Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #5

Page 299 of 517 (7754 items) « First ... < Previous 297 298 299 300 301 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 7,753 Replies | 72 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 930
Points 15,565
Marge P replied on Sun, Apr 1 2012 4:25 PM | Locked

Angele:
Sorry you missed thé deadline for the contest.... lol.

Thanks, Angele - yeah, I am usually a day late and a dollar short! :-)  I really wish I could have had a 0 before my 4 finished ones. LOL  Hope you post a picture in the thread for UFO's we complete later this year.  i hope to be able to post several.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 930
Points 15,565
Marge P replied on Sun, Apr 1 2012 4:26 PM | Locked

Oops!  I meant a 0 AFTER my 4 UFO's completed!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 1,895
MizPat replied on Sun, Apr 1 2012 4:27 PM | Locked

Thanks, Ramona.  I'm not sure I'd call it daring, just naive.  Every day since i decided to enter, I've questioned my sanity.  I must have been out of my mind to think I was a good enough quilter to dare compete in the Challenge.  They have a category for first timers, so maybe I won't be the only one whose alligator mouth overloaded their hummingbird a**!!  Hope that doesn't offend anyone, but it just seemed to really fit the situation.  When it's really finished, i'll try to get a picture to post.

MizPat in ABQ NM 

in Albuquerque

It's Quilting! You're supposed to be having fun!

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,923
Points 26,980
Ramona replied on Sun, Apr 1 2012 4:35 PM | Locked

Miz Pat,

Too funny!  At least you are trying and I'm sure it looks great. I will look forward to seeing a picture.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,337
Points 38,865
Mimi replied on Sun, Apr 1 2012 5:05 PM | Locked

Marge P:
You can see from the picture I am posting that it is just 16 squares

Thanks Marge.  I just drew a sample to help me remember it.  I'm guessing the squares all finish 2 inches and the block is 8.5 inches before the sashing and cornerstones? Or are the squares 3" finished and it's a 12.5 in block before the sashing and cornerstones?

BTW great job on the quilting for your quilt.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,337
Points 38,865
Mimi replied on Sun, Apr 1 2012 5:15 PM | Locked

Nana:
Mimi it isn't energy its insanity

Well in your insanity just how many of those giants have you made? In my head I'm picturing the story of the princess and the pea with all the quilts piled up high on the bed. You must be mighty warm with all those lovely blankets. I had trouble carting mine upstairs and back down from the bedroom.  That's where I pinned on the borders. I was lucky it didn't get stuck under my feet and I tripped down the two flights of stairs to my sewing room.  LOL  : 0 )

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 930
Points 15,565
Marge P replied on Sun, Apr 1 2012 5:29 PM | Locked

Mimi:
Thanks Marge.  I just drew a sample to help me remember it

Mimi - sorry, meant to say that they are 2 1/2" squares so makes up to a 8 1/2" block - could easily do it the 3 1/2" and get a bigger finished quilt.  Thanks for the comment on the quilting.  I have several more of these little kits on my UFO list so will be making various other lap quilts to get rid of them.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,292
Points 45,710
Angele replied on Sun, Apr 1 2012 5:33 PM | Locked

Jaeanine. this green and black quilt with jungle print is too much fun.  Any young boy will have sweet dreams while cuddling in this quilt.  You did a great job on this one.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,292
Points 45,710
Angele replied on Sun, Apr 1 2012 5:41 PM | Locked

Miz Pat, I think you are not insane but adventurous to try a challenge.  I am not sure I will feel ever ready to do that.  I can't wait to see your quilt completed.  Keep those creative juices flowing!!

Angèle  from NWO

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,923
Points 26,980
Ramona replied on Sun, Apr 1 2012 5:46 PM | Locked

Jeanine,

I just love these quilts your making. So darling! Certainly going to be loved.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,398
Points 45,125
Pat Lancaster replied on Sun, Apr 1 2012 7:06 PM | Locked

Marge P:
Pat, I hope I didn't steer you wrong.  I had posted four UFO's and those four are actually done.  You wouldn't want to see the list I have of them - it would take a couple of lifetimes to finish them all but I am working on it.  

LOL, I am impressed by anyone who finishes anything these days. Life is just so hectic, I haven't worked on anything for a while so I sure haven't finished anything. So, good job Marge, even if you have some more UFOs!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 74
Points 1,710
SkeeterQuilts replied on Sun, Apr 1 2012 7:24 PM | Locked

I am working on a colorful pinwheel quilt today. Vine and leaf applique in the corners. I used 1930s small floral prints in the pinwheels. Machine quilting on my home sewing machine is adding to the fun casual feel of the pattern called "In Mother's Garden".  Wish I could spend some time in the garden, but "Spring" has been slow in coming to the Pacific Northwest this year ... continuing to be very rainy and cold.  PERFECT weather for finishing some of my UFOs.  Happy April Fool's Day to everyone!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 458
Points 9,535
I'm so excited! Almost finished with top. Just have to do the trim/border and then move on to the batting and binding (GULP!!!)! Pam I wound up using both fabrics and they look awesome all together! See Pic below.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 786
Points 20,015
Carol replied on Sun, Apr 1 2012 8:32 PM | Locked

Marge P:

Mimi:
I really like this quilt too Marge!  I love the way the design of the blocks keeps your eye moving inside the quilt.  Does the pattern have a name?

I don't know the name of the pattern as it was just a little pre-cut kit.  You can see from the picture I am posting that it is just 16 squares - 4 light floral, 6 brown/green dot - 4  HST with gold and green and 2 green squares.  Very easy to put together and you get that motion in the quilt just by reversing the blocks when you are laying them out.

Have fun if you try it out.

Marge, I think this block  might be called "Contrary Wife" in one of my old books.  Anyone else have a name?  Will see if t his one posts, the last one I sent (or thought I sent, and is listed in my home page) but did not show up as a post. 

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,233
Points 35,340
Linda replied on Sun, Apr 1 2012 8:52 PM | Locked

Marge, pretty quilt.  Is that quilting hand quilting? Beautiful!

Page 299 of 517 (7754 items) « First ... < Previous 297 298 299 300 301 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use