrow?

Thanks Debbi!  I like the second quilt.  It's the first one I'm struggling with.  I need to fill in those "windows" in order to make it wide enough.  Another quilting friend suggested using blue.  I'm going to give it a shot tonight.  If it works, that will give me the ability to try another picture in my head for the border.

Yep--I will have the square with me tomorrow.

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590
MaryLeeHayden replied on Wed, May 2 2012 4:44 PM | Locked

I did work on a quilt today. Know what I learned? I am a lousy piecer, a lousy quilter, and a lousy binder. Why do I delude myself? 

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,805
Sukochi replied on Wed, May 2 2012 4:53 PM | Locked

Now, Mary, you know you are not any of those things. Bad sewing days happen.  Shoot, I resemble every remark you made.  Some of us come to it easy. For others of us, it's a constant battle. Put it away for a day and go back with a positive attitude.

Sukochi

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Wed, May 2 2012 4:56 PM | Locked

its for days like this that chocolate and tv were invented.  Buck up, Baby, it will get better.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 640
Points 9,640
MaggieNae replied on Wed, May 2 2012 5:09 PM | Locked

Mary, Mary quite contrary, how does your quilting sew?

With blue words, fabric whirls, and a great big glass of wine.

WAW (Walk-A-Way), or is there anything we can help you with?

The sew must go on.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 402
Points 6,110
Pat M. replied on Wed, May 2 2012 5:29 PM | Locked

Mary--

We have all had our times when things don't work out.  Decide what you can live with; those things you can't perhaps you could do some frogging-but only if you feel you really have to.  But if you look at some of the antique quilts, points don't match, color choices are what design experts might consider "off", and blocks may be a bit "wonky"--but those quilts have a certain beauty to them and I'm sure they were well loved by people who received them.  Hang in there and remember that you are your own worse critic---I'm certain that your projects are beautiful!

Pat--"Keep Calm and Carry On"

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590
MaryLeeHayden replied on Wed, May 2 2012 5:29 PM | Locked

Vivian :

its for days like this that chocolate and tv were invented.  Buck up, Baby, it will get better.

Hmmm...wine, check; tv, check; chocolate...miniature chocolate chips from my baking pantry...check.

Forgetting my bad seams, poor quilting and atrocious binding? Priceless!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590
MaryLeeHayden replied on Wed, May 2 2012 5:32 PM | Locked

MaggieNae:

Mary, Mary quite contrary, how does your quilting sew?

With blue words, fabric whirls, and a great big glass of wine.

WAW (Walk-A-Way), or is there anything we can help you with?

The sew must go on.

I think I will let the sew go on without me the rest of the night. Perhaps someone could teach FMQ and binding at the Smoky retreat. :D

Love the poem, Maggie!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Wed, May 2 2012 6:08 PM | Locked

Did not work on quilt yet, but still thinking about binding one. Did plan like a hundred quilts while opening 30 boxes of donated fabric for Quilted Hugs from Maddie. It is like Christmas almost every day here. Got lots ot fat quarters and yardage today.. Yeah! As we have enough scraps to last two lifetimes!

Did set up my machine for fMQ first time last night... not easy for me, was easier for maddie but then at 8yo she does not know it is supposed to be difficult. she is still waiting for Tin Lizzie to arrive.

Nan

www.facebook.com/pages/Quilted-Hugs-from-Maddie/12715161484563

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 458
Points 9,535
chicagosinger replied on Wed, May 2 2012 6:14 PM | Locked
Hi Mary! I'm relatevely new and am only starting on my 2nd and 3rd quilt. The first one I have quilted yet, so I know how you feel! However.....I've sen your work on your posts and that's the silliest thing I think I've ever heard you say! I look at your posts and pics and to be honest, you're one of the people here that I look up to and admire! Your quilts are soooooo pretty! So enough of that silliness, take the day off, as others have suggested. I love bubble baths when I get down on myself about my quilting prowess, maybe you'll like it too! Have a better quilty day, tomorrow!

Page 372 of 517 (7754 items) « First ... < Previous 370 371 372 373 374 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use