Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #5

Page 335 of 517 (7754 items) « First ... < Previous 333 334 335 336 337 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 7,753 Replies | 72 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,533
Points 40,000
Linda replied on Wed, Apr 18 2012 6:56 AM | Locked

MaxNTopeka:
I've never had any animal treat me like this cat does.  So she won't get a quilt of her own from me...of course she does have her own heating pad and sheets for it, but not a quilt!

Maybe if you make her a little quilt, she might like you a little bit more. Or make her a quilted cover for her heating pad. Be nice to the poor old gal. Doesn't sound like she has much time left...poor thing.  Sorry, Max, I'm an old softie....and I'm not a fan of cats because I'm terribly allergic to them!!

Lots of hugs,

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985
MaxNTopeka replied on Wed, Apr 18 2012 8:56 AM | Locked

Chicago,

I've posted some pics and instructions over on your messages.  Hope they help!

Max

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 458
Points 9,535
chicagosinger replied on Wed, Apr 18 2012 9:59 AM | Locked
Yes, they helped immensley, of course! Thanks to everyone for the soothing words regarding my last post! Boy oh boy did I have a bad day yesterday. Funny thing is, I didn't know it until the end. The whole time I was sewing I was patting myself on the back, because it was sooo easy, and then to realize how bad I'd boo-boo'd! I felt stupid to say the least. Anyway, it's done and over. I don't think any real damage was done. I start again later today, no worries! Thanks again everyone. Oh and thanks for the compliments on my D9P! Hope everyone has a great day!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,403
Points 119,661
Patti replied on Wed, Apr 18 2012 4:20 PM | Locked

Still a long ways to go, but just wanted to share my progress, this is going to be my row for the row quilts for the Leavenworth retreat.  Just starting adding the water lilies and then there will be the frog, and turtle on a log.  And then to put in the details with thread painting.  And maybe thread paint some dragon flies.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 125
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,368
Points 19,470
safrmaz replied on Wed, Apr 18 2012 4:26 PM | Locked

Very nice, Patti!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,877
Points 141,990
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Wed, Apr 18 2012 4:48 PM | Locked

Whoa!! Patti, this is great.  I didn't take part in the row quilt partly cuz I really didn't quite get the whole concept at first and mostly because of other pressing projects. But I'm just as excited to seeing the rows everyone does at retreat this fall.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,424
Points 23,800
Maggie replied on Wed, Apr 18 2012 4:50 PM | Locked

Patti:

Still a long ways to go, but just wanted to share my progress, this is going to be my row for the row quilts for the Leavenworth retreat.  Just starting adding the water lilies and then there will be the frog, and turtle on a log.  And then to put in the details with thread painting.  And maybe thread paint some dragon flies.

Wow Patti, you have set the bar pretty high.  I'm still in background mode on mine.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,424
Points 23,800
Maggie replied on Wed, Apr 18 2012 4:50 PM | Locked

Patti:

Wow Patti, you have set the bar pretty high.  I'm still in background mode on mine.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 458
Points 9,535
chicagosinger replied on Wed, Apr 18 2012 6:24 PM | Locked
Love the ducks! Very pretty! Just started on the quilt I had to frog yesterday, but I'm taking my time today. Also checking each connection to make sure the seam is even and in the right place. Yesterday was a humbling experience for me, but I learned something. What I learned I'm not sure, but I know I learned something!!!Still waiting for that darned quilting needle. I thought they delivered 1-3 days and it's the one in Florida a lot of you use, so I'm surprised it hasn't arrived yet!If I don't get it by tomorrow I'm going to give them a call and make sure they didn't misplace my order. This is very frustrating! Especially since my DH was in Joannes just yesterday picking up some things for me. I could've had him pick some up for me then. I want to get his quilt finished. So close and yet so far! Oh well, thanks for letting me vent and at least the sewing is going well for me today. Speaking of which, it's time to get back to it! Hope all had a great day! It was really nice here in Chi-town today.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,193
Points 69,375
Robin replied on Wed, Apr 18 2012 6:59 PM | Locked

Patti,

Your ducks are looking good.  Good luck with the thread painting.

Robin

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 458
Points 9,535
chicagosinger replied on Wed, Apr 18 2012 11:25 PM | Locked
Woo-hoo! Finally finished what I tried to do yesterday with no more mishaps! Tomorrow the second step. I will conquer This! I am woman...hear me roar! LOL

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Thu, Apr 19 2012 1:14 AM | Locked

Patti:
Still a long ways to go, but just wanted to share my progress,

Patti - your row is coming along nicely.  It will be so much fun to see all of these rows in Leavenworth in October.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 846
Points 14,415
Pat A replied on Thu, Apr 19 2012 6:34 AM | Locked

Jeanine, Love the string quilt.  I'm becoming a fan of strings since I did a string block for the Craftsy BOM.  Very pretty. 

Pat A. in KY

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 846
Points 14,415
Pat A replied on Thu, Apr 19 2012 6:47 AM | Locked

Carol.  Pretty quilt and really like your new borders and the corner blocks as well.

Pat A. in KY

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,536
Points 48,680
Angele replied on Thu, Apr 19 2012 7:01 AM | Locked

Vivian :

Angele:
Wow Vivian these are beautiful.did you make buth?

Not on your life, they were made by a friend at the same retreat I went to this past weekend.  Stunning aren't they?  She does incredible work (but she isn't a quilter) she just likes to sew.

Vivian, tell your friend the non quilter that her color choices are great and that even though she is JUST sewing, (LOL)  she is doing an amazing job.  Hey maybe that is what I should say I just like to sew.....  Nope doesn't work for me... lol

Angèle  from NWO

Page 335 of 517 (7754 items) « First ... < Previous 333 334 335 336 337 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.